ADVERTISEMENT

OT:How do you like your burgers?

ditto. although I can deal with black and blue. anything more than medium rare is just dog meat.

I always used to be medium well, but I've gone down to medium recently.

But I like them loaded with toppings. Cheese, pickles, bacon, maybe an onion ring, etc.

It all depends. My favorite is medium well IF ITS COOKED CORRECTLY. Too many people smash the burger when they cook it getting rid of all of the juices. So many times I find myself ordering medium or even medium rare simply because I don't trust the person cooking the burger.

Medium-Rare to medium. Anywhere in that range. Love the burgers at 21 South in Jackson and the Landmark Inn in Glassboro.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

medium rare and that is also the only correct answer for anyone who really enjoys the taste of beef.

medium rare, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, raw onions, and ketchup

or

sauted onions/mushrooms, and bluecheese

Medium rare to medium. Steak always medium rare, anything more is like eating gravel.

Medium rare to rare. Favorite is with a slice of Taylor Ham and a fried egg on top. Throw on some cheese, onion, and lettuce and THAT is a burger!

if anyone is on Instagram or Twitter there's a group of Wall Street guys called the "GothamBurgerSocialClub" who meet once a month to try burgers & bourbon around the city. they then rate them and post up reviews and photos. the WSJ wrote a big article on them not too long ago. Medium rare is their temp of choice and their toppings widely vary.

I love the fact that they hold up a photo of a flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance before they sit down to every meal.

Rare to medium rare. And always with onions. I love onions. I eat them like apples sometimes.

Medium on toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and ketchup with a deli pickle on the side. Oh and cheese too. Doesn't matter what kind. I can do American, cheddar, swiss or provolone

Inch-to-an-inch-and-a-quarter thick, my meat rub on both sides, 4 minutes a side on the grill, medium rare.

Medium rare... though I won't send it back if it's rare or medium. Medium well is a ruined burger, generally.

When I traveled to Portland, Oregon, I was told in a place I went to eat that there's some local rule that says ground beef must be cooked to at least medium well. Which basically meant no burgers for me while in Portland.

Originally posted by RUChoppin:

When I traveled to Portland, Oregon, I was told in a place I went to eat that there's some local rule that says ground beef must be cooked to at least medium well. Which basically meant no burgers for me while in Portland.
Lots of places have that requirement, but usually they allow you to have it the way you request it.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
How about your fat percentage? Are you 70/30? 75/25? 80/20? 85/15? 90/10?
80/20 is perfect for Med-Rare. Quality of the meat is important here.

More fat than that is too greasy and less fat is too dry.

Why rare or medium rare?
I prefer medium & medium well is OK. it's like anything else, some people like vanilla & others chocolate ice cream. Everybody's taste is different, like with beer, vodka, or anything else.
Think it's more interesting where the best burger joints are located. Don't know about the Hillsborough Deli & how the MILFs like their meat, but I heard Frankie's in Point Pleasant is pretty good.

Eat them medium quite rare guys. There comes a time when you don't want to let the chance of getting an E-Coli or Salmonella infection,stop you from enjoying the full flavor of your Burger.

This post was edited on 4/16 1:16 PM by beaced

I always get my burgers well-done.

Ground beef can carry more microbes than straight-up cuts of steak, so it should be cooked a little longer. (I like my steaks medium well.)

Originally posted by LadyRU09:
I always get my burgers well-done.

Ground beef can carry more microbes than straight-up cuts of steak, so it should be cooked a little longer. (I like my steaks medium well.)
Meat murderer.

Originally posted by RUChoppin:
Medium rare... though I won't send it back if it's rare or medium. Medium well is a ruined burger, generally.

That is because of e coli contamination. The outside of steaks can be contaminated with the bacteria, but is killed when it hits the hot grill / pan. Ground beef can have the bacteria thoughout, so unless it is irradiated, it should be cooked to 160 degrees in the center to kill e coli.

100% Well done for me.

I know it is very trendy to eat raw or barely cooked food, but I simply do not like the taste of meat unless it is VERY cooked. If I put raw meat (beef, fish, whatever) in my mouth I gag.

I recognize other people do not have the same tastes as me and I am fine with that. I do wonder at people who think the way they like it is the only rational way to like something and therefore a different way is wrong.

Originally posted by TonyLieske:
100% Well done for me.

I know it is very trendy to eat raw or barely cooked food, but I simply do not like the taste of meat unless it is VERY cooked. If I put raw meat (beef, fish, whatever) in my mouth I gag.

I recognize other people do not have the same tastes as me and I am fine with that. I do wonder at people who think the way they like it is the only rational way to like something and therefore a different way is wrong.
It's called busting balls.

Medium well... But I do eat sushi/shashimi/whatever.....

SMALL... I like em small.. sliders. Hopefully seared on the outside yet juicy on the inside. Without getting into specialty stuff, I like fresh raw onion, LTM.. american cheese. Too much meat is a bad thing (that's what she said).

Medium well. 80/20 is a good level.
Cheddar cheese, pickles, bacon, spicy mustard, mayo, ketchup, fried egg, lettuce tomato.
And IMHO, it's better with thick seasoned fries.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57......... A full page and no one went Jimmy Buffet? Very surprised by that.

I'm a medium - always better in the summer with a fresh from the garden tomato, but a good burger is a basic American right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT