ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: #16 Rutgers at Maryland, 7pm, BTN +, Flowrestling

Gravina is a graduate student and Scott is a Junior so their situations are significantly different than Glasgow, who is a true freshman.

There isn't much wrestling left for either of them at RU so it makes sense for them to grind it out and contribute as much as they can at this point. On the other hand, Glasgow still has the majority of his college career in front of him so it makes sense to be a little more cautious if possible.

At this point, that is true. But Gravina's shoulder seems to have been popping out since the dawn of ages. Get's popped back in during the match and he kept wrestling time and time again. Now he is a warrior (which I agree with) and a heck of a nice young man I might add. Perhaps in three more years, Glasgow will be a warrior too.

But it's OK for you to blame the coaching staff all year for not wrestling MVB at 141? I believe that's what you call hypocrisy. Any high level athlete is going to say they want to compete. It's up to the coach's to decide what's best for them. They're the adults, they're the one's with experience not some 19 year old kid.
Get your facts straight ..what I said was merely wondering why MVB didn’t get his spot back after the concussion protocol was over ..it’s not like we were getting results there at the time ..even asked if they had wrestled off as to why he wasn’t back ..if your gonna make comparisons at least compare the same thing....I never blamed the staff at all ..I wonder just like everyone else here does ...blaming coaches just seems to be a lot of you guys MO ...

Haleyr1 respectfully -Some clarity the kid had meniscus surgery then wrestled two weeks after.This is a 4 to 6 weeks healing process before getting back on the mat to "just practice".Getting a feel of his knee by rolling on the mat.First mistake by the coaches in putting it on the kid to wrestle who just wants to wrestle.These are adults who need to make the best decision for the future of a young man to be.If this was my kid there is no way I would let him wrestle in these conditions causing any further damage to the healing process.I think the parents should take some blame here also allowing their son to wrestle.Just throwing him out there injured with not adequate time to heal because there is no one else is the real hogwash.It is easy to post behind a screen name without knowing all the true facts.All Goody kept saying was Glasgow was 100% which we know now is total bullshit.Be truthful about the health conditions of the kid.Just the business of wrestling as usual.We can't afford this happening with our future recruits in similar situations.

Yes he absolutely lost those matches late.Maybe Glasgow is not the promise of a wrestler we expected.It does not negate the fact it was mishandled.I don't care how tough you are but wrestling through these type of injuries is very difficult.If it was that easy I would like to see any one of us wrestling at a high level in these conditions.
Then don’t hide behind your keyboard and take it up with coaches then ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT