ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cam Ward getting paid

He wins them 10+ games, and he’ll be worth every penny.
💯
Additionally, even though I’ll be rooting against him for obvious reasons, he’s only coming back bc of NIL

Getting guys with this type of talent level and experience is good, both short-term and long-term, for the college game that makes it more interesting to watch

Reactions: rutgersal
Canes have spent alot of pennies lately, haven't they? Bought them a nice loss to RU in the Pinstripe.
Always good to see UM lose
But it’s better to have $ and not be afraid to spend it - they’re a solid coach away from making noise again, which is why I hope they resign Mario to a 10 year deal

Tex A&M and Miami have proven you can’t buy championships. You can buy pieces but not championships.

Leadership and culture along with resources gets you the “Chip”. Doesn’t hurt to be in the SEC or BIG as well.

GO RU
Agree
You need a combination of elite coaching, recruiting and applicable re$ource$ to win titles

So which one was FSU lacking this year? ACC going down
None really

If we want to nitpick, recruiting prior to this year hasn’t been upto our standards, and Mike still has issues closing the studs

But that aspect has improved, coaching is solid and NIL robust.

Mikes also hit on most of his portal guys which has certainly helped

Always good to see UM lose
But it’s better to have $ and not be afraid to spend it - they’re a solid coach away from making noise again, which is why I hope they resign Mario to a 10 year deal
UM does not have money to blow, it’s not the 1990s and early 2000s. Their donor pool is dry and they put all their NIL cards in one basket.

Tex A&M and Miami have proven you can’t buy championships. You can buy pieces but not championships.

Leadership and culture along with resources gets you the “Chip”. Doesn’t hurt to be in the SEC or BIG as well.

GO RU

I think what it proves is that you can’t use NIL transfers as a Strategic solution. You can’t build a program based on transfers.

It needs to be tactical, very limited, to fill in gaps. Optimally, You would use NIL on difference makers, such as quarterback and WR1.

UM does not have money to blow, it’s not the 1990s and early 2000s. Their donor pool is dry and they put all their NIL cards in one basket.

Spending $2M+ on a single player is a pretty big basket. If we had the same type of support, we could go undefeated next year.

Spending $2M+ on a single player is a pretty big basket. If we had the same type of support, we could go undefeated next year.
From everything I read about about him and NIL offers, I think the $2.2 million he's reportedly getting is the result of a bidding war between schools ( boosters) and Miami gave him the biggest payday.
Draft wouldn't have him picked as high as he wanted so take the college money now and try to play himself into a better draft position next year .

NILs will make and break programs now, when it comes to building championship caliber teams

From everything I read about about him and NIL offers, I think the $2.2 million he's reportedly getting is the result of a bidding war between schools ( boosters) and Miami gave him the biggest payday.
Draft wouldn't have him picked as high as he wanted so take the college money now and try to play himself into a better draft position next year .

NILs will make and break programs now, when it comes to building championship caliber teams

That’s my understanding as well.

That’s my understanding as well.
He met with Rick, Ross and Company at prime 112 back in December, and they had an agreement in principle for 1.9 million

Then went up to Tallahasee against Miami’s wishes, and FSU would not approach that number, so he debated going in the draft

Eventually, he decided to go back to Miami and was able to get another 300,000 out of them.

He met with Rick, Ross and Company at prime 112 back in December, and they had an agreement in principle for 1.9 million

Then went up to Tallahasee against Miami’s wishes, and FSU would not approach that number, so he debated going in the draft

Eventually, he decided to go back to Miami and was able to get another 300,000 out of them.
The dynamic that’s happening now with highly sought after portal transfers negotiating with collectives [cough: schools] is pretty interesting with these players pinning schools against each other or putting the threat of going pro in order to get the best NIL deal.

When the BIG and SEC start doing revenue sharing with the players wonder how the rules will allow for NIL deals and if not how schools will circumvent conference cap rules. Some school will always want a leg up on another school and willing to take risks without an existing governing body that has real teeth.

GO RU

The dynamic that’s happening now with highly sought after portal transfers negotiating with collectives [cough: schools] is pretty interesting with these players pinning schools against each other or putting the threat of going pro in order to get the best NIL deal.

When the BIG and SEC start doing revenue sharing with the players wonder how the rules will allow for NIL deals and if not how schools will circumvent conference cap rules. Some school will always want a leg up on another school and willing to take risks without an existing governing body that has real teeth.

GO RU
It will definitely be interesting to see with the next few years until in regards to revenue sharing and how the dynamic will continue to evolve

Reactions: satnom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT