ADVERTISEMENT

Not keeping NIL Promises: (Update: Debunked by Danny)

cyrock3

All American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Now I know posting things from other boards isn’t generally ok, but the Indiana board over on 247 has writers suggesting that @RUJON and @snowboarder aren’t keeping to existing promises. If staff over on other boards is taking to this kind of attack on guys at Rutgers, well I think chucking out those rules about not posting premium is fine.

Is this “irresponsible” journalism?

Reactions: William J. Leggett
IMG_8650.png

Man… this world where other NIL collectives can just attack and gossip on our collectives like KTR just makes NIL seem worse and worse.

Sure we might not have all the money in the world, but making these kinds of insinuations is a bold claim.

This killed me in NCAA Football 2014.
I made all the promises during recruiting and broke them all.
Would promise 2 different QBs a starting role (maybe even 3).
Whatever it took to get them in the door - and then they would transfer out haha.

I'm not sure how impactful these claims are.
Are Rutgers recruits really cruising along Indiana message boards?

If this is actually true, then it'll get back to recruits from the actual players (and their NIL reps) being shorted of $$.
If it's just message board BS, doubt it gets far at all.

It's really no different that any other claims of "negative" recruiting from fans that has been happening forever (see Syracuse fans about HC Schiano).

Who was promising these guys anything? Who thought we had the NIL coffers to do that? KTR? Pikiell?

Indiana has to do that. What with the striped pants and the fact that they are in Indiana. 😂

Now I know posting things from other boards isn’t generally ok, but the Indiana board over on 247 has writers suggesting that @RUJON and @snowboarder aren’t keeping to existing promises. If staff over on other boards is taking to this kind of attack on guys at Rutgers, well I think chucking out those rules about not posting premium is fine.

Is this “irresponsible” journalism?
I’m sure we’d have heard that here first. No evidence. Who didn’t get what was promised? Spencer just wanted more money by all accounts. This is fandom trying to wreck Rutgers rise.

Reactions: Scarlet83
The guy runs an NIL collective called Hoosier Hysterics. He’s trying to make a push for players like Dylan. Calling him “staff” like he’s a journalist is pretty rich.

They accomplished their job. They got a sucker to post their BS here and are laughing their asses off.
Doesn’t matter what’s posted here.

Is the better solution not posting it and letting the Indiana collectives post their info without us being any wiser as to what they are doing/saying?

You tell me. Why do you think the Indiana collectives would want their BS to be exposed publicly?

Last edited:
Reactions: William J. Leggett

Idiots. Are the collective board members supposed to spend their own money? Of course there's operating expenses.

I'm not one to go to other websites to troll, but if we get Dylan, I will gladly run over to all of the Clown Pants boards and rub it in.

When websites don't have sources or anything relevant to talk about, the new wave or boogeyman, is to talk NIL.

No matter how many different sites I can read, across all conferences, it's a topic with no bottom of the barrel.....if someone was making a haircut on every dollar contributed, you'd better believe they're going to say "the sky is falling"......it keeps the train moving and contributions going, with no real way to know, if the contribution is hitting its direct topic.

What's even more fascinating, are people acting as if not supporting one collective, means that no other money is being contributed elsewhere.

A) maybe the one collective hasn't done a good enough job, educating the consumer on the product.

B) maybe the people who have established the initiative, don't have a way of communicating to all types of donors. People aren't going to work with people, who behind the scenes, insult others or belittle them for choosing to contribute elsewhere.

There are multiple ways to contribute beyond the one collective. And it becomes tiresome to read the complaining about "we aren't getting contributions".....well maybe, they haven't earned the trust of others.....maybe they don't have the ear or have not worked well with the primary donors. Convincing people with multiple millions of dollars to turn over money to people they don't know, is highly unlikely to happen....they'll just contribute or work directly with an AD or an assistant AD to feel more comfortable doing so.

IMG_8655.png
Looks like the Dookies are saying the same thing.

Gonna assume this is largely bs and take the painful hit if it’s not from the resident board trolls.

Story has legs at this time though. Figure we’ll hear something if the unthinkable happens.

If true is anyone willing to join NILto keep Ace and Dylan? You guys hate Indiana? But like to keep your money more? You all actually can help the cause instead of relying on others or shitting on it on “principle “.

Reactions: tm_nj
I’m hearing from everyone nationally that has watched college basketball for the past 20 years that Indiana basketball is selling themselves as a blue blood and they’re falling short. Also hearing that if Indiana can’t beat Rutgers more than twice in 10 games that fans may continue to call for coaches to be fired and Barstool’s Indiana account will continue to mock its players on social media.

“First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.”

-Uknown

I, for one, am honored to be hated by Duke. Indiana hasn’t been what they think they are in a long time. They’re just bitterly pretending they’re still a powerhouse, no different than Al Bundy’s 4 touchdowns in one game (apologies to Al for the put down).

I'm guessing there are contracts involved in all of this? Lol yeah.... this is definitely a new market.....when the rules aren't defined and the majority of people aren't in the know, those in the know will try to take advantage of those lacking knowledge....I'm not sure if this is true or not but this seems like psyops by the opposition to bring the price of an asset down....start a rumor that Rutgers is writing bad checks....If these deals are contractual, then what these message board gurus say is irrelevant.

This is why I don't understand the love for other schools. Most (and their fans) are out to knock you down a peg or two when you have the upperhand. F'em and keep it moving. Continue to promote the truth because liars never quit. There is no evidence Rutgers can't deliver, but expect more haters to join the ranks. We have something they want and it's blowing their minds. This might be the one time you visit other sites to set the record straight. It's may be the only way to combat perception.

D*cks will always be d*cks. The only way to correct the problem is clip them at the nuts. Call out the liars with facts and turn the focus onto the liars' track record. That usually strikes a nerve. It likely will cause the hater to tell on themselves. Just hammer away no stop.

I assure you that there is not a single person at the "national" level that knows anything about the Rutgers NIL collective, beyond what @RUJON has told local media.

On the record: ZERO promises have been broken by KTR. Every deal is papered, so that the athletes and donors alike are protected.

This is the new negative recruiting. Block out the noise.

The important thing is for it not to be true
If we were reneging on money, we have to fix it, pronto, or it will damage our recruiting

Reactions: cyrock3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT