ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Holy crap. Cashman has lost his mind. Selects Severino to start tomorrow night!
They want Happ for two starts against Boston, but that's a classic case of getting ahead of yourself. Have to imagine that Sevy will have an extremely short leash tomorrow night. Looks like Oakland is going full bullpen.

They want Happ for two starts against Boston, but that's a classic case of getting ahead of yourself. Have to imagine that Sevy will have an extremely short leash tomorrow night. Looks like Oakland is going full bullpen.
Counting your chickens before they are hatched. And they cant start Tanaka as Cashman has already annouced a week+ ago that Sanchez will catch this game.

I think he's just gonna be on a short leash and the bullpen will take over like last season. He's gotta figure out the clutch pitching thing eventually.

I think he's just gonna be on a short leash and the bullpen will take over like last season. He's gotta figure out the clutch pitching thing eventually.
The problem is the bullpen is no where near as good as last year. Chapman may not close. His velocity is way down.

The problem is the bullpen is no where near as good as last year. Chapman may not close. His velocity is way down.
I agree with that. I just think with a short leash, the starter pitcher isn't as important. Hopefully it all goes well.

I agree with that. I just think with a short leash, the starter pitcher isn't as important. Hopefully it all goes well.
So do I. Cashman has nothing to lose with his contract extension. They aren't going to fire him after year 1. But the choices are strange. Tanaka with Romine catching would be the better call if you aren't pitching Happ. But he backed himself in a corner and that isn't the best play for a 1 game playoff. Seve has been pitching better of late but not a smart move

So why not Happ? Sevy has been smacked around by the A's this season. Don't understand the choice.

:pray::pray::pray:
oytx5gwA5XTyxmwFN94hBCsurA661SmaakE3bHqTxfc.gif

Holy crap. Cashman has lost his mind. Selects Severino to start tomorrow night!
I know like most MLB teams, the Yanks rely heavily on Sabre Metrics (sp?), but is it it really true that Cashman is deciding the playoff rotation? I find it hard to believe Boone would defer that level of control.

I know like most MLB teams, the Yanks rely heavily on Sabre Metrics (sp?), but is it it really true that Cashman is deciding the playoff rotation? I find it hard to believe Boone would defer that level of control.
Boone was hired knowing the science team would be making a lot of former managers decisions. Boone doesnt even make up the daily lineup.
Its the reason Giardi isnt with the Yankees. He didnt want to give up control.

EPIC FAIL.
:cool2:[banana]:cool2:[banana]:cool2:
Lol, I deserve that, but remember the Original Epic Fail,called in early May. After BLOWING a 3-2 lead to Houston and being ONE game from the WS, you go out and sign the NL MVP and leading HR hitter in all of baseball. Anything less than a WS appearance, would be a EPIC FAIL. I still have plenty of good/bad baseball to watch and root for.

Lol, I deserve that, but remember the Original Epic Fail,called in early May. After BLOWING a 3-2 lead to Houston and being ONE game from the WS, you go out and sign the NL MVP and leading HR hitter in all of baseball. Anything less than a WS appearance, would be a EPIC FAIL. I still have plenty of good/bad baseball to watch and root for.
Traded not signed.
And keep up the good work. Us Yankees fans appreciate you Mush factor

Setting your hopes on the A's in the playoffs was just silly. The A's have a long, long history of tanking in the playoffs.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Boone was hired knowing the science team would be making a lot of former managers decisions. Boone doesnt even make up the daily lineup.
Its the reason Giardi isnt with the Yankees. He didnt want to give up control.
I had heard that at the start of the season but not since, and found it too hard to believe. If true, nothing like letting a bunch of statisticians ruin the game. Not everyone is a Billy Beane.

I had heard that at the start of the season but not since, and found it too hard to believe. If true, nothing like letting a bunch of statisticians ruin the game. Not everyone is a Billy Beane.
Both Boone and Cashman have admitted the setup publicly including again yesterday on Fatso show.

I enjoy the banter, but I hope you don't think I give two chits what Mets fans think about the Yankees.

I enjoy the banter, but I hope you don't think I give two chits what Mets fans think about the Yankees.

Guy's premise doesn't even make sense. Since when does playoff success hinge on a single hitter?

100 wins is a 100 wins. I don't care who makes the calls as long as we win.

Guy's premise doesn't even make sense. Since when does playoff success hinge on a single hitter?
It doesn't make sense that a team that was one game from the WS last season, and then adds not just a hitter, but the MVP and premier Home Run hitter in all of baseball to that team doesn't elevate said teams expectations? Are you really that baseball stupid?Really?#The Yankees

Last edited:
It doesn't make since that a team that was one game from the WS last season, and then adds not just a hitter, but the MVP and premier Home Run hitter in all of baseball to that team doesn't elevate said teams expectations? Are you really that baseball stupid?Really?#The Yankees
The Red Sox added JD, Houston added Cole.
How many top 3 MVP votes will Stanton get this year? Zero, as in not a single one. The question really is do you pay attention to baseball? The 2018 Yankees arent playing against the 2017 Red Sox or Astros except in your mind.

Joe Giradi a great addition to MLB Network.

All times for the Yankees Red Sox series and no surprise all night games. Going up against MNF

It doesn't make since that a team that was one game from the WS last season, and then adds not just a hitter, but the MVP and premier Home Run hitter in all of baseball to that team doesn't elevate said teams expectations? Are you really that baseball stupid?Really?#The Yankees

No, it doesn't. But why would a mets fan know anything about what wins playoffs?

#TheMetsoffseason

The Red Sox added JD, Houston added Cole.
How many top 3 MVP votes will Stanton get this year? Zero, as in not a single one. The question really is do you pay attention to baseball? The 2018 Yankees arent playing against the 2017 Red Sox or Astros except in your mind.
Maybe not you, as you've stated it a million times, but when the Yankees added Stanton, signed, traded, what's the F'n difference,plenty of Yankee fans were trying to buy WS tickets in January,so don't give me the list of what other teams added,no other teams added a higher profile player to their team, despite what you thought of it.

Joe Giradi a great addition to MLB Network.

All times for the Yankees Red Sox series and no surprise all night games. Going up against MNF
Make sure you pass along the times to some of the greatest Yankee posters on here. We don't want another "incident" like last year.:cool2:

Reactions: WhiteBus
I guess it went over your heads.You see this # as the hashtag sign,I see it # as the pound sign,lol.# The Yankees
No we all got it. Poor attempt at humor by a Met fan. But you keep up the good fight. You have a chance to make big $$ from Red Sox fans. They don't want your jinx suppprt

Maybe not you, as you've stated it a million times, but when the Yankees added Stanton, signed, traded, what's the F'n difference,plenty of Yankee fans were trying to buy WS tickets in January,so don't give me the list of what other teams added,no other teams added a higher profile player to their team, despite what you thought of it.
Well first off there is a big difference between signed and traded. Second the Yankees needed pitching. Not a so called MVP from the NL Least. And high profile my ass. Judge is the man. Not a player who hits meaningless HRs like last night.
As I said earlier last years NL MVP is just window dressing in the AL. Will not get a single vote this year playing in the big boy league.

Last edited:
I guess it went over your heads.You see this # as the hashtag sign,I see it # as the pound sign,lol.# The Yankees

Your desire to pound the Yankees is really tmi, dude.

But I guess you now have a few extra hours a day to let your mind wander, so go with what feels right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT