ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Friday Discussion Thread

B1G bball reminds me of lumbering old Big 8 football. Nebraska and OU running an outdated offense that got greased by speed in bowl games. Once the conference adapted in the 90's, Nebraska won two titles with speed. B1G really needs to change the style it plays.
"Lumbering football"? Have you been reading Greg Schiano's game plans?

Purdue won the league championship which should be a indicator to fans of how much the talent dropped from last season.The 3 point shooting was horrendous this season.

Exactly. RU showed everyone how to beat Purdue. Take out Edey and let them shoot three's. FDU executed tonight, that's why they won. Purdue has been a bad shooting team all year.

These guys saying Purdue was overrated crack me up. They won the regular season and the Big10 tourney.

RU fans need to accept the fact that the BIG10 is slow and overrated.

Purdue won the league championship which should be a indicator to fans of how much the talent dropped from last season.The 3 point shooting was horrendous this season.
The big ten is usually very bad but this year was just horrific. The fact we went 10-10 with that roster is laughable

The big ten is usually very bad but this year was just horrific. The fact we went 10-10 with that roster is laughable
Virginia won the ACC and lost to Furman
Purdue won the B1G and lost to FDU
Zona won the Pac12 tournament and lost to Princeton.
Yes, the B1G is not great and frankly it is a slow conference.
But take a look around, it’s the Big 12, SEC, and everyone else. The B1G is still a deep league when it comes to competitiveness.
Penn State came in 10th!! What does that say?
You can’t say the league was horrific because of Purdue and then also talk about how great the 10th place team is. They’re completely contradictory claims.
However, I will say the B1G was horrific at the top of the conference. It had a very weak top 4 relative to everyone else. We’ll totally agree on that. I think that’s why we saw a lot of teams hover around 10 or 11 wins. But when it comes to the bottom of the conference, Minnesota and I guess OSU were the only putrid teams. Most conferences have a fatter bottom than that. The bottom of the Pac12 and ACC are ugly

Virginia won the ACC and lost to Furman
Purdue won the B1G and lost to FDU
Zona won the Pac12 tournament and lost to Princeton.
Yes, the B1G is not great and frankly it is a slow conference.
But take a look around, it’s the Big 12, SEC, and everyone else. The B1G is still a deep league when it comes to competitiveness.
Penn State came in 10th!! What does that say?
You can’t say the league was horrific because of Purdue and then also talk about how great the 10th place team is. They’re completely contradictory claims.
However, I will say the B1G was horrific at the top of the conference. It had a very weak top 4 relative to everyone else. We’ll totally agree on that. I think that’s why we saw a lot of teams hover around 10 or 11 wins. But when it comes to the bottom of the conference, Minnesota and I guess OSU were the only putrid teams. Most conferences have a fatter bottom than that. The bottom of the Pac12 and ACC are ugly
Big ten hasnt won a title in 23 years. The big ten is garbage. Time for coach to stop pretending its even a decent league and build for march.

If I have to hear a presser start one more time with, “wanna thank the fans, band, cheer team, dance team, riot squad. Tough one, best league in the country.” Ill throw my ****ing phone through the tv

5 of the final 32 teams are from the Big 10. BIG is not the best conference. But its nowhere near as bad as the clowns in this thread are making it out to be. Purdue choked. They easily should have been a sweet 16 team....I've seen them play 1000 times better then last night..

Don't care much about our "fellow" B1G programs in the NCAAs or elsewhere for that matter. If they treated us better in terms of proper revenue-sharing as a new conference member, I'd likely feel otherwise. We gave them the NYC-metro market and $$$; they gave us a seat at the children's table for a decade. Very thoughtful of them. And we're supposed to feel part of the "family"? Right ....

Reactions: RUScrew85
No arguments there, Purdue got figured out. But not every tournament loss needs to be an indictment of the conference as a whole. Crazy shit happens in March, hence the name.

People on here are somehow finding a way to even make a 16 over 1 upset annoying.
Have you not watched the Tourney over the last 5 yrs. It's not 1 game, it's the full body of work. The B1G game plan sucks and does not translate to the tourney. B1G sux

5 of the final 32 teams are from the Big 10. BIG is not the best conference. But its nowhere near as bad as the clowns in this thread are making it out to be. Purdue choked. They easily should have been a sweet 16 team....I've seen them play 1000 times better then last night..
1st round patsies are you kidding me. MD almost lost to WV. The only team I think that can beat the odds is PSU. You dont have a go to guy that can carry you in the in the tourney its altavista. You need someone that can make that BIG shot when needed
B1G loses 3 or 4 more 2nd round.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT