ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State coaching?

What rule is that? The ball went 10 yards. The kicking team has just as much right to that ball as the receiving team at that point. Only way for the receiving team to insure an unopposed possession is if they call a fair catch. Which they didn’t.
No, it needs to bounce in order for the kicking team to legally recover it

No, it needs to bounce in order for the kicking team to legally recover it

ARTICLE 4. CATCH OR RECOVERY OF A FREE KICK​

1. If a player of the receiving team catches or recovers the ball, he may advance.
  2. If the ball is declared dead while in the simultaneous possession of two opposing players, the ball is awarded to the receiving team.
  3. A player of the kicking team may legally touch, catch, or recover the ball if:
    1. it first touches a receiving team player; or
    2. it reaches or crosses the receiving team’s restraining line.

Reactions: Plum Street

ARTICLE 4. CATCH OR RECOVERY OF A FREE KICK​

1. If a player of the receiving team catches or recovers the ball, he may advance.
  2. If the ball is declared dead while in the simultaneous possession of two opposing players, the ball is awarded to the receiving team.
  3. A player of the kicking team may legally touch, catch, or recover the ball if:
    1. it first touches a receiving team player; or
    2. it reaches or crosses the receiving team’s restraining line.
You’re right !
I stand corrected

Reactions: kupuna133
Wasn’t it Cincinnati that caught kickoff against us on the fly quite awhile ago or am I suffering from CRS

Reactions: kupuna133
Why would it be a penalty? It’s a live ball and no one called for a fair catch.
He has every right to pick it out of the air as long as no fair catch is given… Henry did not signal for a fair catch. Great play Thomas Amankwaa.

Reactions: Kbee3

C’mon dude, that’s ridiculous. If you didn’t see it live then at least watch the replay. It bounced up and he caught on a dead run.

Too often pure bullshit here turns into false facts.
You don't have to be nasty about it. Up until 5 minutes ago the only replays I had seen were from behind the returner and you could not see the ball bounce. Just saw one from the side and you are correct, it did bounce and then the RU player grabbed it.

Reactions: Shelby65
You don't have to be nasty about it. Up until 5 minutes ago the only replays I had seen were from behind the returner and you could not see the ball bounce. Just saw one from the side and you are correct, it did bounce and then the RU player grabbed it.
Ok, I sensed scorn in your post. If not, apologies. Point is, that late in the game we got a lucky bounce and poor MSU coaching to give us the opportunity to win.

We took advantage with the Monangai beast-mode TD and then ran out 7 minutes so we definitely earned the W. Was only saying luck on that punt had a lot to do with pulling it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT