ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we got our Heavyweight for next year

Last edited:
Colucci had some very good training partners at Lehigh. (Wood, Rey)
I would think he has improved this past year.
In the video i watched, he seemed like he was fairly well built. Definitely a different type or wrestler than gross. My uneducated guess is he will be a slight upgrade from gross.I think he is a borderline NCAA tourney guy.

I am excited to see him wrestle and compete.

Disclaimer: Remember I am a pessimist.

Yeah, that win is probably better. However, at the time, Jennings was still only 42 in Wrestlestat. Jennings now 22, but Gross lost to him in the dual this year.

Yeah. I just mean in my personal estimation. That was his biggest win. That was the win that made me think he could make some noise this year. Didn't work out that way though.

Good stop gap. Now we can keep Correnti at 197 and go all out for Fernandez of Voorhees next year. Also will allow us to redshirt Fernandez if we are fortunate enough to land him.

Incoming freshman Kyle Lightner, who was a NJ State champ at 195 2 years ago, and missed this season with a knee injury, is now up to 250 !
Wow! Didn't know that. We go from an ex football player away from wrestling for a number of years to some serious competition at Hwt.

No. Rumors are that it is very bad weight.

Christian Colucci
Kyle Lightner
Dylan D'Amore
Alex Esposito
Ralph Normandia.

285 looks like Rutgers biggest, but, also weakest weight class.

Just need one to really step up their game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT