ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Yankee brass trying to spin it differently but """The network showed video of Severino playing catch in the outfield as pitching coach Larry Rothschild walks up to him to tell him first pitch is at 7:40, as opposed to 8:15 p.m. ET for Game 2 and the Wild Card Game. Severino was later shown first taking the bullpen mound at 7:32, only 10 minutes before he threw the game's first pitch""".My other question would be where the hell was the pitching coach and the manager before that???? EPIC FAIL on so many levels.

As much I don't like the Yankees during the season, I usually like to see a NY/NJ team win at all sports even if isnt my team in it. But man, that was bad. Though, I can't bust on anyone until the series is over. At the end of the day, it really is no different then losing 7-2 as BoSux did the game before.

I'm a Skins and Yanks fan. This was 5 alarm fire, Ash-level debacle for me last night. :flush:

Anyone watching the Yankees pregame. CC was wearing an awesome shirt. Simply said YO8I. The 8 was lower and looked like a g.
@zappaa have you seen this? Great design.

So glad your are chiming in after a lopsided loss. I believe you posted this after the Yankees went down 0-2 to the Indians.

ruready4somefootballAll American
Looked like the Varsity vs the JV

You're a jinx for any team playing the Yankees.
Well at least your out here posting, where's the rest of the gang? Hey wait,I think one guy doesn't even know the Yankees are playing tonight!!! Pretty sure he said something about his plans for watching tomorrow.

Yanks in 4

Boston Sucks
At least you were right about "in 4"
Cs6z2UjUAAANPh8.jpg

You said that last year. Year 2 of the multiply World Series Championships in a 5 year period are over with none.Up 3-2 to Houston last year and you blew it. Split in Boston only to come home and lose 2 straight by a combined score of 20-3, can you say EPIC FAIL? I know I can.
So I must have missed it: how many playoff games were the Mets in?

Reactions: Kbee3
I'll betcha the Astros have the loose bowels, you know, having to
face the Red Sox juggernaut. :grimace::)

You said that last year. Year 2 of the multiply World Series Championships in a 5 year period are over with none.Up 3-2 to Houston last year and you blew it. Split in Boston only to come home and lose 2 straight by a combined score of 20-3, can you say EPIC FAIL? I know I can.
I know you can but its complete BS from a Met fan. The Yankees lost to the best team in baseball. Its not an EPIC FAIL.
As I said the day they got worthless Stanton the Yankees needed starting pitching. The two best starting pitching staffs in the AL will battle it out in the NLCS

Reactions: Kbee3
So I must have missed it: how many playoff games were the Mets in?
Pretty sure your not a Yankee fan, but either way,if that helps Yankee fans get over their pain, so be it. In 2015, it looked to me and many in baseball with that pitching the Mets were destined for a pretty good run. NOTHING is guaranteed in baseball as the Yankee fan has found out the last 2 seasons, that is all.

I know you can but its complete BS from a Met fan. The Yankees lost to the best team in baseball. Its not an EPIC FAIL.
As I said the day they got worthless Stanton the Yankees needed starting pitching. The two best starting pitching staffs in the AL will battle it out in the NLCS
So true

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Forget for one second I'm a die hard Mets fan, you really don't think baseball fans in general feel the next logical step for the Yankees after last season and adding Stanton wasn't to make it to the World Series,honestly?

These "slugger" teams are like Chip Kelly's Ducks. They plow through everybody in regular season and then the Bamas and Ohio States blow them away in post season.

Forget for one second I'm a die hard Mets fan, you really don't think baseball fans in general feel the next logical step for the Yankees after last season and adding Stanton wasn't to make it to the World Series,honestly?
No. Who did they add they add to starting pitching? They were also stupid by adding Stanton. They didn't need offense . And please not forget they refused to go over the cap. Last year's team was better suited for the playoffs, better pitching better bullpen.
You keep focusing on adding Stanton. Last year 59, 132, .286 .681
This year 38, 100, .261, .509
The former NL MVP was a bust, couldn't handle the AL, waste of $

If the Yankees could hit for average a bit, they would be a World Series team. As someone else said, mashers don't win World Series. Sanchez and his sub .200 batting average was the anchor on this team. They need to figure that out quick or get him turned around.

No. Who did they add they add to starting pitching? They were also stupid by adding Stanton. They didn't need offense . And please not forget they refused to go over the cap. Last year's team was better suited for the playoffs, better pitching better bullpen.
38 Hr's and 100 rbi's is not being able to handle the AL? He was the only player to drive in 100 rbi's by the way!!!Lets not put him in the total bust category,please. Yankee fans have made Stanton and Boone their whipping boys,Christ winning 100 games with that pitching staff should earn Boone Manager of the Year!!! What about Sanchez? You know, one of the Core 4 that is suppose to lead them to several WS Championships in the next 5 years{0-2} by the way. The upward curve doesn't always happen like it does on paper. Is there a chance that young studs Andujar and Torreyes take a step back with the Sophomore jinx? You bet ya it could happen. In fact there's an even better chance this group never has another 100 win season,that's baseball.

Last edited:
He wasn't a bust, the Yankees got what they paid for. Last year was a banner year, this year was in line with his career averages:

.268 AVG, 34 HR, 86 RBI, .548 SLG

He wasn't a bust, the Yankees got what they paid for. Last year was a banner year, this year was in line with his career averages:

.268 AVG, 34 HR, 86 RBI, .548 SLG
Tell that to the Yankee fans who are blaming him for losing the series, which is asinine AF!!!!!! Esp with no one saying a word on how Sanchez didnt so a damm thing the whole season.

Tell that to the Yankee fans who are blaming him for losing the series, which is asinine AF!!!!!! Esp with no one saying a word on how Sanchez didnt so a damm thing the whole season.
And remember, Boone the other one their shitting on won 100 games with that pitching staff!!! Boy, they should have over paid for deGrom instead of trying to fleece the Mets!!!

Could be Cashman's biggest bunder. Never liked the trade from the beginning, would have been better off keeping Castro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT