ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Tournament Thread :

Yes, IMO, he had control, over about 2 min of riding time, kept trying to tilt, got too high, opponent turned him and pinned him.

I don't know who is certified at what weights, but Glasgow seems talented but has been injured for 2 years now, so not sure how reliable he is going to be this year or ever.

I wonder the same too with not more information on Glasgow's injury.I know several guys get hurt with no fault of theirs (nature of the sport). It would be good to have either Scott & Grello drop down, if possible especially if Glasgow is just not serviceable this season. Scott was in control of his last match and could have won it ending up getting pinned.

He had a good tournament.

I wonder the same too with not more information on Glasgow's injury.I know several guys get hurt with no fault of theirs (nature of the sport). It would be good to have either Scott & Grello drop down, if possible especially if Glasgow is just not serviceable this season. Scott was in control of his last match and could have won it ending up getting pinned.

He had a good tournament.

I dont think Scott is certified at 165....Grello is certified at 165. If the coaches were thinking of dropping him down, he most likely would not have gone 174 at Midlands, he would have sat out. By weighing in at Midlands he is not eligible to wrestle 165 for 4 weeks.

Finals :

125 - 1 Spencer Lee, Iowa vs 2 Sebastian Rivera, NW, CBA
133- 2 Austin DeSanto, Iowa vs 4 Noah Gosner, Campbell U
141- 1 Josh Alber , N Iowa vs 2 Max Murrin, Iowa
149- 1 Matt Kolodzik, Princeton vs 3 Max Thomsen, N Iowa
157- 1 Ryan Deakin, NW vs 2 Kaleb Young, Iowa
165- 1 Evan Wick , Wisc vs 2 Alex Marinelli, Iowa
174- 1 Zahid Valenzia, Ariz St vs 2 Taylor Lujan, N Iowa
184- 1 Drew Foster, N Iowa vs 2 Cash Wilke, Iowa
197- 1 Pat Brucki, Princeton vs 2 Tanner Sloan, Unatt.
285- 8 Conan Jennings, NW vs 3 Tanner Hall, Unatt, ASU

I downloaded the FloSports App to my Roku Device.
Trying it out for the finals tonight,
Excited to watch on big screen
I am not sure how it will work because i have no mouse :(

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Which Brands brother was going crazy after the Marinelli / Wicke this time? Lol.

I'm always happy to help people out, especially when they ask to be banned.

Reactions: rondi
Happy for Willie and placed ahead of some ranked guys. Should give him a shot while Grello heals and maybe drop Grello if possible. Not sure if he could get down and certify

So “Mr. Invincible “ Lee goes down. Kid is great and can still take the title this year, but all the chatter that Suriano could never (or anybody for that matter) touch him always bothered me. Lee had the tournament of his life and Suriano lost a decision two weeks after getting out of a hospital bed. Now we know Lee doesn’t wear a cape.

@wngarbarini nobody here is hating on JVB brother. this board loves the kid and his moxie. I think he goes on another run this year, but you can’t deny he’s having a rough start and perhaps people are now on the lookout for his style.

I’m a Grello fan, but he absolutely needs to develop some offense. Willie making a strong case the past several weeks.

Time to move on to the B1G schedule. Some other nice matchups in the second half including a potential Suriano vs Fix at home and Ashnault vs Kolodzak.

Happy New Year guys (and gals)!

And let's just say that the action THIS year occurred at the Midlands.

What's the Southern Scuffle (and the Sand Beach Duals)?

Rivera 7-3 over Lee. Where is the guy that said Lee would be undefeated for 4 years and a 4 time NCAA champ?
Don’t know if I was “The Guy” but I have no problem saying I thought Spencer Lee would run through his last 3 years with no problems.

It is great to have some competition at 125.
I missed the match (I could only get mat 1 on my roku device and got frustrated and turned it off).

Will be an awesome rematch during B10 tourney.
Lee does appear noticeably smaller than his opponents.

Don’t know if I was “The Guy” but I have no problem saying I thought Spencer Lee would run through his last 3 years with no problems.
At least you likely weren't the guy over on the Sqwawkeye forum who said that Lee would never lose in his collegiate career, after he won the fairly lightly competitive UNI Open last year. It took only a week or two before those words were eaten. :boxing:

Rivera 7-3 over Lee. Where is the guy that said Lee would be undefeated for 4 years and a 4 time NCAA champ?
He may still be a 4 time champ! Cael Sanderson is the only one to never lose a collegiate match and win 4 NCAA titles!

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some administrative reprimand against Brands for this, but, then again, I was shocked that there was no such reprimand against Terry Brands last year when he was heckling Lewis from Rutgers.

He’s becoming a parody of himself. That display was straight out embarrassing. Like I said on that other board, all that was missing was WWE theme music and an entrance from Vince McMahon on a mic.

Jersey Boys
Yes JVB has not opened up the season like he wants and has been disappointed himself. I still have confidence in him to turn it around and I will continue being in his ear that he has the goods to turn it around.

Reactions: rondi and Leonard23
Jersey Boys
Yes JVB has not opened up the season like he wants and has been disappointed himself. I still have confidence in him to turn it around and I will continue being in his ear that he has the goods to turn it around.

I know his best wrestling has yet to come. Don’t forget he got handled by Monday of UNC at home only to own him at Nationals. His funk lends itself to crazy swings.

Reactions: Leonard23
Lee lost year at midlands. He’s not invincible but I still think he wins 4 titles

I know his best wrestling has yet to come. Don’t forget he got handled by Monday of UNC at home only to own him at Nationals. His funk lends itself to crazy swings.
He wrestled a lot better then results showed ..he was dominating that one kid til he got in on a td and lost balance and sent to a 6 point move ...give him some time ..he will be back

Reactions: Jersey Boys
He wrestled a lot better then results showed ..he was dominating that one kid til he got in on a td and lost balance and sent to a 6 point move ...give him some time ..he will be back
What was the score before the 6 point move?

I would give him up to the tourney to get back and maybe this is an untrue statement so no need to pick it apart BUT how does the majority (not all) of AA's and fringe AA's not regress as much as JVB has. Yes he has a funk style that either is scoring a ton or getting beat by random unranked guys. Seems as though outside of AA or NS our guys take the summer and leisurely work at it and it takes them 6 months to come back. MVB seems to have gone backwards along with some others.

I would give him up to the tourney to get back and maybe this is an untrue statement so no need to pick it apart BUT how does the majority (not all) of AA's and fringe AA's not regress as much as JVB has. Yes he has a funk style that either is scoring a ton or getting beat by random unranked guys. Seems as though outside of AA or NS our guys take the summer and leisurely work at it and it takes them 6 months to come back. MVB seems to have gone backwards along with some others.
Shattered confidence is my guess ..MVB just sucking too much weight and lost his strength ....ghost of last years blood round might still be haunting JVB ...it’s still January ..they might still both come around ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT