ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Which pitcher is going to land you a top level prospect? Alonso will be a FA and is having a terrible year. Not getting any top level prospects. JD Martinez barely signed at the start of the season and is also not getting any top level prospects.
No one knows what you might mean by top level prospect, a phrase that you've only now decided to interject into these opinions you've been posting. When you started issuing your rage posts, you focused on nobody having any trade value. Since then, backpedaling.

Now, don't get me wrong. You're allowed to sit back, take your time, consider your thoughts, come up with sensible ones, and then post them. In fact, I encourage you to do so. I bet everyone who responded to you would too. You can even say mea culpa and use the new thoughtful post to replace the involuntarily burped one that started all of this. Many may praise that too. But acting like your successive avenues of retreat were your starting point won't get you anywhere.

No more than you did for the entire offseason questioning every move or non-move made. Yes my mind kept receipts. So no need to come along now like you've been Mr Positivity.
Regrettably, I was correct about the ineptitude of the front office. However, I don't make sarcastic posts whenever a Met swings and misses at a bad pitch.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Regrettably, I was correct about the ineptitude of the front office. However, I don't make sarcastic posts whenever a Met swings and misses at a bad pitch.
Well you must pull up these 40-50 posts. Maybe up to 100 posts Cause there have to be plenty with that lineup. Show your work Bobalooey.

Which pitcher is going to land you a top level prospect? Alonso will be a FA and is having a terrible year. Not getting any top level prospects. JD Martinez barely signed at the start of the season and is also not getting any top level prospects.
Not what you said in your initial tirade post but you do you.

Lol yeah you're really correct about the FO being inept a month into the season when most of us have said from day one it's a learning year. Also it's May and we're not even at the low point of the season. This team will still be in the mix for the last WC spots. MLB has made it easier to make the playoffs and for that this team will be stick around.

Coming up on 40 years
Team is not even close to being championship ready

Too many “so called top prospects “ are hitting 200

Forget who but Mets played a team a week or two back where team had to call up prospect cause he was hitting 370 with 5 Hr in AAA. We are kissing a kids a$$ cause he walks a lot in Low A ball ???

Baty is 24 and half years old , what does he do that stands out ?? When will it “click” ?? When he’s 26 ??

I LOVE the Mets But I’ve had enough of the My Entire Team Sucks memes . Payroll jokes and just plain jokes about Mets sucking

FYI to Pete the “Eli ugly sad face pout “ is only acceptable after 2 Super Bowl mvps

Key #1 to not making the pouty face
STOP swinging at slider 8 inches away and 2 inches above the dirt

Reactions: gmay8
Vientos coming up. Lucchesi as well to start tomorrow over Houser. Houser was up a few times today so they don't want him going out there tomorrow to start.

Vientos coming up. Lucchesi as well to start tomorrow over Houser. Houser was up a few times today so they don't want him going out there tomorrow to start.
Vientos at minimum should be in a platoon at 3B. No way Baty should be getting everyday at bats at the position. Who went down?

Vientos at minimum should be in a platoon at 3B. No way Baty should be getting everyday at bats at the position. Who went down?
No official moves yet. Baty will not be going down. I'd imagine for Lucchesi it will be Yohan Ramirez.

Why are the batting averages so sub par this year especially with Nimmo / Lindor / Alonso etc ?

Why are the “prospects “ on the farm hitting so poorly as well? Parada / Acuna / Clifford ?

Why can’t this team hit at citifield?

Team misses Alvarez and too many black holes on team with McNeil / baty / back up catchers etc.

Entire new patch job Pitching staff and Hefner - who I feel is one of the best - is doing a fantastic job!

Why are the batting averages so sub par this year especially with Nimmo / Lindor / Alonso etc ?

Why are the “prospects “ on the farm hitting so poorly as well? Parada / Acuna / Clifford ?

Why can’t this team hit at citifield?

Team misses Alvarez and too many black holes on team with McNeil / baty / back up catchers etc.

Entire new patch job Pitching staff and Hefner - who I feel is one of the best - is doing a fantastic job!
To your first point, batting averages are down this year throughout baseball. In 2023, the average NL batting average was .250. This year it is .241. Why that is, I cannot say.

Lol yeah you're really correct about the FO being inept a month into the season when most of us have said from day one it's a learning year. Also it's May and we're not even at the low point of the season. This team will still be in the mix for the last WC spots. MLB has made it easier to make the playoffs and for that this team will be stick around.
Ple
Inasmuch as you believe you can be a GM for an MLB team. Please tell me what moves the front office has made that indicate anything other than they are writing off this season. I will give you Severino and Martinez!

Last edited:
Baty and/or McNeil will probably be emergency SS.
If McNeil plays SS, who plays 2B?

Baty has never played an inning at either SS or 2B in his professional career, majors or minors. Nor has Vientos. But do you know who does have MLB experience at 2B? Omar Narvaez! Two innings worth.

Any emergency situation would only be for one game. If Lindor or McNeil got hurt, Iglesias (or maybe Acuna?) would be up the next day. So maybe it is workable.

If McNeil plays SS, who plays 2B?

Baty has never played an inning at either SS or 2B in his professional career, majors or minors. Nor has Vientos. But do you know who does have MLB experience at 2B? Omar Narvaez! Two innings worth.

Any emergency situation would only be for one game. If Lindor or McNeil got hurt, Iglesias (or maybe Acuna?) would be up the next day. So maybe it is workable.
Right that's why it would be emergency. They'd make a move right after the game if it was something serious.

The evidence that Cohen/Stearns are NOT writing off this season is in the moves that they did NOT make. For one thing, they did not unload Alonso.

It is equally true that they did not go all in. There is plenty of room between those two extremes.

The evidence that Cohen/Stearns are NOT writing off this season is in the moves that they did NOT make. For one thing, they did not unload Alonso.

It is equally true that they did not go all in. There is plenty of room between those two extremes.
They did not sign him or offer a contract. Do you believe he will be trade bait at the deadline?

They did not sign him or offer a contract. Do you believe he will be trade bait at the deadline?
Possible. Depends on where the Mets are in the standings as the deadline approaches. Also depends on what Alonso's market value is - which I suspect is less than some on this board may think.

Possible. Depends on where the Mets are in the standings as the deadline approaches. Also depends on what Alonso's market value is - which I suspect is less than some on this board may think.
His crappy season may actually work in the Mets favor as they may be able to go with a shorter term “prove it” contract after the year as his potential suitors decide to stay away..,

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
May 14 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - Injured
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured
  3. Christian Scott RHP (NY Mets) - DNP
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, 3 K, .000/.000
  5. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 1/5, R, K, .232/.622
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, 2 K, .155/.516
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, 2B(2), R, .310/.841
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, 2 K, .190/.611
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/5, 2 K, .348/.942
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 0/3, BB, K, SB(16), .266/.729
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (Extended Spring Training) - N/A
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  20. Jonah Tong RHP (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  21. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, 2B(5), R, K, .221/.628
  22. Jesus Baez SS/2B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/3, 2B(9), BB, .293/.809
  23. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; TJS Out for Season
  24. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  25. Boston Baro SS/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/3, RBI, BB, 2 K, .279/.780
  26. Nick Morabito OF (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - 3.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 2.17, S(1)
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AA Binghamton) - 1/4, 2B(7), RBI, .325/.802
Honorable Mention

• Douglas Orellana (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  • Christopher Suero 1B/C (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  • Jeffry Rosa OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, 4 K, .238/.931
  • Kade Morris RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Jack Wenninger RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • A.J. Ewing 2B/CF (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/4, RBI, BB, K, .238/.894
  • Branny De Oleo SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/4, R, BB, K, .250/.690
  • Simon Juan OF (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/4, R, BB, .370/.949
  • Willy Fanas OF (Rookie FCL Mets) - 2/4, 2B(3), R, BB, .308/1.053

Sproat's stuff is on another level of Hamel and Vasil.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I saw Sproat and Scott either in a spring game and/or that breakout game, and Sproat's stuff during that brief look seemed decidedly better.

For what it's worth, I saw Sproat and Scott either in a spring game and/or that breakout game, and Sproat's stuff during that brief look seemed decidedly better.
Yeah Sproat looked great in the breakout game. As i've previously mentioned Scott, Tidwell, and Sproat are on another level of pure stuff. They all have front of FOR upside. Hamel and Vasil types we're hoping they can get fit in the backend or as some pen arms. Hamel does have high RPM on his off speed stuff but not sure if his fastball pairs well enough. Vasil was always more a guts and guile with ok stuff.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on Nolan McLean, the two-way guy? Seems to be doing well both at bat and on the mound in Brooklyn.

What are your thoughts on Nolan McLean, the two-way guy? Seems to be doing well both at bat and on the mound in Brooklyn.
I think eventually they'll convert him to full time SP unless he can cut down on the K's. He strikes out a lot so I think his ultimate way to make the majors is through pitching. Even if he does you never know they can use him as a bench bat if the need to. His power is legitimate though so not sure how long they give him trying both.

Yeah Sproat looked great in the breakout game. As i've previously mentioned Scott, Tidwell, and Sproat are on another level of pure stuff. They all have front of FOR upside. Hamel and Vasil types we're hoping they can get fit in the backend or as some pen arms. Hamel does have high RMP on his off speed stuff but not sure if his fastball pairs well enough. Vasil was always more a guts and guile with ok stuff.
While I like what I've seen from Scott (there must be something deceptive about his heater because he rarely gets over 96), I'm not sold yet. But I enjoy watching him pitch. He has a nice splitter too. I have no idea re Tidwell but have seen his numbers to start this year. We'll see.

Reactions: Zak57
While I like what I've seen from Scott (there must be something deceptive about his heater because he rarely gets over 96), I'm not sold yet. But I enjoy watching him pitch. He has a nice splitter too. I have no idea re Tidwell but have seen his numbers to start this year. We'll see.
Yup Scott's fastball plays up besides speed. Extension and he's got more spin on it than most which is why it's so successful.

It’s funny- doesn’t seem all that long ago, anything above 95 was considered blazing

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Everything is a ok !!!

Don’t you dare say anything negative

You momma basement living loser , you have no idea what your talking about , it’s a long season and 8 game losing streaks have no bearing on final win total

• Haha
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT