ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan at Wisconsin

gordel1

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2006
What is a better result for Rutgers? A Michigan win will give Rutgers another Q1 win as I understand it they are a couple places away plus it gives RU a better chance at a top 4 finish but obviously from a bubble perspective Michigan could grab another bid with a win today.

I am wondering how many bids the B1G might get? It seemed like the # was 7 but could they get an 8th? We still have such a tough road ahead may need to get three more W's ( including the tournament) to hear our name called.

Michigan seems to be playing better. Would not shock me to see them beat Wisconsin.

I would say a Michigan win. I think Rutgers is really good and has a better chance of being in the top 4 then missing the tournament. Wouldn’t surprise me at all is if they pull out 3 or 4 more regular season wins.

Better question...instead of who to root for, who ya got? I have no feel for this one and can see it going either way. Anyone have a strong feeling about the outcome?

Michigan is back to #29 in the NET giving us our 7th Q1 back. Let's keep them in the top 30 and win our 8th Q1 today. Michigan can come back home after a tough road win and play us, You know payback for what we did to them on Jan 4th is already on Michigan's mind, I'd rather it be off a win than a loss.

Agreed but who we root for today might be different for who we wanted to win when we look back at this next week.
Yeah that’s the dilemma, right? We will only know who to root for in these games if we could see into the future to see how our last five games will go. If we end up winning 3 of five or better, then we should’ve rooted for Michigan to beat Wisconsin to improve our chances of a top 4 finish. But if we only win 1 or 2, then we should’ve rooted for Wisconsin to beat Michigan, to knock UM down a peg on the Bubble.

Personally, I’m staying positive and thinking we have a good chance at a top 4 finish. So,…. Let’s go Wolverines!!!

Yeah that’s the dilemma, right? We will only know who to root for in these games if we could see into the future to see how our last five games will go. If we end up winning 3 of five or better, then we should’ve rooted for Michigan to beat Wisconsin to improve our chances of a top 4 finish. But if we only win 1 or 2, then we should’ve rooted for Wisconsin to beat Michigan, to knock UM down a peg on the Bubble.

Personally, I’m staying positive and thinking we have a good chance at a top 4 finish. So,…. Let’s go Wolverines!!!
Good chance if we finish 3-2 we’ll earn the double-bye.

If Rutgers beats Purdue and Michigan beats Wisconsin,

Standings
Illinois 12-4
Purdue 12-5
Rutgers 11-5, Rutgers 1-0 vs Wisc
Wisconsin 11-5
Ohio St 9-5
MSU 9-6, MSU 1-0 vs UM
Michigan 9-6

I think we want that, we aren't competing with Michigan for a spot at NET #29, ours in the 70s. They are either in or out based on wins/losses difference, 14-10 6 left, 16-14, 0-1 out 16-15, 17-13, 1-1 in, 18-14 as a 9 or 10seed.

Pretty amazing that 7 teams have legitimate contention for a share of the tittle with about 4 games to go
Realistically it’s probably 5. Being 2 back in the loss column, you’re not jumping 6 teams to win the conference. Somebody is going to play well down the stretch

I would say a Michigan win. I think Rutgers is really good and has a better chance of being in the top 4 then missing the tournament. Wouldn’t surprise me at all is if they pull out 3 or 4 more regular season wins.
Can’t stand Michigan. HC Moe Howard is a buffoon. And Dickerson is very face-punch-worthy. Screw Michigan.

I am rooting for Davison and Dibate to fight and have everyone (except Juwan Howard) leave the bench to join. Since I am a pacifist I don’t want to see anyone get hurt though.
Best answer so far. But I am also rooting for HC Moe Howard to leave the bench and get an errant punch to the groin. 🤣

Realistically it’s probably 5. Being 2 back in the loss column, you’re not jumping 6 teams to win the conference. Somebody is going to play well down the stretch
We are only 1 game back in the loss column, and only have to jump 3 teams, two of which we still play head to head (Wisconsin and Purdue).

And that somebody that can play well down the stretch could be us.

Reactions: Scangg
We are only 1 game back in the loss column, and only have to jump 3 teams, two of which we still play head to head (Wisconsin and Purdue).

And that somebody that can play well down the stretch could be us.
For sure we are in it. If we win today that is. However I wouldn’t put Michigan in the race at this point.

Both teams shooting bricks .Davis not taking enough shots for Wisconsin.

ýou just jinxed us all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT