ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to see Syracuse and UConn in the Big Ten

At least he has someone.

Come on, al. This was just a really dumb thought.

You want a OOC regular game against some of these guys, fine. Even a rotation wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world either. But a bought game only.

Conference members? Stupid. You’re better than this.

Your lack of sophistication in these matters is disappointing. The SEC is a great conference because of all the rivalries. Florida/Georgia, Florida/Tennessee, Auburn/Alabama, Alabama/Georgia are only a few.

Why shouldn’t Rutgers have a rival as well?

Did Texas A&M say No to Texas because they were afraid they would surpass them when they joined the SEC? Absolutely not.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. You’re entitled to your opinion and I outlined my reasons why, proximity, rivalry, and intensity.

That’s the point. No schools generate as much passion in our fanbase as Syracuse and UConn. They’re roughly on our level.

Would anyone post F Maryland? No.

People post F PSU, but it’s meaningless because they’re way above us.
PSU is way above us? In that case, how come before our next game with them (2025?) you will be posting an upset alert?

Your lack of sophistication in these matters is disappointing. The SEC is a great conference because of all the rivalries. Florida/Georgia, Florida/Tennessee, Auburn/Alabama, Alabama/Georgia are only a few.

Did Texas A&M say No to Texas because they were afraid they would surpass them when they joined the SEC? Absolutely not.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. You’re entitled to your opinion and I outlined my reasons why, proximity, rivalry, and intensity.
Al,
UConn and Syracuse are old rivals that never were wanted and din't have the same type oomph of the rivalries you named.
Even the Hillbilly vs Guido match-up was better likes then any UConn or Syracuse match-up with RU , even if WV came out on the winning side more often than not.
Both Syracuse and UConn might be better as OOC opponents, UConn as a cupcake taking the place of cupcakes like Wagner and 2-1 material .
Syracuse could be a 2 for one type , with 2 games at Rutgers Stadium , one at the frozen tundra and the fruits other home game would be at the MetLife with Syracuse paying all expenses to rent it.
Instead of a set visitors fee, Rutgers could take 50% of the gate and 40% media rights fees .
Syracuse won't be a P-4 school much longer and shouldn't be treated like one

Rutgers should try to push rivalries to be considered by the RU fanbase and UCLA because of RU being close to NYC and making a NYC vs LA feeling towards the games between them.
The same consideration could be made about playing Northwestern , Chi vs NYC .
Of course
But neither rivalry should be pushed, just have school officials imply the game is a fight against the NYC /NJ vs Chi-Town or La-La-Land and hope it catches on.

Penn State is the rival most RU fans want , but until RU plays competitively against them and thought to have a good chance to beat the Nits most years, Rutgers can't consider themselves to be rivals, just put the game on an important to win list .
If RU ever became good enough and became PSU's rival, that rivalery game might be considered one of the better ones in college football.
But so far that isn't close to happening close to soon and will be a long way down the road unless RU becomes one of the best in the B1G.

Maryland might be the best choivce for a rivalery, but neither fanbase seems to want the other as one.
So it isn't worth talking about, but would be nice for both programs right now to make the games more exciting and maybe even a trophy game.

The rival should be fellow conference-mate Maryland. Which I have outlined my reasons previously.

OOC fine. Conference membership stupid. Why thin the sauce or get a smaller piece of the pie?

Neither of the two schools mentioned bring anything (or enough - if you need to hear that) to be considered for B1G membership. Please don’t compare what Texas and Oklahoma offer compared to sara and UCan’t.

Seat backs I’m totally with you on that. We should switch to those soon. Cup holders too, if they fit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT