ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 4 - star FSU qb caught on video slugging girl

KingHigh

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
FSU qb 19 years old De'Andre Johnson at a bar. Pushes his way into girl apparently to get to the bar. She turns around and yells at him with her hand in a fist. He grabs her arm and starts yelling at her. She said get off me and throws a weak punch. He brushes it off and slugs her in the face.

This means De'Andre Johnson is the classiest qb FSU has had in many years. But unfortunately for Fisher, there's video. Sorry Jimbo, there aint no defending this one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...on-punches-woman-face-video-article-1.2283174

#1 Jimbo probably doesnt care, he has Malik Henry.

#2 If I walk into a bar and see a man wearing cutoff overalls with no shirt underneath serving drinks, I am in the wrong bar.

Then you wouldn't be in too many bars in Tallahassee. If this kid is first string, he will remain first string.

Girl hit him first - of course my constitution is to never hit a girl. However, from a legal perspective she hit him first and therefore she may have some legal issues too. Lesson here keep your hands to yourself whether you are a girl or boy.

Reactions: FastMJ and RU-BS
Girl hit him first - of course my constitution is to never hit a girl. However, from a legal perspective she hit him first and therefore she may have some legal issues too. Lesson here keep your hands to yourself whether you are a girl or boy.

You can't be serious. She was no threat to a 19 year-old Division I athlete. If you don't like the girl's conduct, then walk away. He has no grounds from a "legal perspective" unless he claims racial epithets were used as provocation. And I haven't heard any such claims.

So you can go around striking individuals legally as long as you are perceived as not a threat?

You can't be serious. She was no threat to a 19 year-old Division I athlete. If you don't like the girl's conduct, then walk away. He has no grounds from a "legal perspective" unless he claims racial epithets were used as provocation. And I haven't heard any such claims.
Even "racial epithets" don't give you the right to assault someone.

So you can go around striking individuals legally as long as you are perceived as not a threat?

No, but if a 19 year old girl punches me and I brush it off there's no jury on earth that's going to find her guilty of assault. And you might not find a cop, who is the first component of the criminal justice system and serves as a gatekeeper, who is willing to forward the paperwork to a charging unit at the DA's office. More work for him/her.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Even "racial epithets" don't give you the right to assault someone.

No, but a defense attorney would not be barred from offering a provocation defense at trial and may be successful depending on the jury.

From a legal standpoint I see what youre trying to say. However if you watch the video again, they were both jostling for position at the bar, so they had already invaded each other's personal space Then he actually grabbed her first. THEN she struck him THEN came his return strike. Law could say she felt the need to defend herself after he grabbed her arm.

BUT A good criminal defense attorney could possibly beat this by saying she cocked her fist back and shouted threats (possible hate speech?) at him while hand-checking him initially

Last edited:
Life is full of double standards. Life isn't fair. Bigger, taller, shorter, fatter, good looking, ugly, male or female.

On planet earth he shouldn't have hit her. Back up: she shouldn't have swung. Back up: he shouldn't have restrained her. Back up: she shouldn't have gotten in his face. Back up: the moment the two bumped into each other he should have just said "my bad" (I have soooo much more to lose).

I was in a bar when I was a sophomore at 19yrs old. It was so much fun. I won't throw stones or say it is wrong. I was responsible.

Reactions: mildone and miketd1
A Man and especially a div1 athlete can not hit a girl in that situation, and should have done whatever necessary not to let it go to the point where punches were thrown.

He will be suspended until needed, then will be reinstated after Jimbo tells us he is sorry, and and did 5 hours of community service.

He made contact with her inappropriately twice before she threw the "punch" that wouldn't have even killed a fly if it landed. The story is he got physical with her to get a spot at the bar, she stood up for herself and told him to stop pushing, which pissed him off so he grabbed her, she said get off and threw the "punch" so he clocks her.

Before the video came out, they were spreading the tale of a melee where Johnson was getting kneed, kicked and punched and he was merely defending himself. Not even close. Sorry, not self defense.

Why does it matter that she is a girl? What happened to equal rights? If I try to punch a person stronger than me, they have the right to defend themselves. Man or woman. Women can't throw punches while men sit back and take them. I'm all about equal rights.
Not in this world. Double standard.

Hence why female teachers get off easier when sleeping with students.

Also, no mention about a minor in a barin that article. I didn't realize the legal drinking age was 18 in Florida. I hope the bar gets a heavy fine.

I assume FSU is just waiting for confirmation and then will kick this kid off the team.. Right?

He made contact with her inappropriately twice before she threw the "punch" that wouldn't have even killed a fly if it landed. The story is he got physical with her to get a spot at the bar, she stood up for herself and told him to stop pushing, which pissed him off so he grabbed her, she said get off and threw the "punch" so he clocks her.

Before the video came out, they were spreading the tale of a melee where Johnson was getting kneed, kicked and punched and he was merely defending himself. Not even close. Sorry, not self defense.

+1

Even if she was in the wrong up to the point where he clocks her, he doesn't need to use that level of force to defend himself. If he were anyone other than an FSU football player, no prosecutor or judge would take a claim of self defense seriously.

Reactions: PaKnight
He's been dismissed. It was the video, obviously. How much stuff did people get away before smart phones and security cameras were ubiquitous?

You are correct, she hit him first but she will exercise her pussy pass and get nothing as the "victim". Some women feel that it is ok to throw the first punch, make false allegations, cry rape because there are no consequences to them doing so. Ray Rice was physically assaulted three times by janay Rice before he had enough abuse. We know the result, Rice's career is dead and Janay Rice was held up by the media as a victim of DV. I guess justice in some way was served to her as she ended her husbands promising football career. Money is spent quick when living large.

Reactions: overby58 and FastMJ
I don't think that after this thread, I could ever take anything brotherskinny says seriously. My man, even if you believe in what you are saying, there are times that you should just not say it.

The link says that FSU dismissed him from the team on Monday night

I guess grabbing her by the throat and trying to push her out of the way doesn't count as initiating the assualt?
You are seeing something that is not there. Woman raises her fist in an aggressive manner first, DJ, grabs her wrist to restrain her aggressive posture. She Strikes him with other hand then he responds with his own punch. In all phases of the video the woman is the aggressor.

Reactions: FastMJ
I don't think that after this thread, I could ever take anything brotherskinny says seriously. My man, even if you believe in what you are saying, there are times that you should just not say it.
I am just wondering where all you apologists for women come from. It truly amazes me that you are willing to give women a free ride from consequences. First Ray Rice (one of our own) and now DA and still there are a group of men who have been fully indoctrinated into feminist thought that women should be able to act free from consequences. Really just amazing.

Reactions: overby58 and FastMJ
Anyone trying to even justify his actions in the slightest, should go and hide for a while.
Right the woman in the video was just standing there minding her own business and D'andre Johnson just cold cocked her out of the blue. That settles it, he is guilty because yesrutger01 said so.

De'Andre Johnson's idiotic actions will hopefully lead to a full set of consequences (not holding my breath, though). Generally, there is no excuse for a man to hit a woman unless to disarm someone threatening with a deadly weapon. However, that doesn't give the latter carte blanche to go around hitting people. I'll just leave this link here to illustrate my point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT