ADVERTISEMENT

NJ State Wrestling Tournament results

A great example of how tough NJ is as a wrestling state - Mickey O'Malley of Hasbrouck Heights (152) has 5 losses the past 2 years. He is a junior and is ranked #18 in the country by Intermat.

In 2016, he was undefeated as a sophomore until he lost in the state finals to Mekhi Lewis(#8 in country at 160 this year) in OT after a controversial stall call.

This year, he has 4 losses. He lost in the BCCA finals to Kyle Cochran(#5 in country at 160) in OT.

His other 3 losses are to Shane Griffith of Bergen Catholic(#7 in country) - District final, Regional final and state semis in UTB. He will be wrestling for 3rd today, but he has been dominant against everyone except for the guys above.

Griffith vs. Glasgow should be a hell of a final.

So looks like we ended up:

2017-
Janzer 1st 170
Glasgow 1st 152
Cleary 3rd 138
Metzler 7th 125

2018-
Robinson 138 Prep National Champ

Anyone let me know if that looks right. Metzler had a rough finish but otherwise looks like a great season. Would love to flip M. Lewis, but not sure if that can happen with the coaching changes at Va Tech.

Reactions: elvis7

2017-
Janzer 1st 170
Glasgow 1st 152
Cleary 3rd 138
Metzler 7th 125

2018-

Anyone let me know if that looks right. Metzler had a rough finish but otherwise looks like a great season. Would love to flip M. Lewis, but not sure if that can happen with the coaching changes at Va Tech.

I believe Janzer is 2018

Interesting note. Cleary beat Kingsway's Trace Kinner (who was 4th) twice in states. One of Cleary's losses this year was to 132 pound champ Quinn Kinner.

2017-
Janzer 1st 170
Glasgow 1st 152
Cleary 3rd 138
Metzler 7th 125

2018-

I would think that the coaching changes at VT would help us , if Lewis was interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
RU needs more top 20 guys. Don't know where the Glory is going but he would be exactly what RU needs at 125-133.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT