ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Alternative Energy

But the supply of methane derived from pork producers occurs without any drilling. It's going to exist unless the world goes vegan. If it's going to exist the using it is all good.

There’s not enough to remotely cover all of our needs. But this is actually considered renewable because it’s simply returning C02 to the atmosphere that was already there - pigs eat plants which captured CO2.

The problem is taking carbon that’s buried and putting it in the atmosphere.

What do all plants , trees, grasses require to survive and thrive?
Co2…
Where does Co2 come from? Decaying limestone and crustacean shells and … wait for it…. Fossil Fuel…!
Are greenhouses:
A. Warm
B. Cold
Yes! Warm! Good answer…
What gaseous compound do greenhouse operators purchase and pump into the air inside their greenhouses to make the flora grow and thrive?
Co2
What else do plants need to thrive?
If you guessed water you are
💯
correct!
Where does fresh water come from ?
Hint (evaporation) but from what source? If you guessed Oceans you win the prize! There’s a name for this process - Hydrolysis… it requires warmth….
Since we are presently living in the Holocene period that began about 11,000 years ago - also referred to as the little ice age - the earth is actually cooler than necessary for carbon based life to thrive long term…. Avg temps go up and they go down… There is actually a deficit of Co2 in the atmosphere- fortunately human activity is stabilizing the levels by consumption of fossil fuels… albeit at a much lower PpM level than the plant life would like….
So why all the fake Climate Crisis hysteria??? Does any of this make any sense - why would we want to cut carbon emissions??? We’re being sold a pile of dung…
Global Climate Change ideology is not based on science - it is a political movement designed to scare you into surrendering your Sovereignty, individuality, and separate you from your hard earned money to satisfy the power-lust of the political-corporate-media class….

But the supply of methane derived from pork producers occurs without any drilling. It's going to exist unless the world goes vegan. If it's going to exist the using it is all good.

To add to the other comment ... the digesters produce biogas, you then have to upgrade it into biomethane or just methane. Once you have the quality of methane that can be injected into the grid ... well you then need the actual pipeline infrastructure to exist and that's a rare combination. It's better to use use the biogas for onsite electricity consumption and if there is excess sell the electricity back to the grid.

The interesting thing is that the digesters still output solids and oils for which sometimes there is little use ... so you then run into problems like this ... which the entire poultry industry is awaiting to be resolved and could have big ramifications

And if anyone is in NYC, those shiny metal eggs near Greenpoint/Williamsburg are digesters!

There’s not enough to remotely cover all of our needs. But this is actually considered renewable because it’s simply returning C02 to the atmosphere that was already there - pigs eat plants which captured CO2.

The problem is taking carbon that’s buried and putting it in the atmosphere.

Of course it's not enough to cover 100%. But covering 1+2% turning naturally occurring methane into CO2 is hard to beat.

What do all plants , trees, grasses require to survive and thrive?
Co2…
Where does Co2 come from? Decaying limestone and crustacean shells and … wait for it…. Fossil Fuel…!
Are greenhouses:
A. Warm
B. Cold
Yes! Warm! Good answer…
What gaseous compound do greenhouse operators purchase and pump into the air inside their greenhouses to make the flora grow and thrive?
Co2
What else do plants need to thrive?
If you guessed water you are
💯
correct!
Where does fresh water come from ?
Hint (evaporation) but from what source? If you guessed Oceans you win the prize! There’s a name for this process - Hydrolysis… it requires warmth….
Since we are presently living in the Holocene period that began about 11,000 years ago - also referred to as the little ice age - the earth is actually cooler than necessary for carbon based life to thrive long term…. Avg temps go up and they go down… There is actually a deficit of Co2 in the atmosphere- fortunately human activity is stabilizing the levels by consumption of fossil fuels… albeit at a much lower PpM level than the plant life would like….
So why all the fake Climate Crisis hysteria??? Does any of this make any sense - why would we want to cut carbon emissions??? We’re being sold a pile of dung…
Global Climate Change ideology is not based on science - it is a political movement designed to scare you into surrendering your Sovereignty, individuality, and separate you from your hard earned money to satisfy the power-lust of the political-corporate-media class….

Other than plants consuming CO2, your post is completely incorrect.

Of course it's not enough to cover 100%. But covering 1+2% turning naturally occurring methane into CO2 is hard to beat.

No dispute on that - we also capture methane from landfills. All good things. The vast majority of what we use for energy production is still from fossil fuels though. As I mentioned above, natural gas has a future in hydrogen. Coal is probably better used in REE extraction than burning it.

It’s a little dated - renewables continue to trend lower as economies of scale and innovation continue to lower the costs, but there’s a good comparison on costs.

So, all these solar panels in New jersey that have 3 to 6 inches of snow and ice covering them are producing how much energy?

My system yesterday produced 1% of what I used.
Today my system produced 3% of what I used. Will end up at 2% when day is done.
Without the snow it typically produces 70% in the winter.

So, all these solar panels in New jersey that have 3 to 6 inches of snow and ice covering them are producing how much energy?

My system yesterday produced 1% of what I used.
Today my system produced 3% of what I used. Will end up at 2% when day is done.
Without the snow it typically produces 70% in the winter.

But with net metering, what we’re consuming right now is effectively free. But good point on the need to have centralized generation along with distributed generation.

I exported almost 10 MwH last year. RECs and net metering will offset a significant portion of the financing.

Here’s something for you. LCA is a GHG measurement that accounts for the full end to end. You’re absolutely right about steel requirements - but once those 240 wind mills are up, they no longer have emissions. That gas fired plant is producing emissions at generation and upstream in gas extraction. You may have fewer emissions up front (much like EVs vs. ICE), but over the long run they produce less. Also - because you don’t pay for wind, there’s no ongoing cost to consumers.

Thank you for posting some useful information. That's what I was looking for. Natural gas is really high. I'm less skeptical now that GHG from windmills exceed natural gas powered plants. However, the article isn't clear when the calculation starts. I'm still skeptical that windmills are as low as they say. In another article, it says the calculation begins with the manufacture of equipment. Are they talking about when they start assembling the windmills? I want a calculation that goes all the way back to when they first blow up a mountain to get the taconite.

Also very low for GHG is nuclear.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
"A federal judge is ordering three companies to remove more than 80 wind turbines from an Oklahoma prairie. While it may be a setback for green energy production, it's a victory for citizens of the Osage Nation, which worked to remove the turbines from land they say is sacred. Allison Herrera from APM Reports has the story."
Just hit NPR tag for text

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT