ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chicago/Milwaukee

Scarlet4Shore

Senior
Feb 27, 2009
My source for all the best information.

I will be going to Chicago to cross three more stadiums off of my baseball bucket list - Cubs, White Sox, and Milwaukee Brewers. I will have a car for one day to get to Milwaukee. Looking for recommendations for things to do/places to eat in Milwaukee. Disclaimer - I don't drink beer. If I can get there in time, I would like to do a Brewers Stadium tour, but I will have about 5 hours before game time.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

I was just there this weekend for the Yankees series. Stayed in Chicago with some friends. Nice ballpark, cheap tickets in Milwaukee. I'd suggest paying for general parking in advance it'll be $15 and easy no hassle to get out. As for things to do in Milwaukee I don't have suggestions we drove straight to the stadium and back, one downside is Milwaukee's stadium is in a giant parking lot like a football stadium, no bars or restaurants walking distance.

As for Wrigley, love that stadium, you can feel the history while you're there. My friends live 5 minute walk down the road so have been to multiple games and will be back in September for the Yankees series. The Wrigleyville area is one of my favorites in Chicago and if you have time I'd suggest walking around and finding something to eat.

White Sox, I have been once and am going back for that Yankees series as well. Wouldn't hang around that stadium, I'd suggest get in and out.

Enjoy the trip! The uniqueness of each MLB ballpark is what makes baseball great!

Milwaukee- 2 words - cheese curds! One more word- Brats! (the food). We spent a half day exploring Milwaukee en route to Madison last fall. Our friend took us to the Milwaukee Brat House, which is on North Old World Street. There are a bunch of older, casual restaurants in that area where you can get casual and typical Milwaukee food. There is also a cool restaurant called The Knight Club right down the end of the block from the Milwaukee Brat House.

The Milwaukee Public Market was also interesting, with a varied selection of local provisions.

Brats in mikesukee
Also tailgating is huge there

Wrigley - do the tour
Take in Wrigley-ville
Eat outside at Murphy’s behind left field

Sox… maybe they have a museum honoring their all time greats (Frank Thomas, Tony LaRussa, Hary Carey, the other exciting announcer they used to have, Steve Lyons taking his pants off)?

I already have my ticket for the Wrigley tour. Unfortunately, because it is on a day of a day game, it is a shortened tour. And for some reason, the rest of the week I'm there, tours are not being held, so I'm bummed about that.

I heard the same about the White Sox -- see the game and leave.

Reactions: cshelley
I already have my ticket for the Wrigley tour. Unfortunately, because it is on a day of a day game, it is a shortened tour. And for some reason, the rest of the week I'm there, tours are not being held, so I'm bummed about that.

I heard the same about the White Sox -- see the game and leave.

Chicagoan and White Sox fan here. I suggest this thread (see link below), especially the posts from 2023 (beginning around post #36 in the thread) for some Chicago food suggestions. Happy to answer any questions though.

Wrigley offers more to do around the stadium (with a heavy focus on drinking). White Sox stadium is mostly surrounded by parking lots—the neighborhood beyond that is safe, but other than a few bars and restaurants pretty quiet. Chinatown is one stop north of the White Sox stop on the red line…my wife and I sometimes go there for dinner on summer evenings after attending White Sox day games.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...hes-on-a-great-2-seasons.214518/#post-6491995

Chicagoan and White Sox fan here. I suggest this thread (see link below), especially the posts from 2023 (beginning around post #36 in the thread) for some Chicago food suggestions. Happy to answer any questions though.

Wrigley offers more to do around the stadium (with a heavy focus on drinking). White Sox stadium is mostly surrounded by parking lots—the neighborhood beyond that is safe, but other than a few bars and restaurants pretty quiet. Chinatown is one stop north of the White Sox stop on the red line…my wife and I sometimes go there for dinner on summer evenings after attending White Sox day games.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...hes-on-a-great-2-seasons.214518/#post-6491995
Was just going to post this... you guys were awesome with the Chicago low down!

Reactions: Barnaby&Neill
@Scarlet4Shore

One piece of valuable intel—White Sox stadium is one of the few I’ve been to that prohibits access to various concourses. If you’re in the lower deck (100s level) you can go to the 500s, but if you’re 300 or 500s you can’t go to 100s.

I suggest getting a 100s level ticket for that reason.

(They do sometimes scrap this policy for midweek sparsely attended games)

Reactions: Scarlet4Shore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT