ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

BTC going mainstream:

Going mainstream will be a catch 22. More people willing to buy bitcoin, but also much more regulatory scrutiny. There will be many people who will get scammed and cheated which will certainly raise eyebrows.

Going mainstream will be a catch 22. More people willing to buy bitcoin, but also much more regulatory scrutiny. There will be many people who will get scammed and cheated which will certainly raise eyebrows.
Some regulation, especially around money laundering, would be a huge positive for BTC. It would help get trillions off the sidelines via conservative institutions.

#KABOOM

Looking at the all time chart the previous peak from late 2017 and the trough which follows, looks pretty quaint relative to the current run(don't want to call it a peak yet) that we are now seeing from BTC.

exactly - imagine when concerts/sports teams put 25-50 (or even 99%) "royalty" on something...
I think reputable sport/concert companies will put a royalty on the difference between original price and new sale price.

If they went 99% it would destroy the scalpers, which I'd be OK with. Leaving it at say 25%, allows the scalpers to continue to do their thing while the originator gets a cut.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I think reputable sport/concert companies will put a royalty on the difference between original price and new sale price.

If they went 99% it would destroy the scalpers, which I'd be OK with. Leaving it at say 25%, allows the scalpers to continue to do their thing while the originator gets a cut.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
exactly - so, when you hear big stars (as I've seen, say Bruce Springsteen or U-2) say they hate scalpers... now they have a method to prove it.... and a 99% royalty would do just that (at least theoretically)

as you say, let's see how it plays out...

New all-time high for ETH this morning, just a hair until $2,600. And this while BTC is still consolidating after a dip. ETH showing more and more signs of independence.

ETH blasts thru the $2600 level. Now $300B+ market cap.

The power of defi, smart contracts, and NFTs. Many big companies are starting to use the ETH blockchain.

Reactions: RU205 and Postman_1
Hello haircut! Nothing like waking up and losing a hearty chunk of $$. Ive spent the morning slowly buying the dip. As I said on the other thread nothing would surprise me here anywhere from $30 - $75 in the next 30 days.

Hello haircut! Nothing like waking up and losing a hearty chunk of $$. Ive spent the morning slowly buying the dip. As I said on the other thread nothing would surprise me here anywhere from $30 - $75 in the next 30 days.
+1
Every bull year has several 30-40% drops. Interesting to see that ETH is still hoping up pretty well.....for now.

+1
Every bull year has several 30-40% drops. Interesting to see that ETH is still hoping up pretty well.....for now.
How far will ETH drop. My guess is somewhere between 1100-1500. I know it is a large range but it is hard to predict when the climb up has been so rapid.

How far will ETH drop. My guess is somewhere between 1100-1500. I know it is a large range but it is hard to predict when the climb up has been so rapid.
During this drop or after the bull run is over? Former may be 1800'ish, but it is holding up pretty well. As for the latter, it depends on how high it will grow during this bull run cycle. Long way to go!

Something I never gave much thought to in regards to grayscale or any other btc trust. The inability to sell in real-time.

I keep harping on this... not your keys, not your coins.

Something I never gave much thought to in regards to grayscale or any other btc trust. The inability to sell in real-time.

I keep harping on this... not your keys, not your coins.
Great time to buy via GBTC! Don't care about the coins, just the appreciation. Also, GBTC and the upcoming BTC ETFs work well with tax-deferred retirement accounts.

The Grayscale ETHE is well aligned with the value of the ETH.

Ever heard of safemoon? Getting lots of
Twitter chatter
I mentioned it last week in a post here. The hype train is aggressive on that one. On the surface i just see a pump and dump twitter meme token.

I'd be REALLY weary right now of any newish coin that has never seen a 🐻 run before. I think shitcoin season is going to see a major reckoning in the coming 6 mos. Its going to start when one of a greyscale fund or someone similar cashes out of a 600x return on some random alt.

I don't understand why online cryptocurrency trading platforms are shut down by court almost all the time. Some people need to understand that cryptocurrencies are something very important, and we should block the development of them. Even in China starting with this month, is possible to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. They have made their own cryptocurrency for their people, and it seems to be very profitable to buy it. I think that this cryptocurrency will become very popular because this is the only cryptocurrency that is approved by the Chinese government.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: redking
Also, are products going to be priced in all these different "currencies" eventually?

Can someone explain what this means?
I mean, this is supposed to be a "currency", right?

Are products now going to be priced in BTC in shelves?

Gallon of milk = .0001 BTC?
No. Would you into the grocery store with a gold bar and shave off a piece to pay for said milk?

ETH breaks the $3k level. BOOM! :)
Beautiful!

I still have worries about costs and speed with ethereum. Two examples, I tried to pull a several hundred axs tokens from a software wallet to a hardware wallet. The cost in fees would have been around a quarter of the value of my tokens. Straight garbage.

I tried to move $100 in tether from one exchange to another to buy a defi token. On the erc20 network, it would have cost me $20. I sent it via a different network for $1.

Theres value in the token and the network, but if the congestion and fees aren't sorted out it will quickly lose market share

Beautiful!

I still have worries about costs and speed with ethereum. Two examples, I tried to pull a several hundred axs tokens from a software wallet to a hardware wallet. The cost in fees would have been around a quarter of the value of my tokens. Straight garbage.

I tried to move $100 in tether from one exchange to another to buy a defi token. On the erc20 network, it would have cost me $20. I sent it via a different network for $1.

Theres value in the token and the network, but if the congestion and fees aren't sorted out it will quickly lose market share
Layer 2 solutions and roll-ups will deal with the speed issue (and already started to do so). As for the costs, this is overhyped. The vast majority of transactions are via large companies. Roll-ups allow these companies to move tons of transactions at one time for millions of dollars. That $20 gas fee is irrelevant in these cases. This is where the growth is coming from - corporations will bundled transactions.

And watch when EIP-1559 is implemented. This will start burning the ETH base fee of transactions and cause the ETH supply to go deflationary. Can you say KABOOM! :)

Reactions: bob-loblaw
Layer 2 solutions and roll-ups will deal with the speed issue (and already started to do so). As for the costs, this is overhyped. The vast majority of transactions are via large companies. Roll-ups allow these companies to move tons of transactions at one time for millions of dollars. That $20 gas fee is irrelevant in these cases. This is where the growth is coming from - corporations will bundled transactions.

And watch when EIP-1559 is implemented. This will start burning the ETH base fee of transactions and cause the ETH supply to go deflationary. Can you say KABOOM! :)

How are the costs overhyped? The fees to use their network are extremely high compared to a lot of the crypto space. That's not good. In order to thrive as a mass used chain, the average person using XYZ app needs to feel like their not being fleeced.

That EIP is textbook issue in the space. Miners vs Devs. Miners are against the upgrade vehemently. While devs are pushing it. Hello hard fork. Also, I'm not convinced that proposal will actually lower gas fees.

Yikes, ETH broke the $3200 overnight. To the moon! LOL.
Also, that proposal wont directly cause a deflationary supply. There will still be 18mill or so new tokens added yearly. Compare that to the fixed 21 mill lifetime cap of Bitcoin. There's only about 2.5 million Bitcoin left that will ever be mined. EVER. You have a legitimate scarce asset vs one that simply is not.

Looking at the current pricing of both, either one of these is currently true:
BTC is severely undervalued right now
ETH is severely overvalued right now

2021 will shake one of those two out.

And I come accross negative towards the Ethereum chain. I'm not. I've basked in a lovely 30x return in a year which is beautiful. I just greatly worry that this bull run on ETH is suspect given the current operating environment of the network. We shall see

+1
I have a good amount of ETH, but would like more. Patiently waiting for a major dip and consolidation for a while.
I think that dip your waiting for will eventually come but you may be waiting for a while which is fine if you have the patience , the buildup as we get closer to July is going to be fun , I truly believe that the price of Ethereum could possibly reach some of those predictions certain experts are calling for.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
No. Would you into the grocery store with a gold bar and shave off a piece to pay for said milk?

Why would I do that?
Nobody is calling gold a "currency" and saying that it is going to replace the dollar or other government backed currencies.

Thanks for confirming though that these crypto"currency" items are speculative investment vehicles (similar to gold).
That's what I thought.

Reactions: bob-loblaw
How are the costs overhyped? The fees to use their network are extremely high compared to a lot of the crypto space. That's not good. In order to thrive as a mass used chain, the average person using XYZ app needs to feel like their not being fleeced.

That EIP is textbook issue in the space. Miners vs Devs. Miners are against the upgrade vehemently. While devs are pushing it. Hello hard fork. Also, I'm not convinced that proposal will actually lower gas fees.

Also, that proposal wont directly cause a deflationary supply. There will still be 18mill or so new tokens added yearly. Compare that to the fixed 21 mill lifetime cap of Bitcoin. There's only about 2.5 million Bitcoin left that will ever be mined. EVER. You have a legitimate scarce asset vs one that simply is not.

Looking at the current pricing of both, either one of these is currently true:
BTC is severely undervalued right now
ETH is severely overvalued right now

2021 will shake one of those two out.

And I come accross negative towards the Ethereum chain. I'm not. I've basked in a lovely 30x return in a year which is beautiful. I just greatly worry that this bull run on ETH is suspect given the current operating environment of the network. We shall see
Costs are majorly overhyped. Do you think Visa gives a crap about a $20 gas fee? Visa wants the most secure and stable network. Other ETH-wannabe blockchains have low costs because they are controlled only by a few players. They are much more centralized. This is the trade off. Visa (and similar companies) selected ETH because it is so secure, proven, and decentralized. This is what they want.

Miners will whine about EIP-1559, but they already backed off. It's going to happen. Once the base fee starts to be burned, the ETH supply will likely go deflationary as long as volume stays high (which is very likely).

Don't be an ETH hater! LOL.

Costs are majorly overhyped. Do you think Visa gives a crap about a $20 gas fee? Visa wants the most secure and stable network. Other ETH-wannabe blockchains have low costs because they are controlled only by a few players. They are much more centralized. This is the trade off. Visa (and similar companies) selected ETH because it is so secure, proven, and decentralized. This is what they want.

Miners will whine about EIP-1559, but they already backed off. It's going to happen. Once the base fee starts to be burned, the ETH supply will likely go deflationary as long as volume stays high (which is very likely).

Don't be an ETH hater! LOL.

You've come a long way! Now if only I could get you away from the funds and into buying coins/tokens directly.

Either way, I dont foresee the protocol being the panacea you expect it to be. Time will tell

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I've been slowly DCA'ing into a defi token called Filda. It's got a super low market cap and is priced around $.95 a token. 10x minimum could easily happen in the short term. There's also great staking opportunities. I havent set up to stake yet, but that's coming.

It's not an easy token to obtain right now. You either have to trnsfer in via MetaMask and convert HuboiToken, or transfer Tether into Gate IO. It was a pain in the ass figuring this out, but I really like the potential here.

ETH +3450, going parabolic. Gotta come down soon and consolidate for a while. Yikes!

Reactions: Zimm80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT