ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

It really wasn't the worst Yankee trade of all time. The three guys they gave up didn't turn out to be Rogers Hornsby, Dick Groat and Don Drysdale.

Here is the worst Yankee trade I can think of off the top of my head.

Never trade for a guy with a no trade clause. It is the worst trade of any club ever.

After a tortuous 8 innings of two-hit ball, they get four straight hits in the ninth for a big win.
The pitching has been surprisingly good...without Cole.
Now if Judge can get out of whatever he's currently going through.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteBus
Holmes good luck continued this afternoon vs. Detroit.
5-3 Yankees win.
I guess at some point we have to give the guy credit for getting the job done. I'm not willing to do that until the season is over to prevent a jinx. This post by itself maybe an issue actually.....shit.

How about that ump throwing out Judge for talking to himself while walking back to the dugout? Talk about thin skin and/or wanting to be a tough guy. Judge didn't show him up and he wanted to exert power. That ump needs to be put in his place; you can't be throwing guys out for talking to themselves walking away from you.

This Soto is pretty impressive.
And Nestor looks pretty impressive so far as well.

After a tortuous 8 innings of two-hit ball, they get four straight hits in the ninth for a big win.
The pitching has been surprisingly good...without Cole.
Now if Judge can get out of whatever he's currently going through.
He is out.

Umpires are such pussies nowadays. If they would man up and accept criticism in the media, you wouldn't get a bunch of crap like this.

Reactions: MitchLL
I never thought the starting rotation would look this good in Cole's absence.
And Will Warren is tearing it up at AAA and should soon be due for a promotion to the big club.

Soto has brought a huge bolt of electricity to the yankees, best Cashamn move in a long time. he is going to earn the biggest contract in baseball history after this year and the yanks will have no choice but to pay up.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Soto has brought a huge bolt of electricity to the yankees, best Cashamn move in a long time. he is going to earn the biggest contract in baseball history after this year and the yanks will have no choice but to pay up.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of longterm contracts anymore, but it's pretty clear they need to break the bank for Soto.

Reactions: Kbee3
You just knew that was gonna happen when they reminded everyone that he hadn't pitched in five days. I was sure control was gonna be an issue. I'm just glad he did enough to hold onto the win.
Chapman 2.0
More than 3 days of rest and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Reactions: Kbee3
Save a few bucks and send all these bullpen bums back to AAA on the same bus.

JFC

Last edited:
0.0 and 0.0
I have to remind myself of that... as scary as he can make these situations, he's come through this year.

At some point, he'll give up a couple of runs and blow a save and when he does, we'll need to put that in perspective. He's walked 3 guys in 17 innings and struck out 21... aside from Friday, he's walked one other batter all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT