ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

Well mark cuban announced you can use it to buy Mavs merch and tickets, so there is some legitimacy .
MC is just a dork who likes making headlines

I agree it draws people in and that is good for crypto. Elon kinda reminds me of when McAfee was shilling crypto back in 2017. Every few days it was a new shit coin. Later it came out he was getting paid to shill them. Mark Cuban announces that you can buy Mavs tickets with Doge, you can bet that Cuban probably purchased a decent amount before then. Interest in crypto is good like you said I just with it was towards more technical crypto projects.

Doge coin is a joke it was created as a joke. As you stated there is no substance behind it. Yes McAfee was being paid as you stated.......I follow crypto have a bunch in my portfolio as well as mined many coins with my self built mining rigs. Sounds like you follow what is going on.....so you would would know what a fraud he is with the "Dickening"

I don't invest in gold and I am not going to invest in crypto. It's like investing in Monopoly money.
There is nothing there but lots of suckers ready to lose everything.
Matt Gaetz will kill crypto since he supposed to have paid for sex trafficking with crypto.
Countries are not going to allow things that they can't track.
Maybe you should take the time to understand the products. I've been involved for 4 yrs and up substantially. Whether you like it or not it is the future. If your not looking at tomorrow you are living in the past my friend.
Fiat is ancient, obsolete and inflationary.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob-loblaw
L O L. I love such bold proclamations like this. FUD at its finest. Let's say he did pay for his infidelities via crypto. Guess what, there's a verified blockchain transaction showing just that.

NFT's are the future. Remember early on in Facebook where that one "friend" of yours was consistently airing his/her grievances or putting their life story on the FB page for all to see? Why are they doing this? Who cares? so and so is just clamoring for attention. Fast forward to now. That person isnt so crazy any more. You come to expect people to post pictures of every life event on social.

I make this point because thats whats going on with NFT's. The vast majority dont see a need to own a digital pair of jordans or digital video of Gronk spiking a TD. But as we shift into more and more of a digital world, the need and acceptance will grow.

Don't discredit it just because you dont understand the current use case or fascination behind it. My initial thought was that it was dumb. Just like I thought the one lone fool I knew on Twitter in 06 and was dumb. "Why is this go so obsessed with the number sign?" Sometimes it takes a swift kick in the ass to take our blinders off.

And yes, current NFT's are overkill. There's a ton of NFT's by Gronk and others that are not selling. The short term bubble is going to pop. But long term, the idea is here to stay. Get used to it.
Anybody slamming crypto has no idea what blockchain is. I cant stand people that slam something they dont understand just t take the time to learn about it. Battled my wife for 3 yrs as I just keep buying, after looking at my portfolio she doesnt open her mouth anymore and I do my thing. But her ignorance still does not want BBC to learn about it as I've tried many times to explain

Anybody slamming crypto has no idea what blockchain is. I cant stand people that slam something they dont understand just t take the time to learn about it. Battled my wife for 3 yrs as I just keep buying, after looking at my portfolio she doesnt open her mouth anymore and I do my thing. But her ignorance still does not want BBC to learn about it as I've tried many times to explain
a) I can invest in crypto and slam it at the same time.....

b) anyone who thinks they know that blockchain "is" but doesn't know what quantum computing "is" doesn't really know what blockchain "is". I put the lifecycle on blockchain at 2030...

c) this is so clearly a bubble at this point, it's beyond silly..... my father-in-law wanted me to explain how to buy Dogge......

d) I can still make money in a bubble....

b) anyone who thinks they know that blockchain "is" but doesn't know what quantum computing "is" doesn't really know what blockchain "is". I put the lifecycle on blockchain at 2030...

c) this is so clearly a bubble at this point, it's beyond silly..... my father-in-law wanted me to explain how to buy Dogge......

Stock market is a bubbke

Quantum computing = nuclear fusion

Always 20 years ago. LOL!

Seems like this was the worst kept secret. Interesting that Kramer said he sold a bunch of BTC recently to pay down his mortgage. Kraken CEO hinted last week about a crackdown.

Strong dips so far today. Maybe this is the reason

I got notified last night when that dip started. Holy hell. Glad I chose to DCA my last big btc purchase. Was able to load up around 52k.

The early concensus is that the hashrate issues 2 days ago stemming from China and this tweet were culprits. Ill wait until some more onchain analysis comes out.

Well see what the next 7-10 days bring. Anything from 40-70 is not outside the range of possibilities.

I got notified last night when that dip started. Holy hell. Glad I chose to DCA my last big btc purchase. Was able to load up around 52k.

The early concensus is that the hashrate issues 2 days ago stemming from China and this tweet were culprits. Ill wait until some more onchain analysis comes out.

Well see what the next 7-10 days bring. Anything from 40-70 is not outside the range of possibilities.
+1
Most of the China miners are shut down due to an energy source issue. Buy the artificial dip if you can!

+1
Most of the China miners are shut down due to an energy source issue. Buy the artificial dip if you can!
I was happy to do so. I was annoyed I made a healthy purchase about 5 hrs earlier, but oh well. Ive gotten very lucky with almost all of my btc purchases.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
What percentage of net worth alshkukd be in crypto?

That's a question only you can answer. Do you have the stomach for a 10% drop in 25 mins like we saw over the weekend?

Ive had people I recommend get in and usually tell them 1 - 5%. Whatever you feel comfortable in. If you're intrigued by it, put in a small amount to get skin in the game and research more. Find the point youre comfortable with

Reactions: Wolv RU
I'm very new to Crypto, i've been incredibly anti-crypto from the start because i didn't (and still don't understand it). I think it's definitely a bubble, when notoriously ETF/Equity guys like me are jumping in, so this is purely a "fun money account" for me.

Mid-last week i finally gave in, opened a voyager account and bought a small amount, (low 4 digits worth).

I bought mainly Doge, a little ETH, and a little VET.

Doge exploded the next day, i sold half of that position for a quick $500 and then bought more VET. When BTC dropped on Sunday i bought my first BTC.

My question to you guys is about VET. My one buddy is pumping me up on VET more than any other coin... he's real dialed in on it and swears it's the best of the best for why it's differentiated and what it offers. The VeChain, or whatever that is. So at the moment, i'm buying the most VET and that will be my lottery ticket. Are any of you guys in on VET or have any opinions on that one?

I'm very new to Crypto, i've been incredibly anti-crypto from the start because i didn't (and still don't understand it). I think it's definitely a bubble, when notoriously ETF/Equity guys like me are jumping in, so this is purely a "fun money account" for me.

Mid-last week i finally gave in, opened a voyager account and bought a small amount, (low 4 digits worth).

I bought mainly Doge, a little ETH, and a little VET.

Doge exploded the next day, i sold half of that position for a quick $500 and then bought more VET. When BTC dropped on Sunday i bought my first BTC.

My question to you guys is about VET. My one buddy is pumping me up on VET more than any other coin... he's real dialed in on it and swears it's the best of the best for why it's differentiated and what it offers. The VeChain, or whatever that is. So at the moment, i'm buying the most VET and that will be my lottery ticket. Are any of you guys in on VET or have any opinions on that one?
Why is it definitely a bubble? Was Apple, Google, Amazon a bubble in 2009 / 2010?

It's an emerging technology. There's going to be shitcoins that exist, just like there was bad technology back then. Pick your horses wisely.

Using the same analogy, you've purchased Blackberry, Arcsight, Microsoft and Red Hat, when those three stocks above were prime for the taking. Microsoft you'll make out alright with (I compare that to your purchase of ETH), the other ones you purchased, might be popping nicely at the moment, but what is the long term viability of them? Thats my concern with Doge & most alts. Doge is an outliner as it's clearly just a joke, but a lot of other alt coins are nothing more than a great idea with brilliant marketing behind it. The deregulated nature of crypto makes this easy to achive.

Analogies aside, Dogecoin is a pump and dump and is either going to fall hard at some point, or get hacked by a 51% attack due to it being "secured" on litecoins blockchain.

VeChain I dont know a ton about, but as a lottery ticket you have to ask yourself how much you're willing to buy short term, relative to your earnings potential. The max supply of that token is 86+ trillion tokens. Compared that to the 21 mill max of Bitcoin. So if you're buying it to potentially see BTC-esque numbers you're sure to be disappointed. Short term, I'm not sure what room is left to grow, as it's 10x this year already.

Reactions: redking
Why is it definitely a bubble? Was Apple, Google, Amazon a bubble in 2009 / 2010?

It's an emerging technology. There's going to be shitcoins that exist, just like there was bad technology back then. Pick your horses wisely.

Using the same analogy, you've purchased Blackberry, Arcsight, Microsoft and Red Hat, when those three stocks above were prime for the taking. Microsoft you'll make out alright with (I compare that to your purchase of ETH), the other ones you purchased, might be popping nicely at the moment, but what is the long term viability of them? Thats my concern with Doge & most alts. Doge is an outliner as it's clearly just a joke, but a lot of other alt coins are nothing more than a great idea with brilliant marketing behind it. The deregulated nature of crypto makes this easy to achive.

Analogies aside, Dogecoin is a pump and dump and is either going to fall hard at some point, or get hacked by a 51% attack due to it being "secured" on litecoins blockchain.

VeChain I dont know a ton about, but as a lottery ticket you have to ask yourself how much you're willing to buy short term, relative to your earnings potential. The max supply of that token is 86+ trillion tokens. Compared that to the 21 mill max of Bitcoin. So if you're buying it to potentially see BTC-esque numbers you're sure to be disappointed. Short term, I'm not sure what room is left to grow, as it's 10x this year already.
+1
Great thoughts and advice. Doge is the textbook definition of pump and dump. No question!

I know BTC and ETH are here for the long run and both will be successful (with BTC always remaining the top dog). After that, I have no idea, which is why I am not playing with any other coins. I do have small positions in several miners and crypto support companies, but mostly I focus on BTC and ETH.

I have heard good things about Cardano and Polkadot and also some interesting value add features of Chainlink and Filecoin, but I need to do much more research.

I basically invested all my stimulus checks on doge. In one week I've made more than all my blue chips have in over a year. It's insane.

But I'm cautiously worried about when it will all come crashing down.

Might cash out half at .50 and take a gamble with the rest.

I invested either $500 or 1000 in doge in 2018. Sold off enough doge to cover all my crypto investment (Bitcoin, ethereum mainly) early this year, but kept some.

basically all of them have gone up, but my remaining doge remains the biggest winner with it having increased by like 1,200%. Because of doge’s exponential rise, it is about 30% of the value of my cryptos. Think I will keep riding it out...

I have no doubt a lot of people enjoy NFTs for the "elitist" nature - just like people happily pay $2000 for sneakers or purses.....

but, it's very clear that A LOT of NFTs (and crypto) is just money laundering..
Higher relative % of fiat currency is used for money laundering vs cryptos. But nice try.

Work on your comprehension skills. Facts are facts.
and statistics are for liars.

there's a reason $1000 greenbacks or €500 notes are no longer available. You act as if it's just happenstance that crypto (and particularly NFTs) gain momentum as AML regs gain success.

crytocultist find excuses for any negative aspect... just accept it's part of what's happening - don't defend it

I invested either $500 or 1000 in doge in 2018. Sold off enough doge to cover all my crypto investment (Bitcoin, ethereum mainly) early this year, but kept some.

basically all of them have gone up, but my remaining doge remains the biggest winner with it having increased by like 1,200%. Because of doge’s exponential rise, it is about 30% of the value of my cryptos. Think I will keep riding it out...

I dont know when its going to happen, but some whales are going to cash out of their positions in DOGE and the freefall it takes will make what BTC did over the weekend look like a drop in the penny. There is zero scarcity, zero development there. I would get out before $.50 happens.

I think one of my favorite things about NFTs is the royalties many have: "A 10% royalty goes to the creator for future resale"

brilliant....

Yes. I dont believe that its capped at 10% though. Either way, its a thing of beauty. Youll see tickets being sold via NFT very very soon. The tech is here to stay
+1
Sports teams and artists love this tech. Definitely here to stay!

Reactions: RU Golfer
It will be interesting to see how the royalties impact the secondary ticket market. I’m not sure how scalpers overcome NFTs. Also, people that buy season tickets for the purpose of selling off a few key games to pay for the rest of the games may think twice.

It will be interesting to see how the royalties impact the secondary ticket market. I’m not sure how scalpers overcome NFTs. Also, people that buy season tickets for the purpose of selling off a few key games to pay for the rest of the games may think twice.
exactly - imagine when concerts/sports teams put 25-50 (or even 99%) "royalty" on something...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT