ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread

This is a really potent offense even with Harper and Casty playing well below their norms. With trea out, hopefully one of, or both, step it up. Starting pitching is doing fantastic. The bullpen is solid, minus Dominguez. And whit merrifield is showing how useful he can be as a rotational piece/bench bat. Loving what we have this year. What does everyone feel about the the city connect uniforms? I personally like them and will be purchasing a Turner jersey.

CC uniforms are horrible. Worse than RU's Salmon unis.

N3B is hitting historically bad and I don't think he's spent a single day on the bench.

Reactions: RutgersK1d
A cautionary note:The Fightins' are only 3-3 vs teams at .500 and above;21-8 vs lesser.
Who knows?
This team could be another '54 Indians,destroying bad teams with starting pitching while playing even with the big clubs.
That Indians' team went a combined 22-22 vs the Yankees and the White Sox and 89-21 vs the bottom 5 teams.
Of course,it ended badly for them as the Giants swept them in the World Series.
Are Wheeler,Nola,and Suarez another Lemon,Wynn,Garcia?

A cautionary note:The Fightins' are only 3-3 vs teams at .500 and above;21-8 vs lesser.
Who knows?
This team could be another '54 Indians,destroying bad teams with starting pitching while playing even with the big clubs.
That Indians' team went a combined 22-22 vs the Yankees and the White Sox and 89-21 vs the bottom 5 teams.
You can only play who's on the schedule. Plus there are teams under .500 because of loses to the Phillies.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
Who knows?
Interesting . . . Bob Feller (two years from the end of his career) went 13-3 that year with an ERA of 3.09 -- better than his career average. Maybe Cleveland manager Al Lopez would have been better off pitching Feller in the 4th game rather than coming back with Lemon who had started the first game and pitched a complete game, losing in the 10th. But of course it was very common then for World Series starters to pitch on three days rest.

Mays' catch in the first game is what everyone remembers. But it wasn't just the catch that was important; it was Mays' strong throw back to the infield. Center field was so deep in the Polo Grounds that a runner on second could frequently tag and score on a long fly ball out, but Mays' throw prevented that and kept the game tied.

I'll be going tomorrow.
I don't think that it will be as crazy as was this one tonight.
Still,injuries of both long and short term duration are piling up quickly.
Plus,Harper and Bohm don't look right.

I'll be going tomorrow.

A lot of guys hurt and they're still winning. Imagine when everyone's healthy. Heck, they're not going to play .700 even if everyone is playing great.

Enjoy this because these are the Salad Days.

A lot of guys hurt and they're still winning. Imagine when everyone's healthy. Heck, they're not going to play .700 even if everyone is playing great.

Enjoy this because these are the Salad Days.
Don't be so excited playing the Mutts.

iu

BTW, can you give the Mets Wheeler back? Met really need some pitching. And some hitting, and a catcher who can throw runners out.

I'll be going tomorrow.
What's wrong with Bohm?? He's batting.333 and is 3rd in RBIs in the Major League

Why don't the Mets move to Jersey City?
The 7 line is so isolated from the rest of the city.
Plus,the PATH trains seemed to be mobbed 24/7.
This area is way too crowded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT