ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Football (A 2015 opponent) - How bad?

WhichReligionIsRight

Hall of Famer
Oct 19, 2010
Davis, CA
A numbnut defender hit the QB on a no-hit drill. QB Is out for the season.

Not sure if that will work; not sure how to embed a video url. Edit: Hey, I did it!

And this is why they blew the whistles and stopped the action as soon as Resigno took off during our game. No sense risking a QB in the open field like that for an exhibition.

Jeez ... and the QB was wearing a red, no-contact, jersey.

But, apparently, the player who hit him didn't realize he was tackling the QB.

Here's a quote from Michael Cummings, the injured Kansas QB:

“It was a complete freak accident," said Cummings. "I have reviewed the film from Saturday and Michael Glatczak was being blocked down the field and had his back to the action for almost the entire play. At the last second he turned to make the tackle without having any idea who was carrying the ball. He is a great kid, a great teammate and again it was just a very unfortunate accident.”

That play looks very much like what happened to James vs Navy last season. If that video was from a Navy spring practice, there would be many on this board proclaiming it is further evidence that Navy plays dirty football.

Cummings handled it with class. You'd have to think that this could cause some problems in the locker room if he blamed Glatczak for the injury.

That play looks very much like what happened to James vs Navy last season. If that video was from a Navy spring practice, there would be many on this board proclaiming it is further evidence that Navy plays dirty football.

Cummings handled it with class. You'd have to think that this could cause some problems in the locker room if he blamed Glatczak for the injury.

While the injury may be similar, the situations were different. Apparently the Kansas guy had his back to the action and turned quickly to try to make a tackle, and ended up with a low hit... the Navy guy was coming in hard at PJ's legs, and put a helmet on his knee.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't we have a hit on the QB a few years back, during a practice (maybe it was Savage?). Because the QB took off running, he lost that "no hit" status, so one of the DB's tackled him, which caused a minor fracas between several of the players. The QB later said that he liked the fact that the guys were revved up.

And the nit wits on Sirius College radio this morning want programs to bring in 1aa's for spring games to make them more real.

Temple coach this morning made a GREAT point. He is against spring games against other programs. He said the game is about the kids... ....players down on the roster who will never play in a real game. They get a chance to suit up in front of mom and dad, and actually get to play. I agree with this. The Refs should blow the whistle the moment the QB gets past the line of scrimmage, IMO.

(I actually tuned in this morning for the first time in a long time. The other thread on Sirius College radio struck my interest again)

College NEEDS to keep itself from jumping the shark like the NBA/NHL (80 reg games for everyone to make the playoffs, 3 rounds playing each other again to see who plays for the championship?), the MLB with its 160 games to see who they get to PLAY AGAIN in the playoffs and the NFL (which is becoming like the WWF - over exposed).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT