ADVERTISEMENT

NIL commercials for our guys

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
ive seen Iowa hoops players doing commercials for either furniture or matresses...now UConn players doing skin care cream

Pretty sure that’s what it is, technically at least. In many cases I suspect the “doing something” is nominal though.
But that "doing something" is really getting the bag and just showing up for games. There is no exchange of services for name, image, or likeness.

But that "doing something" is really getting the bag and just showing up for games. There is no exchange of services for name, image, or likeness.
Again, I think there technically does have to be. The players are probably going to some event or something along those lines.

Again, I think there technically does have to be. The players are probably going to some event or something along those lines.
The Crimson collective gave every scholarship players of U of Utah a Dodge Ram. They had to be an influencer for a nonprofit group to earn the vehicle. Talk about a stretch of the rules. The coach said it was all about staying competitive for recruiting. That was not the intent of the NIL

https://www.fox13now.com/sports/utah-football-players-to-receive-free-pickup-trucks-in-nil-deal

I see Danny Devito standing in line behind Ace & Dylan (just the visual is funny) as they are reviewing the menu and he says "Have you guys ever been to Jersey Mikes before?" They both look at him, smile nd wink... "As a matter of fact, we have..."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT