ADVERTISEMENT

March MatNess is ON ! NCAA Wrestling Tourney Thread :

I know Mackall was hurt, but how was he doing before that? He was highly regarded in HS. What are the expectations for him? HIgher/lower/same as Paetzell?

I also put Grello firmly in mix at 165.
Mackall was rated in the teens in his weight class and near 100 for overall class recruit..his sr year. seems to be some hype for him on the board but I'm not buying yet Until I see him on the mat or wng gives some inside info like a Richie lewis 20 win season or something..

Mackall was rated in the teens in his weight class and near 100 for overall class recruit..his sr year. seems to be some hype for him on the board but I'm not buying yet Until I see him on the mat or wng gives some inside info like a Richie lewis 20 win season or something..
Thats why I asked

My biggest question mark is who replaces Theo at 149. Does Giraldo win the job and end his frustrating inconsistencies on the mat? Does Deluca make a full recovery and take the spot? Or does Glasgow just waltz in and start Day 1 because of the current question marks of the 149 wrestlers we have?
There was a part in this season where Giraldo was close to taking theo's spot. He probably would have NCAA qualified for 49 spot this year honestly. Although inconsistent, Giraldo is battle tested and has his moments and should be front runner to start 49 next year (I'd bet good money he qualifies NCAA too). Remember, I believed in Scotty D when everyone forgot him and was on the dippery train so trust me on this. Idk too much about deluca honestly besides that he had a close loss to tsirsis. (which could mean anything since tshirt wins close like Heil usually).
Glasgow just won the title at 52 beating Griffith. Let him RS and he can transition into 57 nicely once Richie graduates.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I don't think Van Brill can wrestle 165. He would have to put on some serious muscle. I am hoping Grello can win it. He has some serious talent. It would be great if Glasgow could make 149. I would like to see JVB stay at 141 and take over for Ash after next season. I like this group;

Mackall
Del
Ash
Glasgow
Lewis
Grello
Pagano
Gravina
Mulligan
Lewis
U must be talking about MVB.. JVB had a pretty big frame for 157

There was a part in this season where Giraldo was close to taking theo's spot. He probably would have NCAA qualified for 49 spot this year honestly. Although inconsistent, Giraldo is battle tested and has his moments and should be front runner to start 49 next year (I'd bet good money he qualifies NCAA too). Remember, I believed in Scotty D when everyone forgot him and was on the dippery train so trust me on this. Idk too much about deluca honestly besides that he had a close loss to tsirsis. (which could mean anything since tshirt wins close like Heil usually).
Glasgow just won the title at 52 beating Griffith. Let him RS and he can transition into 57 nicely once Richie graduates.

I would put money on Giraldo starting next year. I'm just not giving up on him. Time for him to settle into a weight and take the next step.

I would put money on Giraldo starting next year. I'm just not giving up on him. Time for him to settle into a weight and take the next step.
I'm just curious as to why Giraldo is such a Jeckyll and Hyde wrestler. Is it mental? He will beat guys like Banister and then turn around and lose to some scrub in the next match.

I'm just curious as to why Giraldo is such a Jeckyll and Hyde wrestler. Is it mental? He will beat guys like Banister and then turn around and lose to some scrub in the next match.

If I had the answer, I would be on the phone with Scotty and Donny.

D1 college wrestling is also a different animal. Some guys just don't transition the same.

I meant Gross for heavy weight above not Lewis.

I meant JVB not being able to wrestle 165. Sure he has the frame but he got muscled around badly second half of the year at 157. If he is going to move up he will have to add some serious muscle. I don't see it happening.

Reactions: elvis7

The sport of wrestling is so hard. Not only do you have to train so hard, but you have to watch what you eat, cannot eat much, how much you weigh, sweat out to make the weight, etc. For all the kids to have that kind of success in wrestling so far, they have sacrificed for over 10 years. I think it's normal for kids to say enough is enough, no matter how talented they are. Here's to hoping that Giraldo finds that inner drive to realize his true potential in his last 2 years of competitive collegiate wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT