ADVERTISEMENT

New Women's Swimming Head Coach

RUseaweed

All Conference
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2007
Herndon, VA via Hillsborough, NJ
From Bowling Green. Finished 3rd in the MAC for 3 straight seasons.

Anyone know something about her that isn't in the article? She has ties to Maryland, any idea if she'll be a good recruiter? She should be able to bring in better talent with more resources behind her than at Bowling Green right?

Article

IMO, now that we are in the B1G Men's Swimming is the first sport I would like to see restored.

Reactions: mikefla
IMO, now that we are in the B1G Men's Swimming is the first sport I would like to see restored.
I agree. A womans team only is NOT a swim team to me. I swam in college(actually swam with Ryan Lochtes dad Steve Lochte)...went to nationals 2x.......swimming is a great college sport to me.

That said Michigan is a super power....not sure how well RUs men would have done even in their best years....

I love watching swimming in the Olympics. Heck , I still remember Don Schollander in the 64 and 68 Olympics (68 Olympics my favorite, Bob Beamon's crazy long jump, George Foreman knocking someone out for the Gold and waving a little American Flag after our sprinters Tommie Smith and Carlos Lee did the black power salute on the podium), that said Schollander became a house hold name, and was on cover of Life. He went to Yale I think , then years later Mark Spitz became a hero, and later on of course, Michael Phelps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT