ADVERTISEMENT

Not keeping NIL Promises: (Update: Debunked by Danny)

I assure you that there is not a single person at the "national" level that knows anything about the Rutgers NIL collective, beyond what @RUJON has told local media.

On the record: ZERO promises have been broken by KTR. Every deal is papered, so that the athletes and donors alike are protected.

This is the new negative recruiting. Block out the noise.
I can confirm that this is the case from a very good source

@Greene Rice FIG Not sure what you're getting at here? We have monthly memberships and churn assumptions... plus one-time contributions. The collective manages those funds through an All Sports bucket that the executive committee oversees and sport-specific buckets administered by the programs (as Jon noted in this weekend's article). As for the future, we'd love to increase membership at both the individual recurring and corporate levels.

If true is anyone willing to join NILto keep Ace and Dylan? You guys hate Indiana? But like to keep your money more? You all actually can help the cause instead of relying on others or shitting on it on “principle “.
A word of advice, don't ever become a salesman or try to sell anything in your life. Because you fvcking suck at it.

It’s like this: a national media dude who doesn’t follow Rutgers closely sees Ndongo and Warren decommit. Not knowing much about the situation, they speculate, it’s lack of NIL. Local Indiana pseudo-fan reporter with an agenda hears that and turns it into the commentary that we’ve seen. Know your source.

Who do you believe more? The people in the collective or some online yahoo from Indiana or Duke?

Of course I believe the collective more.

By saying we shouldn’t keep our heads buried in the sand - I’m saying we shouldn’t be letting these yahoos at other schools who do NIL deals with recruits set the tone for how recruits view us. It’s another avenue of negative recruiting that needs to be curbed.

Of course I believe the collective more.

By saying we shouldn’t keep our heads buried in the sand - I’m saying we shouldn’t be letting these yahoos at other schools who do NIL deals with recruits set the tone for how recruits view us. It’s another avenue of negative recruiting that needs to be curbed.
gotcha

Reactions: cyrock3
@Greene Rice FIG Not sure what you're getting at here? We have monthly memberships and churn assumptions... plus one-time contributions. The collective manages those funds through an All Sports bucket that the executive committee oversees and sport-specific buckets administered by the programs (as Jon noted in this weekend's article). As for the future, we'd love to increase membership at both the individual recurring and corporate levels.
My only question/issue (if I’m incorrect please correct me) why is KTR trying to get deals with as many ru athletes as possible instead of focusing on those that move the needle.

I’d rather have kept Cam spencer than make sure a women’s crew team member gets a deal. (Obviously exaggerating here)

My only question/issue (if I’m incorrect please correct me) why is KTR trying to get deals with as many ru athletes as possible instead of focusing on those that move the needle.

I’d rather have kept Cam spencer than make sure a women’s crew team member gets a deal. (Obviously exaggerating here)
My assumption has always been that they felt the only way to not have the anti-sports Rutgers contingent (faculty, media, politicians, special interest groups, Rutgers 1000-types) completely attack NIL efforts from the start was to make sure women got some of the money right away.

It's the Julie Hermann-hiring philosophy applied to the distribution of severely limited funds. If I'm correct, I can't say I blame them.

It's a fair question, @RepeatedCrown6. First of all, let me assure you that having money available for equity in deals by sport / gender does not change the absolute value amount that a Cam Spencer type requires. It would not have changed the math. We believe that getting every sport involved is very important, however, the lion's share of money will go to FB & MBB as @RUJON laid out in his NJ.com quotes. That may be true of the amount of money, but we believe it's important that we continue to do deals with all sports.

Yes, but the thread and your first several posts screaming how much RU sucks at NIL in gargantuan font are simply giving these anti-RU yahoos a platform on this board.

Can you point out explicitly where I said RU sucks at NIL?

And where did I use gargantuan font?

Reactions: ru66
Can you point out explicitly where I said RU sucks at NIL?

And where did I use gargantuan font?
You didn't explicitly say anything, but you pasted Twitter screen shots with huge fonts filled with crap from message boards saying RU sucks at NIL. Effectively the same thing.

• Angry
Reactions: cyrock3

This is the age old question about ADs and asset allocation.

AD claims they can't fire a failing football/basketball HC because of $$$ but then spends on other "non revenue" sports.

Same now with NIL.
Every $ going towards a non-revenue sport is one less $ going towards football/basketball.

Maybe if TOS didn't feel the need to post bs NIL threads, incessantly, these type of things wouldn't happen? I'm one of many currently NOT happy with what's been going on over there, for about a 6 weeks now, and can definitely see this being the basis for this dudes tweets.

Maybe if TOS didn't feel the need to post bs NIL threads, incessantly, these type of things wouldn't happen? I'm one of many currently NOT happy with what's been going on over there, for about a 6 weeks now, and can definitely see this being the basis for this dudes tweets.
Yeah, especially considering how Indiana fans are all over twitter repeating it. Even if it's false it's a bad look for the program.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Small Rutgers NIL tidbit. Hearsay, but kind of surprising if true, from a writeup on B1G Football titled "Big Ten Recruiting Confidential: NIL, hardest-working coaches, impressive assistants" Behind a paywall, but this is all that is there. This is from a high school head football coach in Pennsylvania. :.

"Rutgers supposedly has a lot of NIL money, a ton. …"

Hopefully any of the sensible posters still over there cancel their memberships and focus on this board. If they are already here great then why waste the time and money for BS? Save the money and donate to NIL.

I actually quit that board complete and added the money I save from it to my NIL contribution. Money better spent.

Last edited:
Now I know posting things from other boards isn’t generally ok, but the Indiana board over on 247 has writers suggesting that @RUJON and @snowboarder aren’t keeping to existing promises. If staff over on other boards is taking to this kind of attack on guys at Rutgers, well I think chucking out those rules about not posting premium is fine.

Is this “irresponsible” journalism?
Im not sure if @snowboarder is supposed to be me but I have yet to make an NIL promise so it would be impossible for me to break one.

TOS is just repeating what Jon, Pike and Schiano are saying.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Care to share? I never visit and if they're trying to actively harm RU we can't have it.
It’s not as bad as he’s insinuating. He’s just being very passive aggressive not sure why.

Care to share? I never visit and if they're trying to actively harm RU we can't have it.
Nothing going on over there. They are just reporting what Jon, Pike, and Schiano are telling them about NIL. Which is we need to step it up. They are also saying Hobbs needs to do more. Which I think everything agrees with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT