ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

Why at 7:00pm? It is going to be pretty darn cold at night this week. With most people off why not an afternoon start?

Why at 7:00pm? It is going to be pretty darn cold at night this week. With most people off why not an afternoon start?
Television
Michigan and Florida St will probably be a bigger draw viewer wise. So they play at 2
Since you cannot entirely eliminate overtime’s and/ or shootouts some time is needed between games

Television
Michigan and Florida St will probably be a bigger draw viewer wise. So they play at 2
Since you cannot entirely eliminate overtime’s and/ or shootouts some time is needed between games

Unless these are televised nationally, not sure why all games couldn’t be at the same time in the afternoon. Playing in the 40s at 7pm is not ideal but maybe an advantage for RU over Arkansas.

Reactions: Steve91562
Unless these are televised nationally, not sure why all games couldn’t be at the same time in the afternoon. Playing in the 40s at 7pm is not ideal but maybe an advantage for RU over Arkansas.
It's going to be in the 30s during the game. High of 47 during the height of the day, but once that sun goes down...

The Duke-Santa Clara game is at 6 so there is overlap on 2 quarterfinal games so national TV is not the reason for the 7pm start.

Does anybody know if and where the game will be televised? BTN and BTN+ do not show it on their schedules, nor do any of the ESPN channels.

Yeah, it's a shame because we were going to take our girls (8 and younger) if it was earlier in the day but there is no chance they will want to sit outside in the freezing cold for the game. They enjoyed the few games we went to earlier in the season but they will be miserable on Friday night.

Yeah, it's a shame because we were going to take our girls (8 and younger) if it was earlier in the day but there is no chance they will want to sit outside in the freezing cold for the game. They enjoyed the few games we went to earlier in the season but they will be miserable on Friday night.

And besides cold, it may be raining which will dampen the fan turnout. This is just a terrible decision by RU and/or the NCAA to schedule at night in the Northeast. I cannot imagine playing soccer in the wind and rain with temps in the 30s.

Reactions: MS-RU
And besides cold, it may be raining which will dampen the fan turnout. This is just a terrible decision by RU and/or the NCAA to schedule at night in the Northeast. I cannot imagine playing soccer in the wind and rain with temps in the 30s.
Rain supposed to be early in the day so that is not the issue but cold with windchills I am sure will be in the twenties as it is always extra windy at the field

Reactions: MS-RU
No television listed yet; I would think at worst it would be BigTen+ as the FSU game is listed on the ACC network app

Television
The games are only streamed so I don’t think that’s a consideration not to mention they are playing in Tallahassee so the temperature is not an issue

13 mph winds at game time. I hated playing games with winds like that. As a coach, I normally took the better weather conditions in the second half. Except for when there were strong winds - then I’d take the wind at my team’s back in the first half. It’s like having a 12th player plus playing downhill. Wait till the second half and it could be too late.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Watching the 2nd half of UM vs FSU. FSU dominating possession and field of play. FSU more skilled, UM more physical and seem in a bit better shape. Very impressed with FSU as I think UM has been playing as well as anyone in the country since the BIG tourney.

13 mph winds at game time. I hated playing games with winds like that. As a coach, I normally took the better weather conditions in the second half. Except for when there were strong winds - then I’d take the wind at my team’s back in the first half. It’s like having a 12th player plus playing downhill. Wait till the second half and it could be too late.
I was wondering about the wind. We're getting 35+mph gusts along the coast

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT