ADVERTISEMENT

OT: McClung to the portal

Michigan with Belien would make no sense. Howard, not sure.

Eastern is a strange player. Thinking about him at RU and I am not sure on last years team how and where he would fit.

Reactions: RutgHoops
If you’ve never been to the Purdue message boards, they have some interesting stuff about him. His mom would post a lot of stuff there.

Going on a visit and not fitting in with a team's current players is a common thing. Whether it is the current players not feeling the recruit and telling their coaches or the recruit not feeling the current players. It happens frequently.

It only became "news" for McClung because he had already verbally committed to Rutgers. The lesson here is don't commit before visiting.

to refresh everyone else’s memory ...that was a football game weekend and there was a junior kid named Paul Mulcahy that took an unofficial visit that weekend, who really spent a lot of time with the coaching staff.

for what I heard, which makes sense....that didn’t sit so well with MM

McClung trying to set up a Bama visit. It looks like it’s all SEC schools throwing that bag at him. If Rutgers didn’t keep Shoes, the same circus would be going on with Corey Sanders in 2016.

Reactions: RUby RED
I couldn't care less where he goes. He didn't want to compete for a job at Ru. Maybe he hopes to be the next Pete Maravich in the SEC. I don't think he would fit into RU's team concept.

Reactions: RU82
McClung trying to set up a Bama visit. It looks like it’s all SEC schools throwing that bag at him. If Rutgers didn’t keep Shoes, the same circus would be going on with Corey Sanders in 2016.
Does the extraordinary success of Alabama football actually hurt Alabama basketball? Is the shadow just too big ?The arena looks fairly big. Don’t know about other facilities.

Does the extraordinary success of Alabama football actually hurt Alabama basketball? Is the shadow just too big? The arena looks fairly big. Don’t know about other facilities.
Alabama-Huntsville has D1 hockey.

250px-Aerial_view_of_Von_Braun_Center.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama–Huntsville_Chargers_men's_ice_hockey

As for the rest of you...No, I will not stop. LOL

Does the extraordinary success of Alabama football actually hurt Alabama basketball? Is the shadow just too big ?The arena looks fairly big. Don’t know about other facilities.
Nope.

If Oats is smart, and I think he is, he will use Alabama football to help him recruit. That's what Billy Donovan told me he did and it worked out for him.

Btw, Coleman Coliseum seats 15,316.

Spent quite a bit of time in Tuscaloosa. Hardly anyone cares about their basketball team and most of the students don’t even know when the basketball team is playing.. the top three sports down there are (in no particular order):

1. College Football
2. College Football
3. College Football.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
Alabama has had a pretty good recruiting year and should have a pretty decent team next year despite losing a few key players, including star PG Kira Lewis Jr and probably sharpshooter John Petty Jr....

Jahvon Quinerly will probably replace Lewis as starting PG this season. .. I assume McClung will have to sit a year like Quinerly did, but if he transfers to Alabama and by some chance is granted a waiver, watching Quinerly and McClung on the floor together should be interesting...

This board is the only place I've seen McClung/Alabama talk. Although, I am not following his situation closely. I have seen quite a bit of McClung/Tennessee talk (player development, parents able to attend games and his sister being at UT driving that).

Rick Barnes is a no-nonsense coach, who requires defense and team play....McClung wouldn't have survived more than a month playing team basketball at Tennessee....Texas Tech will toughen him up, Chris Beard will not tolerate his BS for very long.

My guess based on the 7, would be the most desperate and hungry program, Wake Forest...

Interesting. I ll guess he still goes SEC and ends up at either Auburn or Arkansas. I ll predict Auburn.
Steve Forbes has known McClung and his family for some time. He recruited him hard when he was at ETSU. McClung's family likes attending games and it would be easier to do that at Wake Forest than Auburn or Arkansas.

I wouldn't rule out the Demon Deacons on this one.

God please let this thread die now.

Last edited:
He wrote a letter to apply for immediate eligibility, we will see if it works.

Here's what he said: "It was a number of different events that made me feel I had no choice but to transfer from Georgetown. I really wanted to stay, but things throughout my career made me realize that I couldn't."

Why does this board have to be so negative? If this kid can improve on his defense and point guard skills he will have a chance at the NBA.

Maybe Texas Tech gives him the best chance to improve on those.

Reactions: Russ Wood
From an academic standpoint, why would anyone transfer from Georgetown to Texas Tech?

Reactions: wheezer
From an academic standpoint, why would anyone transfer from Georgetown to Texas Tech?

The academic end probably comes into play "maybe" 15% when dealing with all of the major college basketball players.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Texas Tech board feels the opposite. They're confident of a Coronavirus waiver for McClung and a championship date in Indianapolis.
Yea I was assuming mcclung would play. You dont win it all with a one dimensional ball hog. That's what mcclung is.

Yea I was assuming mcclung would play. You dont win it all with a one dimensional ball hog. That's what mcclung is.
He will have to change in order to be successful moving forward. Needs to be more of a facilitator and only play point guard. Also, he'll have to defend. If he doesn't defend he will be sitting at the end of Chris Beard's bench with the walk-ons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT