ADVERTISEMENT

In a Nutshell...

rutobs

Sophomore
Jan 26, 2012
This game certainly is not a season defining win, more than it may go down as a season defining game. Lose this game, and by all measures, we put ourselves in a very untenable situation; a hole we may not be able to get out of. But coming back to win this game can go a long way to strengthen our NCAA chances and also the mental toughness of this team.

This game felt similar in some ways to the Michigan game from the standpoint that we were getting more shots, but just couldn't seem to put the ball in the basket; even the easy shots and tap ins. These are games that, in the past, we would have continued to lose; but we ARE a different team this year, even with our faults. I have to imagine that Pike assumed that by now, we would have a little better, if not more consistent shooting from Geo, Caleb and Harper to go along with a pretty consistent stingy defense, but it does not look like that will be the case this season; I think we just have to accept that.

It shows that we can hang with and beat any team in the Big Ten, but also potentially lose to any team as well. Bottom line is, go undefeated at home, we're in; do that and steal a road win, we're really in the driver's seat for a nice seeding in the Tournament.

Love this team; it's better than the '89 team, but similar in the respect that although they both can't shoot that well, they are full of scrap and hustle. I was thinking in the beginning of the season that the best we could do was NIT, so Pike is year a head of schedule in my mind. Just hoping for a strong finish! Go Knights!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT