ADVERTISEMENT

Mets v Yankees 2015: Who's better?

Tanaka going on the DL for a month with forearm strain, is a huge blow to the Yanks' chances this season.

Oh, so ND has won 5 national championships since 1996 and one as recently as 2009? Fool.
Yeah and Notre Dame fans point to past glory to justify present failures. Just like you jerk.

And before you notice, it's not my fault Red Sox fans can't spell.

yankees-history.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah and Notre Dame fans point to past glory to justify present failures. Just like you jerk.

And before you notice, it's not my fault Red Sox fans can't spell.

yankees-history.jpg
Not a baseball fan, but in my lifetime, the Yankees are 7-4 in the World Series. Mets fans act like 1986 was last year. Every year. The Mets have been in 4 if I recall correctly. 2-2 and one of those loses was to the Yankees. The Mets wish they had that history.

Huge Yankee fan here. I have to go with the Mets because the Yankees WILL have major injury issues the year. You see it already with Tanaka and Ellsbury and I would expect long DL stints for Arod, Sabby, Tex and Beltran (at a minimum)

I laugh at all Mets fans who are giddy about an 8 game lead on the Nats (7as of this writing). There's 141 games left. Mets have already proven they can blow a 7 game lead with just 17 to go.

"I laugh at all Mets fans who are giddy about an 8 game lead on the Nats (7as of this writing). There's 141 games left. Mets have already proven they can blow a 7 game lead with just 17 to go."

Come on. When was the last time Mets fans had anything to be giddy about ?
They're probably gonna put a banner up at Citifield that says "Mets 2015...1/8 of the season champion."

Reactions: JMG1MON
"I laugh at all Mets fans who are giddy about an 8 game lead on the Nats (7as of this writing). There's 141 games left. Mets have already proven they can blow a 7 game lead with just 17 to go."

They're probably gonna put a banner up at Citifield that says "Mets 2015...1/8 of the season champion."

Haha

I laugh at all Mets fans who are giddy about an 8 game lead on the Nats (7as of this writing). There's 141 games left. Mets have already proven they can blow a 7 game lead with just 17 to go.
Yeah, that was almost as bad as losing a series after being up 3-0.

"KBEE, thought you were busy checking out temple's roster?"

Why would I be checking out Temple's roster ?
Besides, I can multi-task.:(

Yeah, that was almost as bad as losing a series after being up 3-0.

Thanks for bringing up an entirely irrelevant topic.
Then again, every Yankees fan on this thread is completely convinced they are going to the postseason. They are also expecting to be in a position to sweep and are touting that throughout this thread so I guess it is completely relevant.

"Yeah, that was almost as bad as losing a series after being up 3-0."

The Mets certainly couldn't know 'cause in their entire piss-poor history they've NEVER been up 3- zip in the playoffs.

The Mets certainly couldn't know 'cause in their entire piss-poor history they've NEVER been up 3- zip in the playoffs.
Jeez...obsess much?

The Good Ship Metsie seems to have taken on a little water.

Mets swept Braves in 1969 NLCS 3-0.

Thanks for bringing up an entirely irrelevant topic.
Then again, every Yankees fan on this thread is completely convinced they are going to the postseason. They are also expecting to be in a position to sweep and are touting that throughout this thread so I guess it is completely relevant.
It's just as relevant as you bringing up 7 up with 17 to go.

It's just as relevant as you bringing up 7 up with 17 to go.

Really? Mets fans are acting like they have won the division already with 140 games left. Trying to give some historical context to that large portion of the fan base.

So, again I ask how is blowing a 3-0 lead in the postseason relevant? Yankees fans aren't acting like they've won anything at the moment.

Soon enough the Yanks with their old roster will have someone else get hurt.

"Soon enough the Yanks with their old roster will have someone else get hurt."

You must be new to this sports thing. Soon enough EVERY team will have someone else get hurt.
I just hope it's not Arod.

Watching baseball a long time, just nice to bust you KBEE.

While the Yanks are 'old' in many spots (outfield, ARod, CC, 2b, Tex etc) their Bullpen has been terrific and saving their season so far. If they can get Nova and Tanaka back (and I doubt Tananka makes it thru a full season), Yanks can hang in the pennant race. What happened to Kuroda? He's old too.

I'm not a Met fan, but I watch Harvey whenever he pitches, just like I did when Seaver , Nolan Ryan, and Gooden were on the Mets.

While the Yanks are 'old' in many spots (outfield, ARod, CC, 2b, Tex etc) their Bullpen has been terrific and saving their season so far. If they can get Nova and Tanaka back (and I doubt Tananka makes it thru a full season), Yanks can hang in the pennant race. What happened to Kuroda? He's old too.

I'm not a Met fan, but I watch Harvey whenever he pitches, just like I did when Seaver , Nolan Ryan, and Gooden were on the Mets.

Kuroda went back to Japan.

Come on Yankee fans, give the Mets a break, they just won the
2015 April Cup. Give credit where it's due. Please try to understand
after 53 years of being mostly under 500. They have the right to
celebrate the April cup. After all a true Met fan knows deep down
history shows this only a hiccup from their usual way. And starting threads
like this gives them comfort.

Really? Mets fans are acting like they have won the division already with 140 games left. Trying to give some historical context to that large portion of the fan base.

So, again I ask how is blowing a 3-0 lead in the postseason relevant? Yankees fans aren't acting like they've won anything at the moment.
I don't know any Met fan that thinks they won the division already. Met fans are excited by a good start, but who wouldn't be?

Mets 16-9
Yanks 15-9
Too bad you can't play the Phillies all the time.

Yankees and Mets are playing over their heads. Yanks are super hot and the Mets have cooled. Anyone declaring who is much better is a fool. Looong way to go. Both teams have strengths and flaws

One thing that is interesting is when people talk about the Mets they talk about how young the staff is, but when they talk about the Yankees people say they are old. Here are ages of the 5 starters for both teams

Mets:
Colon 41
Harvey 26
deGrome 26
Gee 29
Neise 28

Yankees:
Tanaka 26
Pineda 26
Sabatha 34
Eovaldi 25
Warren 27

It looks like the Yankees starting 5 are actually younger than the Mets.

One thing that is interesting is when people talk about the Mets they talk about how young the staff is, but when they talk about the Yankees people say they are old. Here are ages of the 5 starters for both teams

Mets:
Colon 41
Harvey 26
deGrome 26
Gee 29
Neise 28

Yankees:
Tanaka 26
Pineda 26
Sabatha 34
Eovaldi 25
Warren 27

It looks like the Yankees starting 5 are actually younger than the Mets.
Well when you consider that the 24 yr old Wheeler would have replaced Gee if he hadn't blown out his elbow, that would look a bit different.

Also 22 yr old Steve Matz and 22 yr old Noah Syndergaard are dominating AAA and will be in Queens this year.

Mets now 16-10
Yanks 15-9

I think that means we are now better than the Metsies.

Uh, Yanks now 16-9
Metsies 16-10
Yeah....we're better.

I have no ax to grind against Mets fans or the Mets.
Life long Yankees fan would love a repeat of the Subway Series.
Watching the Yankees win another game tonight. I never expected this team would be this good.
Someone mentioned that the Yankees can't win in this time frame is looking silly

"I have no ax to grind against Mets fans or the Mets."

You must not know many Mets fans.
I know lots of them and almost all of them have always been jealous of the Yankees' success and take every opportunity to take shots at the 27-time World Champions. It's why I love busting those amazin' losers.
Good times.

I know lots of them and almost all of them have always been jealous of the Yankees' success and take every opportunity to take shots at the 27-time World Champions. It's why I love busting those amazin' losers.
Good times.
I know many Mets fans. They just aren't a-holes. We have been too many Mets/Yankees games together and we always have a fun time. I am the godfather to my best friends daughter. She is a big Mets fan and I proudly buy her Mets jerseys. Her favorite is they Gary Carter jersey I got for her

I know lots of them and almost all of them have always been jealous of the Yanees' success and take every opportunity to take shots at the 27-time World Champions. It's why I love busting those amazin' losers.
Good times.
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of jealousy. Aren't we all jealous of the success of Ohio State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT