ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy V

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
So, here I am in the Raleigh Sheraton and I get to see just how differently places other than NJ deal with iconic basketball figures. They have "Jimmy V's osteria and grill" down stairs. My wife and I decide to get something to eat and it is like a shrine to the guy. Sure, I know we are talking Duke basketball here, but I cannot imagine any place in NJ that would do something similar for a Rutgers legend.
For what it is worth, on the walls when you enter the place there is a series of very large photos showing Jimmy's life from young child to Duke legend. Thankfully, his RU team photo is prominently displayed.

Sure, I know we are talking Duke basketball here, but I cannot imagine any place in NJ that would do something similar for a Rutgers legend.

For what it is worth, on the walls when you enter the place there is a series of very large photos showing Jimmy's life from young child to Duke legend. Thankfully, his RU team photo is prominently displayed.

That must be a pretty amazing restaurant to make Jimmy V a Duke legend (must be news to those at Duke though).

So, here I am in the Raleigh Sheraton and I get to see just how differently places other than NJ deal with iconic basketball figures. They have "Jimmy V's osteria and grill" down stairs. My wife and I decide to get something to eat and it is like a shrine to the guy. Sure, I know we are talking Duke basketball here, but I cannot imagine any place in NJ that would do something similar for a Rutgers legend.

Don't assume that wouldn't happen here until somebody wins a national championship and then it doesn't happen. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT