ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019-20 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

And you guys sound like typical entitled yankee fans. Been a Mets fan since 1962 and expect I’ll always be a Mets fan.
I was a Yankees fan in 1962 when the Mets were created. They were possibly the worst MLB team I've ever seen.
I could never understand why fans in the New York metropolitan area could root for such an outfit. Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Yogi Berra were right there in the Bronx.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
giphy.gif

To add to this point. The Yanks won 103 games and added Cole. The only question we have is.....will we win the WS or not? No excuses.
I know Mets suck so shove it. But I thought you Yankee fan demand World Series rings, not Regular Season wins?

I was a Yankees fan in 1962 when the Mets were created. They were possibly the worst MLB team I've ever seen.
I could never understand why fans in the New York metropolitan area could root for such an outfit. Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Yogi Berra were right there in the Bronx.
I’ll tell you exactly why. One, my father had been a N.Y. Giants fan. He became a Mets fan. I didn’t have a team yet. Two, my uncle used to print scorecards and yearbooks for the Yankees. I was tired of my cousin always chirping about them. Although I did enjoy the perks such as box seat behind dugout, going to first bat day (got a Hector Lopez model). And three, for some strange reason Rod Kanehl was my favorite player. That’s how I became a Mets fan.

I was a Mickey Mantle fan. And my father was also a NY Giants fan. But he never became a fan of the Mets.
I remember a reporter asking Willie Mays back then what he wanted to do when his playing days were over.
He said "Get traded to the Mets".

Just a very silly comment.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Low self esteem?

Reactions: Kbee3
I was a Mickey Mantle fan. And my father was also a NY Giants fan. But he never became a fan of the Mets.
I remember a reporter asking Willie Mays back then what he wanted to do when his playing days were over.
He said "Get traded to the Mets".
You asked so I told you. Not looking for your approval or criticism of a 7 year old at that time.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Yet another depressing day in Mets fandom. Let's hope Cohen is our smarting them somehow and he's as ruthless as some say.

Can’t we do something to blow up the Wilpons. I’m so pissed off

Very incisive Forbes article on this topic. The key points IMO.
  • Presumably Wilpons never wanted to sell, they HAD to sell. And if so, then that need didn't suddenly disappear.
  • Therefore, this thing ain't over.
  • Don't expect MLB to intervene. Manfred is an employee who follows the direction of ownership. And they like the status quo (i.e, a budget-conscious big market franchise) just fine.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/howard...ith-new-york-mets-sale-hold-key/#6e1880103dc5

Very incisive Forbes article on this topic. The key points IMO.
  • Presumably Wilpons never wanted to sell, they HAD to sell. And if so, then that need didn't suddenly disappear.
  • Therefore, this thing ain't over.
  • Don't expect MLB to intervene. Manfred is an employee who follows the direction of ownership. And they like the status quo (i.e, a budget-conscious big market franchise) just fine.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/howard...ith-new-york-mets-sale-hold-key/#6e1880103dc5
Wow, this really shows how f'ed up the Wilpon's truly are.

They were NL fans left over from the Dodgers and Giants. I know your not that ignorant,plus those you mentioned were in the twilight of their careers,but you already knew that.In 7 short years, they were World Champs, well worth the pain and suffering.:CHOP:

Now Manfred came out and said he doesn't expect a transaction to be done at this point. WILPOWND again. Damn weasel face Jeff. How does he have any power Fred and Saul should kick him to the curb.

Please MLB step in do something like you decided it was OK to do with LAD. I mean good grief.

Reactions: redking
Please MLB step in do something like you decided it was OK to do with LAD. I mean good grief.

Do something??? Manfred is spinning for them I don't get it!!!!

"There is not going to be a transaction," Manfred said at the end of an owners meeting. "I can tell you, and it's based on conversations with the buyer and the seller on an ongoing basis, the assertion that the transaction fell apart because of something the Wilpons did is completely and utterly unfair."

Yeah really nothing the Wilponzis did.

Multiple sources have confirmed to The Post that the biggest unsolvable issue in the now-all-but-dead sale of the New York Mets to billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen was the role that team heir and COO Jeff Wilpon would have in the transition of power and beyond.

At the late stages of his agreement to buy 80 percent of the franchise for $2.6 billion, Cohen was informed by Fred and Jeff Wilpon that their plan was for Jeff to maintain total operational control of the Mets throughout the pre-agreed-to five-year transition period and then maintain a senior role within the organization even after Cohen took over.

Who is going to buy the team under the Wilpons terms? No one. Jeff wants the money but maintain control. How stupid is that?.
I guess if I sell my house, I can tell the new buyers I want to remain living there and make all of the decisions.

Reactions: tico brown
Former Met (and others) catcher Brian Schneider named as Quality Control coach, the role last held by Luis Rojas.

Take it up with Willie.
Why did you take my quote and mix it with a completely different quote of yours? That in itself should be a not be taken lightly by the mods. This was the post you made that I quoted. Please try to deny that you didn't just try to put words in my mouth and purposely mis-quoted me? @Richard Schnyderite this should not be allowed on the board

Kbee3 said:
"Just a very silly comment. "

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT