ADVERTISEMENT

oldman87 update

dmd78

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2001
Ramsey, NJ
oldman: We don't see any posts from you since January 7, and we hope that all is well. If you see this post but for some reason cannot reply, please send me an email (click on my name below).

This post was edited on 2/4 5:29 PM by dmd78

Re: oldman87: are you okay?

Diana: Do you have any way of knowing something like a phone number? I am concerned about out old people.

Originally posted by Cyn38:
Diana: Do you have any way of knowing something like a phone number? I am concerned about out old people.
Is he really older or just uses the name for comedic purposes? I was under the assumption it's the later.

Hope he checks in with us soon. He's definitely the funniest poster on all boards.

He is no where near as old as I am. I am talking decades.

Originally posted by ag67:
He is no where near as old as I am. I am talking decades.
No matter what age a poster like oldman is, it's troubling when a regular poster like him stops.
I know he said something about inventory problems needed to be taken care of in a post just before Christmas and was said to have posted in Jan ( don't remember seeing it), but this long without a post makes me wonder if he's alright.

Maybe John O can be asked to shoot oldman an e-mail to ask if he's OK and let him know SN members are worried about him.
But asking John O to do that might not be something he wants to happen because it might be against the rules to do so or
start a trend of asking him to contact others.

hi all. Thanks for your concern. I have his email address but won't have a chance to email him until tomorrow.

p.s. he's not really old... he explained the genesis of the name awhile back, but I can't recall the details.

He tells it like it is but does not take himself or the games we all obsess about, seriously. Which is what makes him so endearing. We all need to step back at times and realize these are just games and there are way more important things in life.

We have formed a nice community on this board and, whether we agree or disagree on various points, there seems to be a sense of respect and caring for each other, especially evidenced by our concern for our friend Oldman.

Let us all hope he is well, I really enjoy bantering and sharing opinions and observations with him, all in the purpose of supporting the team that we all know and love. I will say a prayer for his health and well-being.

Diana, I hope you can bring us some comforting news, and thanks again for your efforts that keep this group together and in harmony.

We are kinda like a family. A fighting, bickering family but a family.

hi all. I've sent an email to the address we have on record. I hope it reaches him and that all is well.

Hope oldman replies and thanks for reaching out to see if he's OK

Re: oldman87: he's fine :-)

I received a reply from oldman87, and he asked me to report that he is fine; he just needed a bit of a break. :-) We should hear from him again soon.

smile.r191677.gif

Reactions: Turtle31

Originally posted by dmd78:
I received a reply from oldman87, and he asked me to report that he is fine; he just needed a bit of a break. :-) We should hear from him again soon.

smile.r191677.gif
smile.r191677.gif
, indeed.

party0003.r191677.gif

oops forgot:
Thanks Diana for letting us know oldman's alright
This post was edited on 2/4 7:59 PM by MADHAT1

Sorry. Didn't catch my typo. Meant to say OUR, not OUT. Thought he was in my age bracket. Glad to hear he's OK no matter how old he is.

smile.r191677.gif
Good news, thank you Diana!

A four point shot if there ever was one.

Thanks Diana. If Oldman should decide to take a permanent break from this board, where do I apply for the job of board comedian?

good to know. I had asked his whereabouts on the football forum and BAC said you guys were discussing here. Thanks for confirming all is well with mr wit and sarcasm..

Originally posted by knight82:

Thanks Diana. If Oldman should decide to take a permanent break from this board, where do I apply for the job of board comedian?
roll.r191677.gif

Seriously, though, there's nothing that says we're only allowed one board comedian... If being a fan can't be fun, then why bother?

I thought he'd be back last year. I just sent him another email to see how he's doing.
I think he said he'd be back after the business issues he was taking care of were finished.
That was last November if I remember it correctly .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT