ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA president blames Covid for so many players transferring????

And we thought no one could make the NCAA look dumber than Mark Emmert managed to. 🤣

Oh. MY. GOD!!! I just realized it's probably Putin's fault!
Nah, Blame the Deceleration of Independence
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Last edited:
Surprised it wasn’t climate change or Trump! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Well... if I were a betting man, I'd bet that climate change will eventually have some impact on where people choose to go to college. I wouldn't want to put a fixed date on it, though. Not for decades.

I'm personally hoping for a very warm winter here in NJ this year with zero snow, and temps rarely dipping below the mid-40s during the daytime.

Well... if I were a betting man, I'd bet that climate change will eventually have some impact on where people choose to go to college. I wouldn't want to put a fixed date on it, though. Not for decades.

I'm personally hoping for a very warm winter here in NJ this year with zero snow, and temps rarely dipping below the mid-40s during the daytime.
Didn't you already get that wish?

Reactions: Morrischiano
This isn’t as crazy as it sounds. My niece is a going to be junior. Her entire recruitment was done via zoom. Coaches never saw her play live. She never saw a campus when kid were in session. No official visits. No come check out our game atmosphere or watch a football game. She had a full Ride and didn’t last one year. School was nothing like she envisioned

Well as someone who has dealt in the recruiting world covid completely changed a lot. Extra years of eligibility made it the wild west. It meant kids were going to play later, and then decided to transfer.

It is not the only factor, NIL is a big piece, but covid absolutely has influenced this.

I'm confused, this sounds a lot like politics to me. 😎

I'm confused, this sounds a lot like you're asking to be banned from the board versus banned from the thread where you insisted on injecting politics.
owuoCjg.gif

Well as someone who has dealt in the recruiting world covid completely changed a lot. Extra years of eligibility made it the wild west. It meant kids were going to play later, and then decided to transfer.

It is not the only factor, NIL is a big piece, but covid absolutely has influenced this.
How many years do you think it will take for the log jam to clear out?

The covid extra years are running out. When that ability is exhausted that will clear a lot out. We did see a lot of high school kids PG or reclass but not enough to create any major issue.

I still think we'll see the ripples from it for at least 2 years before it all settles down. This has greatly effected all sports at the collegiate level. It even effected high school sports. NJ granted extra spring seasons to 2021 and 2022 graduates.

The covid extra years are running out. When that ability is exhausted that will clear a lot out. We did see a lot of high school kids PG or reclass but not enough to create any major issue.

I still think we'll see the ripples from it for at least 2 years before it all settles down. This has greatly effected all sports at the collegiate level. It even effected high school sports. NJ granted extra spring seasons to 2021 and 2022 graduates.
Talking to a couple parents at Shore Conference baseball games,several schools used that rule as long as they were enrolled at local Community colleges like Brookdale and Ocean Community Colleges.So they would take college classes, come back to HS practice and take the place of kids that could have played Varsity these past 2 years. Those kids I'm guessing won't have an extended chance to play, so they lost out twice I think.

Talking to a couple parents at Shore Conference baseball games,several schools used that rule as long as they were enrolled at local Community colleges like Brookdale and Ocean Community Colleges.So they would take college classes, come back to HS practice and take the place of kids that could have played Varsity these past 2 years. Those kids I'm guessing won't have an extended chance to play, so they lost out twice I think.
I had two lacrosse players do it this year. Both received good money to continue their lacrosse careers in college because of it. For both sports I coach I've never had so many college coaches asking kids to reclassify, that is a direct connection with the transfer portal. Schools are taking significantly smaller recruiting classes because they are bringing in transfers instead.

When somebody is treated as special there is always somebody else getting the short end. That's how the real world actually works.

When somebody is treated as special there is always somebody else getting the short end. That's how the real world actually works.
Totally get that.Sad part is the underclassman also missed out on Covid cancelled seasons, then missed out on moving up to play varsity by the kids that were awarded extra eligibility. There really was no easy answer.

Totally get that.Sad part is the underclassman also missed out on Covid cancelled seasons, then missed out on moving up to play varsity by the kids that were awarded extra eligibility. There really was no easy answer.
So pretty much their entire HS sports career was taken from them so that upper classmen could play "make up" seasons. How on earth is that even remotely fair. They got screwed twice by the morons in charge.

The cure is even worse than the ill. No pun intended.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
This isn’t as crazy as it sounds. My niece is a going to be junior. Her entire recruitment was done via zoom. Coaches never saw her play live. She never saw a campus when kid were in session. No official visits. No come check out our game atmosphere or watch a football game. She had a full Ride and didn’t last one year. School was nothing like she envisioned
Agree. It isn't as crazy as folks think it is. Have also seen this play out in jobs and relocations too. It worked for some, but didn't work for others when doing things via video only.

Speaking from my perspective which is girls soccer, to be juniors will be the first class that isn’t hampered. All the covid years will be done before they get to campus

I had two lacrosse players do it this year. Both received good money to continue their lacrosse careers in college because of it. For both sports I coach I've never had so many college coaches asking kids to reclassify, that is a direct connection with the transfer portal. Schools are taking significantly smaller recruiting classes because they are bringing in transfers instead.
I had a big 12 soccer coach tell me she will never recruit a HS player again. She is 100% portal driven going forward

• Angry
I had a big 12 soccer coach tell me she will never recruit a HS player again. She is 100% portal driven going forward
I think this is the next shift in separating haves and have nots in college sports. The haves will look to recruit some HS elites but use the transfer portal against the have nots making the have nots essentially farm systems for the haves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT