ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mulcahy UW comeback

ru-baby

All American
Aug 11, 2001
Just tied the game to send to ot. Were down 8 w about 2 mins to go. Good for him. Chance to win it but was key to comeback and got last shot

Career high 13 assists, 1 turnover. Game was lost in overtime and Washington scored 97 points. Paul did not play great in OT, but he certainly didn't clog up the offense as he was accused of by many of doing here.

Last edited:
San Diego State 100, UW 97

What a game!

UW got screwed at the end of OT. UW shooter was fouled on the arm on a 3-point attempt with a two seconds left. No call.

Mulcahy finished with 11 points, 13 assists (tied career-high), four rebounds and only one turnover.

Last edited:
Instrumental in comeback and scrappy D as always. Appears to be big part of flow. Good entertaining game

For the record, Paul was fouled with 0.1 time remaining in regulation with Washington down 1 point…. with a chance for a basketball version walk off he made one of two

Last edited:
OP thanks for posting, I liked the kid and it’s good to hear how he is doing.

PS - who is Spencer? 😉

He had a good game last night, but his other games so far he hasn’t done much. It’s what he is, someone that has a style that on some nights can work, but can be gameplanned against and limited fairly easily. I didn’t think he was all that good defensively last night either, probably benefitted a lot last year having Mag, Cliff and Caleb to help him out. Overall, he’s a decent player but not a star and not someone to constantly mention.

Not surprised RU/Big Ten players are dominating other conferences. The Pac plays soft basketball, if you took Pike’s exact team and all of a sudden put us in the Big East or Pac we’d dominate

Anyone at the game on Sat, notice when they were showing the people with jerseys on the jumbotron, a kid with a No. 4 jersey on got a boo? Wondering if Paul ever came back like Myles does will he get booed or cheered.

I watched a quarter of the game. Mulcahy looked good.
So did Spencer. Just such a heady player. Of course I am very disappointed he left but as Jay Williams said during the telecast "Just love watching how Cam Spencer plays the game" ..and I feel the same way. Sorry.

Folks are just going to have to learn not to click on the threads. Nobody is forcing you to. They were fan favorites and love how hard they both play.

I watched the game, interesting that UK Transfer Savir Wheeler is their primary ball handler and point guard bringing the ball up 90 percent of the time. Mulcahy is a wing play maker in the half Court. Exactly what he would’ve been asked to do this season at RU. Anyone who doesn’t see the need for that this year in our half court offense and how Paul couldve helped half court flow, does t know the game. The takes of him being slow are not impactful in the overall game. Ya think Cliff misses Paul’s play making and lobs? In 5 games I’d say so, don’t think Cliff has had a lob dunk yet in the half court.

Paul was 3-9 from floor. I know he had 13 assists but shooting has always been his cryptonite

Reactions: SBP
Nice, Paul! Sounds like a decent game. I think he found a better team that fits his skillet more based on what players/Pikiell wanted to potentially do here? I give PM credit for going out west and testing himself!

So did Spencer. Just such a heady player. Of course I am very disappointed he left but as Jay Williams said during the telecast "Just love watching how Cam Spencer plays the game" ..and I feel the same way. Sorry.

Folks are just going to have to learn not to click on the threads. Nobody is forcing you to. They were fan favorites and love how hard they both play.
Proves that Pike can spot talent, if nothing else

Gotta make both those foul shots.
Would have done a lot for his confidence
For his career Paul is a 75% FT shooter
In my opinion, he'll help Washing more using his BB IQ and heads up play distributing the ball, more than his shooting (FG &FT)

He's not playing for RU anymore so this miss hurts the Dogs, not the Scarlet Knights.
But after giving his all during his Rutgers days, it would have been nice to see Paul be more of a hero this game by making both shots than making one of the two and look like a goat ( Failed when needed the most and not the greatest of all time type of GOAT)

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Gotta top our caps to the 13 assists. Pretty amazing stat.

Honestly I’m very happy with our 19 team assists last game and how they were spread out. We have multiple guys who can score and multiple guys who can dish. Love it.

Reactions: RUDivision
Gotta make both those foul shots.
Would have done a lot for his confidence
What's harder...getting a bunt down in the 9th with a runner on 2nd and 0 outs against lee Smith (or Steve Rogers with no outs and a runner on 1st) OR banging 2 FTs with no time left?

Both are easy from our couch, but not easy with the game on the line.

Last edited:
I watched the game, interesting that UK Transfer Savir Wheeler is their primary ball handler and point guard bringing the ball up 90 percent of the time. Mulcahy is a wing play maker in the half Court. Exactly what he would’ve been asked to do this season at RU. Anyone who doesn’t see the need for that this year in our half court offense and how Paul couldve helped half court flow, does t know the game. The takes of him being slow are not impactful in the overall game. Ya think Cliff misses Paul’s play making and lobs? In 5 games I’d say so, don’t think Cliff has had a lob dunk yet in the half court.

I mean, yeah, Captain Obvious. How many times do we have to go over this. It's ponderous. He was asked to play off the ball, melted down, and entered the portal. When other teams pointed out that this would be his role, he tried to slink back with his tail between his legs and there was no longer room at the Inn. What's your point?

Reactions: RUDivision
What's harder...getting a bunt down in the 9th with a runner on 2nd and 0 outs against lee Smith (or Steve Rogers with no outs and a runner on 1st) OR banging 2 FTs with no time left?

Both are easy from our couch, but not easy with the game on the line.
For me the bunt would be easier.
In general, given the situations you described involving players from the highest level….Overall I’d say the bunt would be easier.
Pitchers who know your bunting will take the out and make it easier for you.
It’s the next guy up with men on 2nd and 3rd one out, or the guy after him if they intentionally walk the next guy to load the bases who has the pressure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Greenie, my post saying gotta make two and be the hero was based solely on rooting for Paul as a human being.
I sit directly behind the bench when I go to games and saw what I thought was a near nervous breakdown from Paul last year.
I’m just rooting for him as a person

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT