ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Ten 5k

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
a

Anyone ever run the race virtually? Are there meetups around NYC or at Rutgers that you’ve ran in the past? Anyone interested in the 5k run/walk if we set something up at RU on campus sometime in July?

I was walking along the lake in Chicago yesterday and there were advertisements for it on the wall along the promenade. Pretty cool. Rutgers runners and the Scarlet Knight made it into the picture.

I ran it virtually in 2020.

I've run the 10k virtually for the past three years since I'm running that distance at some point during the week anyway. The shirt is usually pretty good. Eventually, I'd like to fly out to do it, but not this year.

I wish there was still a race at Rutgers, but that seems to have gone away.

a

Anyone ever run the race virtually? Are there meetups around NYC or at Rutgers that you’ve ran in the past? Anyone interested in the 5k run/walk if we set something up at RU on campus sometime in July?
Dave, if you tell me there is beer involved...count me in.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I've run the 10k virtually for the past three years since I'm running that distance at some point during the week anyway. The shirt is usually pretty good. Eventually, I'd like to fly out to do it, but not this year.

I wish there was still a race at Rutgers, but that seems to have gone away.
I did the Rutgers 1/2 marathon 7 years in a row before it was stopped.......still waiting for it to come back.

I ran the 10k in 2020. The shirt was so bad (at least imo) that, even though it had "Rutgers" on it, I threw it away.

I ran the 10k in 2020. The shirt was so bad (at least imo) that, even though it had "Rutgers" on it, I threw it away.
Ha. I have that shirt and agree that it's a terrible running shirt. It has a big heat pressed "20" on the back which really sucks when you're looking for good ventilation and don't want it stuck to your back. The designs have gotten better over the years and I'm pretty sure I wore the '23 shirt to the first game last year.

Reactions: 29PAS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT