ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cobra Kai

GREAT GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!!! Love this series as it is so well done. i am almost done with season 3 now and just bring back so many memories

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
A few eps into S2, and agree it's great. Some of it is a little cheesy and obvious, but entertaining and a really fun watch. Really addicting.

Love the throwbacks to the movies, too.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I'll be dissenting voice - I was disappointed with season 3 (still binged it in about 16 hour window including sleep) but feel like it didn't tell a complete story...it felt like I got to the halfway point to the season, if season 4 dropped in 2-3 months it would be fine, but a year?!?

Season 1 and 2 had complete stories.

I hated some very well rated movies (Lord of the Rings) for the same reason so maybe it is me.

Reactions: RRRRUUUU
I'll be dissenting voice - I was disappointed with season 3 (still binged it in about 16 hour window including sleep) but feel like it didn't tell a complete story...it felt like I got to the halfway point to the season, if season 4 dropped in 2-3 months it would be fine, but a year?!?

Season 1 and 2 had complete stories.

I hated some very well rated movies (Lord of the Rings) for the same reason so maybe it is me.
This is my one criticism

It’s entertaining and worth the binge but probably my least favorite of the three seasons. At times it felt like Saved By The Bell only with karate/violence as the theme. I started watching the series “Warrior” on HBO Max and it’s fantastic. I think it’s based on Bruce Lee’s memoirs and produced by his daughter. Production quality is amazing and it’s gotten great reviews. I highly recommend it.

GREAT GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!!! Love this series as it is so well done. i am almost done with season 3 now and just bring back so many memories
Cant agree with you more! It’s so well done because they do away with all the BS 95% of content producers include to be woke. In this series boys are boys, men are men, women are women, there are fight scenes where kids draw blood and get hurt, there are romantic undertones between males and females, only females go into the women’s rooms and no trannys! Best show on TV!

I'm on episode 8 currently, and I honestly think it sucks. I loved season 1. One of the best shows I've ever watched. This season is just ridiculous. The soccer scene was the worst scene in TV history. And now Miguel is just fine? Ridiculous.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I'm on episode 8 currently, and I honestly think it sucks. I loved season 1. One of the best shows I've ever watched. This season is just ridiculous. The soccer scene was the worst scene in TV history. And now Miguel is just fine? Ridiculous.
The more I think about it there were some ridiculous scenes. I think people get so caught up in the nostalgia that they give the poor writing/plot a free pass. Probably explains why I jumped to the Warrior on HBO Max and immediately got sucked into it with the high quality production and deep plots.

Reactions: LeapinLou
It is such a good series! This series format is so much better as the writers can really go into character development and show the multi-facetness of them characters in a realistic way.... that there is good and bad in everyone and their experiences that helped to shape them.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
Think some who are not liking the show need to take it for what it is worth. It is a fun to watch show, a bit campy at times which you have to laugh at. This season really gets into the back stories, which I loved. When this board has had topics of favorite lines from Movies/TV shows I am telling you I could fill a page just on these three seasons.

You could say that about so much of the show. The kid getting thrown threw the front window only getting a few scratches. No neighbor called the cops during the fight at the house. Only one kid thrown in Juvi etc etc.......

For me it does not take away from the show. It is almost like watching a magic show in Las Vegas. You know the tricks are not real yet you can still enjoy the act.

Think of it this way. What other show out there combines Comedy, Drama, Soap Opera like relationships, karate and bad ass 80’s music?

Reactions: Caliknight
The more I think about it there were some ridiculous scenes. I think people get so caught up in the nostalgia that they give the poor writing/plot a free pass. Probably explains why I jumped to the Warrior on HBO Max and immediately got sucked into it with the high quality production and deep plots.
It’s gone over pretty well for a Netflix series.It was not mean’t to be anything other than entertainment , somewhat funny, nostalgic and people who saw the originals probably understand this fact. So what if the writing is a bit cheesy. There is plenty of cheesy in TV in 2020-2021. The one character who is missed is the late Pat Morita , Mr.Miyagi. who played so many different parts and characters on the screen over time. Don’t take it too serious. Nobody is seeking an Oscar nomination only a paycheck and the hope young and old can think back to when life was not only more simple but much safer.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
It’s gone over pretty well for a Netflix series.It was not mean’t to be anything other than entertainment , somewhat funny, nostalgic and people who saw the originals probably understand this fact. So what if the writing is a bit cheesy. There is plenty of cheesy in TV in 2020-2021. The one character who is missed is the late Pat Morita , Mr.Miyagi. who played so many different parts and characters on the screen over time. Don’t take it too serious. Nobody is seeking an Oscar nomination only a paycheck and the hope young and old can think back to when life was not only more simple but much safer.
I don’t disagree that it’s entertaining. Heck, I binged it over the weekend. But, it’s just the typical low quality Netflix production. And it relies on nostalgia more than good writing. There is a major difference between a series like Cobra Kai and something like Succession (which I think is amazing in all respects).

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I don’t disagree that it’s entertaining. Heck, I binged it over the weekend. But, it’s just the typical low quality Netflix production. And it relies on nostalgia more than good writing. There is a major difference between a series like Cobra Kai and something like Succession (which I think is amazing in all respects).
I love both of those series. They each are their own animal. You know what you get for each one. It’s ok to like steak and shrimp.

Reactions: JMORC2003
Haven’t seen the third season yet but liked the first two and agree with the others that it should be taken for what it is not anything more. OTOH I didn’t like Succession at all and I was so wanting to like it. Watched the first season, didn’t like it and so didn’t continue with season 2. Best thing I liked about it was the opening music.

Just finished season 3, loved it. It was great and perfectly sets up season 4! Sure, it is lighthearted and silly, but it's entertaining and they did a wonderful job tying the series characters back to the movies without being too corny.

Great show!

Anybody else notice what looks like to be Mr. Miyagi's car in the flash back to the 60's diner episode? Is it possible in Season 4 we find out: Kreese ends up with it or the two of them knew each other way before the movie?

Last edited:
Anybody else notice Mr. Miyagi's car in the drive in episode? Is it possible in Season 4 we find out: Kreese ends up with it or the two of them knew each other way before the movie?
Don’t understand this, explain?
I’m finished with season 3 so you can spoil

Don’t understand this, explain?
I’m finished with season 3 so you can spoil
But others might not be so I will...

In the flashback to the 60's, the football player who Kreese gets in the fight with at the diner looks to be driving the car Daniel was given in the first movie. Thinking we might here more about that in Season 4. Or maybe I'm wrong and the car just looks like that one.

But others might not be so I will...

In the flashback to the 60's, the football player who Kreese gets in the fight with at the diner looks to be driving the car Daniel was given in the first movie. Thinking we might here more about that in Season 4. Or maybe I'm wrong and the car just looks like that one.
Got it, In the parking lot after the goon tripped him up with his bus boy bucket.
Didn’t notice car.
Gotta figure a Terry Silver return is in the works....I doubt he’ll be adverse to coming back to such a hokie, banal production.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Got it, In the parking lot after the goon tripped him up with his bus boy bucket.
Didn’t notice car.
Gotta figure a Terry Silver return is in the works....I doubt he’ll be adverse to coming back to such a hokie, banal production.
It was when the guy first pulls into the parking lot. Again, I could be wrong and it just looked like it. Guess we’ll see in Season 4.

Last edited:
The third year imo.
Is so fake, so hokie, so ridiculous, that it’s must see TV
Sam also gained at least 20 pounds.

Agree and love the show. Can't wait for season 4 as well.

Sam looked like she gained a few, then I saw the actress on a Netflix "after"-talk show and she looked like she was even thinner than in Season 2.

Not sure why other people are worried about the show's realism. The entire premise is ridiculous, there are kids getting thrown through windows and falling several stories over a railing, then fully healed and back up and fighting 3 episodes later...........just one of those Kicks/Punches to the face would cause blood/broken noses, eye sockets etc LOL.

Agree and love the show. Can't wait for season 4 as well.

Sam looked like she gained a few, then I saw the actress on a Netflix "after"-talk show and she looked like she was even thinner than in Season 2.

Not sure why other people are worried about the show's realism. The entire premise is ridiculous, there are kids getting thrown through windows and falling several stories over a railing, then fully healed and back up and fighting 3 episodes later...........just one of those Kicks/Punches to the face would cause blood/broken noses, eye sockets etc LOL.
I watched it too and thought it was awful.👎

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT