ADVERTISEMENT

OT: (Kinda PSA) - Amazon Deliveries at 4:30am

So you're saying I should get somebody else to open the package? 😀

200.gif

Or

dick in a box surprise GIF by Saturday Night Live

Could’ve been because I didn’t see a deliver vehicle, although it’s not easy to see the street from my first floor. Although I ordered pretty late the evening before. I was surprised next day didn’t mean the following day. So I don’t think it was missed by any vans or whatever.
That's even worse. A private car vs. Amazon marked van.

Reactions: mildone
Could’ve been because I didn’t see a deliver vehicle, although it’s not easy to see the street from my first floor. Although I ordered pretty late the evening before. I was surprised next day didn’t mean the following day. So I don’t think it was missed by any vans or whatever.
There is an overnight delievery option. I had a package outside at 6am a few weeks ago.

What does overnight by 8AM mean?

Amazon will even deliver packages while you sleep. If you select the "Overnight by 8AM," your order will arrive between 4:30AM and 8AM

Or like this..

a3m0ED0.jpg

Last edited:
We just got an Amazon delivery...never saw the delivery person.

There is an overnight delievery option. I had a package outside at 6am a few weeks ago.

What does overnight by 8AM mean?

Amazon will even deliver packages while you sleep. If you select the "Overnight by 8AM," your order will arrive between 4:30AM and 8AM

Or like this..

a3m0ED0.jpg
Thing is, while I ordered something that said next day delivery in the checkout page, it didnt' say by 8am or anything like that. I figured it'd be a "deliver by 10pm" kind of thing.

I really think they need to be certain that if a driver's gonna go onto people's property at 4:30 in the morning, they need to send an extra email to the customer about it and/or have the driver wear clothing that says "Amazon Delivery" or something. Just to protect the driver or prevent people from calling the cops for no good reason.

Reactions: Jm0513
Thing is, while I ordered something that said next day delivery in the checkout page, it didnt' say by 8am or anything like that. I figured it'd be a "deliver by 10pm" kind of thing.

I really think they need to be certain that if a driver's gonna go onto people's property at 4:30 in the morning, they need to send an extra email to the customer about it and/or have the driver wear clothing that says "Amazon Delivery" or something. Just to protect the driver or prevent people from calling the cops for no good reason.
Some kind of informational email/text would go a long way. I know plenty of people who would have a firearm in hand if someone is on their property at 4:30 am.

Reactions: Jm0513 and mildone
Some kind of informational email/text would go a long way. I know plenty of people who would have a firearm in hand if someone is on their property at 4:30 am.
I did. But I was also calm, alert, and prepared. And wasn’t leaping to conclusions. There wasn’t gonna be an accident.

Problem is not everybody would be calm in that situation.

Hell, even if I knew Amazon was doing these middle of the night deliveries, which I do now, the actions of this driver on camera screamed break-in. I think the guy was on my porch for 30 seconds or so.

So yeah, I’m gonna reach out to the local police, see if they want to maybe communicate something to Amazon about how they need to communicate better.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I did. But I was also calm, alert, and prepared. And wasn’t leaping to conclusions. There wasn’t gonna be an accident.

Problem is not everybody would be calm in that situation.

Hell, even if I knew Amazon was doing these middle of the night deliveries, which I do now, the actions of this driver on camera screamed break-in. I think the guy was on my porch for 30 seconds or so.

So yeah, I’m gonna reach out to the local police, see if they want to maybe communicate something to Amazon about how they need to communicate better.
Well said and you appropriately tended to a suspicious situation. The circumstances are quite odd with 30 seconds on the porch. Even though it was a scheduled delivery, I'd say report that activity to Amazon. Don't need delivery guys casing the joint if that was this person's intent. Usually our Amazon people frisbee toss the package farther than a Noah Vedral lob onto the stoop.

Same thing happened to me. My Ring app went off around 5am a few weeks ago. I looked at it and was able make out his Amazon vest. He was not in an Amazon van though. It was just a SUV. I can see this leading to a problem in the future sadly with someone who is unaware. I actually ordered something today and it says will be delivered tomorrow between 4am and 8am.

Reactions: Jm0513 and mildone
Well said and you appropriately tended to a suspicious situation. The circumstances are quite odd with 30 seconds on the porch. Even though it was a scheduled delivery, I'd say report that activity to Amazon. Don't need delivery guys casing the joint if that was this person's intent. Usually our Amazon people frisbee toss the package farther than a Noah Vedral lob onto the stoop.
Yeah, they usually put stuff at the top of the steps or maybe next to the door. This guy wandered the deck and then placed it all the way off to the side, under a stack of deck chairs.

He took a photo of it there which was sent with the delivery notice. So I think he was just being careful where he left it. But who knows. Was weird. I was watching feeds from elsewhere around the house to make sure he was alone, so missed him taking the photo.

Same thing happened to me. My Ring app went off around 5am a few weeks ago. I looked at it and was able make out his Amazon vest. He was not in an Amazon van though. It was just a SUV. I can see this leading to a problem in the future sadly with someone who is unaware. I actually ordered something today and it says will be delivered tomorrow between 4am and 8am.
Several of you mentioned seeing a notice that it would arrive between 4am and 8am. So I went back to double check the “shipped” email and I was wrong; I missed it, it did say that.

I rarely pay attention to the delivery times, so I guess I just overlooked it. But I think they need to make it stand out way more, maybe put it in subject line of email, too.

So at least they warned me. Still would’ve made me suspicious the way the guy wandered around.

I have had the 430 to 8am delivery a few times.....they do state that the item will be delivered at that time.....I have noticed that it is usually lower $ items as well as supplements etc that have been delivered in that window when it has happened to me.

Several of you mentioned seeing a notice that it would arrive between 4am and 8am. So I went back to double check the “shipped” email and I was wrong; I missed it, it did say that.

I rarely pay attention to the delivery times, so I guess I just overlooked it. But I think they need to make it stand out way more, maybe put it in subject line of email, too.

So at least they warned me. Still would’ve made me suspicious the way the guy wandered around.
he might have been looking for a good spot to put package that wouldn't be easily seen that from street, early in the morning.
Thinking you might not get up soon and someone might snatch package because it was still dark outside.
Porch pirates are a problen and some delivery drivers might think about that when placing the packages they deliver

Reactions: RU Golfer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT