ADVERTISEMENT

Only at Rutgers

RU from Jersey

All Conference
Jan 16, 2002
With all the strange games in RU's history this one has to be up there in terms of bizarre. The game started with a nice size crowd but ended in front of only a handful of fans and it was a win.

Its hard to sit in a cold rain - harder if young and light on the BMI.
As a player I would take snow over a cold rain

How is that only at Rutgers?

This post makes no sense.

Same thing happens everywhere. It was a 4th qtr comeback in the rain.
Totally missed the point. This is not a condemnation of the RU fan base, it is the fact that RU has this great win and only a small number of people were still there to witness it. Rutgers luck.

Reactions: superfan01
Concourses were packed. The idea that everybody left is such a false narrative. Politi again. SMH.
What with Politi? The stadium was half full at kickoff and mostly empty by the end. There were a lot of people under cover, but it's not like 20k were hiding under there.

Its hard to sit in a cold rain - harder if young and light on the BMI.

This is very true, especially for kids and teenagers who haven't filled out. We and cold with little or no movement, the bone deep chill sets in.

I never cared about the weather as a player. I absolutely hate coaching in weather like Saturday (and I was stuck coaching at a game and hour and a half away). Being a fan in weather like that is rough.

Give me snow any game over weather like that.

Well from TV view place was near empty.
Where was everyone hiding?
For some, the same place they go during rain at a baseball games. in this case the handful of rows under the overhangs were packed and many were standing behind the seats and watching tvs in the concessions (several thousand at least). It was bad but not as bad as it looked. My main issue was the lack of students from the get go (and not many, except for the always awesome riot squad at the Big Tailgate).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufaninga
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT