ADVERTISEMENT

MD-Rutgers: Politi Column

Aggs

All Conference
Jan 19, 2013
http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2015/03/eddie_jordan_lacking_answers_as_losses_keep_mounti.html#incart_river

Will the team that takes the floor at the RAC in eight months look any better than the one that play on that floor for the final time on Tuesday night?
"From a talent level we need to get better," Jordan said after the 60-50 loss to the Terrapins, and when asked if that would be the case next fall, he wasn't sugarcoating anything. "I can't ... I would hope so. I would think that with the people we've got coming in, we've got good solid recruits coming in, that remains to be seen. We're trying."

Thought it was one of Eddie's better pressers.

" I wake up in the middle of the night saying 'cut Kadeem, cut' " tells you all you need to know about one of the MAJOR issues this season.

Depends on what he means. Is it that he should be "cutting" across the floor or that he just wants to "cut" him from the team?
I can see it being both.

While its stupid to make these kind of conclusion, this press conference gave me little reason to think things will change here under the current regime ever.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think the simple fact is, next year the team will be dominated by players who've never played a college game (this years academic casualties plus the incoming freshman), or who have played relatively little (Doorson et al), or who've played but haven't really made all that much of an impact (Etou). I wouldn't get the expectations up too high.

Originally posted by cohwx:
I think the simple fact is, next year the team will be dominated by players who've never played a college game (this years academic casualties plus the incoming freshman), or who have played relatively little (Doorson et al), or who've played but haven't really made all that much of an impact (Etou). I wouldn't get the expectations up too high.

If Sanders is 2/3 what people say and everyone stays there are enough pieces for us to be at worst the same level of this year.

I expect/hope Etou and Williams become different players without Jack and Mack.

If we hear reports in November of players getting thrown out of gyms, practices 2X harder than the past 2 years, and Sanders being B1G ready this team will be fun to watch.

If everyone is healthy, stays with the program and has the grades, next year's team will be:

Probable starters
PF Foreman
SF Etou
C Lewis
PG Sanders
SG Williams

Bench
G Daniels
C Doorson
G Goode
F R. Johnson
F K. Johnson
F/C Diallo
G Okoro
(open spot)

Nobody knows how the hell next year's team will perform.

If you're a diehard -- and most likely you are if you regularly post and/or read this board -- you'll be eager to find out. That's why we're fans.

This post was edited on 3/4 12:45 PM by PiscatawayMike

Originally posted by PiscatawayMike:
If everyone is healthy, stays with the program and has the grades, next year's team will be:

Probable starters
PF Foreman
SF Etou
C Lewis
PF Sanders
SG Williams

Bench
G Daniels
C Doorson
G Goode
F R. Johnson
F K. Johnson
F/C Diallo
G Okoro
(open spot)

If you're a diehard -- and most likely you are if you regularly post and/or read this board -- you'll be eager to find out. That's why we're fans.
Everyone on this board knows the answer to that question.

Originally posted by PiscatawayMike:

Probable starters
PF Foreman
SF Etou
C Lewis
PF Sanders
SG Williams

Bench
G Daniels
C Doorson
G Goode
F R. Johnson
F K. Johnson
F/C Diallo
G Okoro
(open spot)

Everyone on this board knows the answer to that question.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
sanders, daniels, williams, etou, lewis would be my guess
Just a gut he goes the other way.

Sanders, Daniels, Etou, Lewis, Diallo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT