ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best parking at EWR?

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Looking for a place to park from Sunday morning to Wednesday evening.

Combination of convenience and price preferred.

What do you guys usually do for parking?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Take an Uber or Lyft. Much easier and more efficient, and cost isn't a ton more.

Reactions: mikemarc1
If parking on site, register more than 24 hours in advance or pay almost double!!

Tough lesson learned this week.
EWR's system is pretty good, the entrance/exit gates have license plate readers, so no hassle.....if you book ahead of time! :)

Reactions: mikemarc1

Thanks!

EWR's system is pretty good, the entrance/exit gates have license plate readers, so no hassle.....if you book ahead of time! :)
We’ve been P4 deck parkers for a while. The convenience of this location is temporarily reduced if you are a terminal A flight, which requires a bus transfer.

I assume the economy lot (p6 ?) is a direct bus to terminal (A) situation. If so and you are Terminal A, that might be a better and cheaper choice for now.

Again 24+ hours advance registration gives you best pricing. 23 hours is NOT sufficient.

We’ve been P4 deck parkers for a while. The convenience of this location is temporarily reduced if you are a terminal A flight, which requires a bus transfer.

I assume the economy lot (p6 ?) is a direct bus to terminal (A) situation. If so and you are Terminal A, that might be a better and cheaper choice for now.

Again 24+ hours advance registration gives you best pricing. 23 hours is NOT sufficient.
Yes p6 is a bus transfer
For convenience Uber is the play
For cost savings is one of the outer lots

What is the pricing?

Getting to terminal A using the bus transfer is an absolutely horrendous experience. One and done for me.

Uber or one of the offsight lots is probably the play. I will probably use JFK or LGA to avoid Terminal A. I’ll fly from Newark if using Terminal C.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Fast, easy and fairly priced. Also can’t tell you how many times that free bottle of water at the check out kiosk has come in handy
I've done the parking spot at Haynes for years. Pick up and drop off are easy and I never had to wait long for a bus to arrive. You might even get a discount through work if an organization (my company gets me 20% off).

P4 isn't a bad option for Terminal C, but you still need to transfer via AirTran so it takes a bit longer (C is only 1 stop away). P4 for Terminal A would be a nightmare.....either bus or AirTran. At least 20-30 mins. The Terminal A AirTran stop is well before the actual terminal, so there is a 8-10 minute walk to get inside.

Terminal A is really nice, but the logistics blow. Flew out of A in December for Florida but they returned us to C. That sucked!

One thing about A. It doesn't seem like wide-body planes are using it. Probably didn't design the gates to accommodate 767s and 777s. So, if you are going to Hawaii or overseas with United, it's the normal C or B.

Getting to terminal A using the bus transfer is an absolutely horrendous experience. One and done for me.

Uber or one of the offsight lots is probably the play. I will probably use JFK or LGA to avoid Terminal A. I’ll fly from Newark if using Terminal C.
When you book your Flight on United you have no idea if you will be flying from A or C.

I've been using The Parking Spot too. The only issue, and its really only the first time, is getting into their lot. Very easy to miss.

P4 isn't a bad option for Terminal C, but you still need to transfer via AirTran so it takes a bit longer (C is only 1 stop away). P4 for Terminal A would be a nightmare.....either bus or AirTran. At least 20-30 mins. The Terminal A AirTran stop is well before the actual terminal, so there is a 8-10 minute walk to get inside.

Terminal A is really nice, but the logistics blow. Flew out of A in December for Florida but they returned us to C. That sucked!

One thing about A. It doesn't seem like wide-body planes are using it. Probably didn't design the gates to accommodate 767s and 777s. So, if you are going to Hawaii or overseas with United, it's the normal C or B.

When you book your Flight on United you have no idea if you will be flying from A or C.
This is why I prefer Uber or Lyft, or even a cab from EWR.

P4 if it’s work travel. Parking Spot/Haynes if it’s personal.

Is that wrong?

But yes, P4 can suck if you’re expecting Terminal C and get A on either leg.

I've been using The Parking Spot too. The only issue, and its really only the first time, is getting into their lot. Very easy to miss.
Yes, it is weird setup both in and out (especially if you are headed to 78 west). I also warn people to be careful on the exit ramp if you're coming from the main airport access road; it's a tight curve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT