ADVERTISEMENT

Jersey Shore League?

pnbsoup22

Freshman
Sep 26, 2007
Does anyone know if the Jersey Shore League will be happening in Belmar this year? Are any of our players playing in any summer leagues? I remember Jack playing at Hunter College in NY?

Just wondering if anyone has any input?

Thanks all!

pnbsoup22

Just an FYI, JSBL will happen again this year at Wall HS. Schedule is up on there facebook page. No rosters till a few days before first game.

Thought some maybe interested..

Still no word on this...

There will be no large RU contingent playing anywhere. One or 2 guys may suit up depending on workout and class schedules.

Just an FYI, JSBL will happen again this year at Wall HS. Schedule is up on there facebook page. No rosters till a few days before first game.

Thought some maybe interested..
I wonder why St. Rose doesn't want to do it anymore? I know Sandy was the issue a few years ago. But it's not now.

Or does the JSBL prefer Wall HS now?

If I'm Matt Doherty, I'd want it back in my town. Whether it's St. Rose, close by at The Headliner or somewhere else in Belmar....$$$$$$

Last edited:
We need to have our guys play in a very competitive summer league. .

We need to have our guys play in a very competitive summer league. .
jersey shore league is not competitive....just run and gun.... I have always thought it did more harm than good.... they guys need to learn to play together and also play d.... there is neither in the JSL

jersey shore league is not competitive....just run and gun.... I have always thought it did more harm than good.... they guys need to learn to play together and also play d.... there is neither in the JSL

Are there any real competitive summer leagues that play defense? I have always thought of the JSBL a place where you 1. play bb and keep your cardio up, and 2. test out some skills you may have been working on. Dribbling, new offensive moves, etc. I don't think it really helps to develop you in terms of playing competitive ball in the BIG, but it definitely is entertaining and fun to watch the RU guys. Guys like Douby drop by and put on shows. I like the JSBL and hope Rutgers guys play in it. There is no way I am going down there to watch if there are no RU players and only guys from Monmouth, Stockton, NJIT, etc.

Having said that, if there is a summer league in NYC with Rutgers guys, I would check out a game or two since its only a short Path ride away.

BK, if you let us know where they will be playing, it would be appreciated.

Reactions: Local Shill
The JSBL used to be great. Seems like its time has passed. I don't know why it isn't at SR any more, but Wall's gym is bigger and getter.. For years, the JSBL commish was a SR grad.

The JSBL used to be great. Seems like its time has passed. I don't know why it isn't at SR any more, but Wall's gym is bigger and getter.. For years, the JSBL commish was a SR grad.

After Hurricane Sandy it had to be moved out temporarily due to repairs needed at the school.
Then I'm assuming people enjoyed the open parking lots at Wall HS (vs. street parking at St Rose).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT