ADVERTISEMENT

Next years Roster

Roster needs/wishes

- Definitely need a backup PG from the portal; preferably experienced with scoring ability OR a starting caliber PG that could allow Kiyomi to play some SG and ease into the driver's seat (PG role).

- If we can get a good rim protecting 6'5"+ center, then I would take Mya out and shift Sidibe, Adams, and Cornwell one place to the left. Maybe you keep Mya in starting lineup for perimeter shooting and bring Sidibe off the bench. That probably would depend on the matchup. Sidibe's defense might win out some games.

- If we get an elite wing player with versatility to play 2 guard, sm forward, or pwr forward, then ....... again, it's Awa, Mya, and maybe Chyna who would possibly come off the bench.

Raouls table has the disclaimer that he does not routinely add in players with a Covid year left or injured players until camp begins
Until we hear something from Awa or Chyna, they are still with us. That's all we can go on.

Oh, ......

Between Mya and Lisa, that spot should be highly contested, IMO. Skill level, they are about even, with Lisa maybe having a bit of an edge in terms of being able to create off the dribble. I just might look to protect Lisa from wearing down like she did this year. Let her come in off the bench and play freely. Our microwave, instant offense.

Same type of thing with Antonia and Zachara. Both competing for the minutes as backup on the wing, pwr forward, and possibly center, if we don't get one out of the portal.

No comments/thoughts on the depth chart I posted a few days ago in this thread?? No suggestions to fill open slots?? No suggested adjustments to the starting lineup??

posted Tues.

To this year

RUWBB 2024-25 Depth Chart

PGSGWPFC
K. Mc MillerM. PetticordA. SidibeD. AdamsC. Cornwell
?L. Thompson??A. Bates???
A. BatesA. SidibeZ. PerkinsZ.PerkinsD. Adams
K. BrandtA. BatesA. Sidibe

starters in bold
? - opening for PG/CG
?? - opening for elite wing
??? - opening for 6'5 ish, skilled post

Last edited:
Until we hear something from Awa or Chyna, they are still with us. That's all we can go on.
This is from an article 7 days ago in the Hickory Record:

“This season, Cornwell averaged 7.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. She is a health administration major and plans to take advantage of the NCAA’s COVID eligibility extension to return next year. She is considering using her extra year of eligibility to work towards earning a master’s degree.”

So she will be returning afterall, thankfully. She is good.

Last edited:
No comments/thoughts on the depth chart I posted a few days ago in this thread?? No suggestions to fill open slots?? No suggested adjustments to the starting lineup??

posted Tues.

To this year

RUWBB 2023-24 Depth Chart

PGSGWPFC
K. Mc MillerM. PetticordA. SidibeD. AdamsC. Cornwell
A. BatesA. SidibeZ. PerkinsZ.PerkinsD. Adams
K. BrandtA. BatesA. Sidibe

starters in bold
? - opening for PG/CG
Bates was second in the total number of minutes played on the season. I know there are some injury reasons for this; however, I do feel that Toni will be further up on the depth chart. I'm not sure if she will start, but if not, I think she is the sixth man if this is our team.

Bates was second in the total number of minutes played on the season. I know there are some injury reasons for this; however, I do feel that Toni will be further up on the depth chart. I'm not sure if she will start, but if not, I think she is the sixth man if this is our team.
I'm thinking along the same lines. According to the chart, with the roster as is, she is our back-up PG and possibly a back-up for pwr fwd spot. Depending on how practice goes, it's between her and Zachara for back-up at the wing position. Her versatility should put her on the floor as 1st or 2nd off the bench.

Unless she really improves her strength, 3pt consistency, and ability to drive into the paint and finish, she can't be a starter. I'm rooting for her to put in the work because she has so much potential with her height, length, and court vision (passing ability). I'm excited to see her, Lisa, Destiny, and Chyna take the next steps in their development.

A stronger version of Lisa with tighter ball-handling skills,..... same for Mya, ...... Destiny with her footwork down, the midrange and 3pt shot refined (she'll be a WNBA candidate if she does those things), and Chyna adding a midrange shot and better court awareness for kick outs...... These are the things that I can't wait to see this coming season.

FWIW…my daughter and I attended the autograph session at the end of the final game and we flat out asked Awa if she is returning next year and she said yes.

Reactions: Rocky72
RUWBB 2024-25 Depth Chart
PGSGWPFC
K. Mc MillerM. PetticordJoJo LaceyD. AdamsC. Cornwell
A. BatesA. SidibeA. SidibeZ.PerkinsD. Adams
K. BrandtZ. PerkinsZ. Perkins
starters in bold
? - opening for experienced PG

- JoJo may be the answer to filling the opening for elite wing. Her versatility allows her to play guard/wing/stretch fwd. Very excited to see this next piece of the puzzle added. Hopefully, it's the one that gets this thing to take off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT