ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they truly believed they would have recommended it by the summer...but of course they needed a reason to explain why cases were still exploding despite mask mandates

if they do really believe it then how many lives did they kill by not saying this for a year
I'll just copy and paste as I feel my post answered these questions.

I'd say wearing 2 masks would likely be more effective, but not enough of a difference to make a mandate necessary. I'd also say, as evidenced by this thread, there would find too much public push back. It would also not stop the spread from maskless interactions, which is most likely the most common cause of spread.

I don't care how many times you repeat it, NO ONE KNOWS what can happen a year, five years down the road, so stop with the zero, anything! Pregnant women advised not to take it, how about the husbands? The jury is still out even on that basic human function.
And I don't care how many times you deny it, but the risk of long-term serious side effects, while not absolute zero, are, as I said, extraordinarily low. There is currently no vaccine that has significant long-term side effects greater than 1 in 1MM (and most are much less) and no ingredients in the COVID vaccine that would be likely to have long-term side serious effects, so while you can hide under your bed afraid of demons and ghosts, the rest of us would prefer you listen to the people who know science and roll up your sleeves and help get rid of this pandemic.

Also, you're spreading misinformation again. Pregnant women have not been advised to not take the vaccine - they've simply been advised to check with their doctors first - odds are quite good the vaccines are safe for pregnant women and while they weren't part of the clinical trials, no unusual observations have been seen in pregnant women who were vaccinated so far.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/pregnancy.html

Reactions: fsg2 and RUtix4me
Heard just this week of a women who asked her employer to wait a few months to take the vaccine while still adhering to all the rules of masks, distancing and the washing of hands as she and husband were planning on a child. Of course the employer fired her. Now the issue will be litigated. Another issue is on those Navy ships with infected sailors. In my time serving in the military we had no choice in whether to take vaccines or opt out. There was no opt out. Any updates from any recent military personnel about refusing shots as an acceptable choice?

Reactions: bac2therac
Heard just this week of a women who asked her employer to wait a few months to take the vaccine while still adhering to all the rules of masks, distancing and the washing of hands as she and husband were planning on a child. Of course the employer fired her. Now the issue will be litigated. Another issue is on those Navy ships with infected sailors. In my time serving in the military we had no choice in whether to take vaccines or opt out. There was no opt out. Any updates from any recent military personnel about refusing shots as an acceptable choice?
Military personnel refusing to take the vaccine should be administratively punished (courts martial) and dishonorably discharged. The military is NOT a democracy.

Military personnel refusing to take the vaccine should be administratively punished (courts martial) and dishonorably discharged. The military is NOT a democracy.
Exactly West Point Knight how they are allowed to go unvaccinated is puzzling. I spoke to my brother who served at the time back in Vietnam while I was stationed state side. He said”WTF “ is with that? It was you‘re getting this , that today be there at 0900 hrs.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I don't care how many times you repeat it, NO ONE KNOWS what can happen a year, five years down the road, so stop with the zero, anything! Pregnant women advised not to take it, how about the husbands? The jury is still out even on that basic human function.
I take it you eat a 100% organic diet, with no processed foods? No Hot Dogs, no chicken fingers, no restaurants that arent 100% organic. The crap most people put in their stomach including on a daily basis me, has more potential for long term effects than this vaccine.

i also assume once the wife iis pregnant and the deed is done, the father’s physical state is not correlated.

and yet have died following the vaccine, accelerating their deaths, not because of the vaccine but really interesting to find the differences on how covid finishing off people and a number of cases where the vaccine finished off people are looked at
In 5 years we'll know, maybe.

I take it you eat a 100% organic diet, with no processed foods? No Hot Dogs, no chicken fingers, no restaurants that arent 100% organic. The crap most people put in their stomach including on a daily basis me, has more potential for long term effects than this vaccine.

i also assume once the wife iis pregnant and the deed is done, the father’s physical state is not correlated.
So you don't think there should be follow up study's of father's that got vaccinated and the level of birth defects in their children?

So you don't think there should be follow up study's of father's that got vaccinated and the level of birth defects in their children?
Vacinated after their wives are pregnant no, But I never said there should No follow up research. Ive answered your question, how about mine regarding your diet? I assume zero processed foods, correct?

In 5 years we'll know, maybe.
So you risk a disease with known long term effects, eat processed food with known research on the damage it causes, but wont take a shot where there isnt 100% proof? Got it, your life risk decisions are interesting. Like saying i wont fly because i am afraid of crashes, but I love to parachute

I hate the surgical masks because when I breathe in, they collapse into my mouth essentially, and it feels like my breath is restricted. I have a few masks made of the thicker fabrics the fabric stores were giving out for free in April, and they're strong enough that I don't push and pull the shape of the fabric just by breathing hard. I don't know if that helps with your problem.
Yeah I have tried many and they all suck for cardio. The thicker masks are better for the issue you described but less air comes in. Either way i can’t breathe well. I wonder if I will have long term breathing issues from wearing the masks?

Someone told me the Under Armor masks keep the mask off of your nose allowing more air in from the top. Anyone using them that can comment?

I’ll be back to my outdoor activities sooner rather than later but hoping we get away from masks at some point. Very few people wear masks when even just walking outdoors. Those on bikes or running are even fewer in number. This is what I have observed since March. The worst months of this virus spread were on the Winter and I saw more people wearing masks outdoors during the spread (November through January). They are back off again even more than last spring and the mask shaming has also gone away. People with masks say hello to me and I stay out of their space since I know they have a reason or are just scared. It’s common sense and human decency.

So you risk a disease with known long term effects, eat processed food with known research on the damage it causes, but wont take a shot where there isnt 100% proof? Got it, your life risk decisions are interesting. Like saying i wont fly because i am afraid of crashes, but I love to parachute
I’m actually less concerned with the disease than I am with processed foods. I’m not afraid of any vaccines. Also not afraid of flying and probably would not parachute lol.

Does anyone have a strategy to get/signup for a specific vaccine.
I am interested in the J&J version. Wondering if someone has figured it out.

I’m actually less concerned with the disease than I am with processed foods. I’m not afraid of any vaccines. Also not afraid of flying and probably would not parachute lol.
I bet you have a great chiropractor too.

Does anyone have a strategy to get/signup for a specific vaccine.
I am interested in the J&J version. Wondering if someone has figured it out.
In Massachusetts it is easy, each location has what shot is being administered before you book

Yeah I have tried many and they all suck for cardio. The thicker masks are better for the issue you described but less air comes in. Either way i can’t breathe well. I wonder if I will have long term breathing issues from wearing the masks?

Someone told me the Under Armor masks keep the mask off of your nose allowing more air in from the top. Anyone using them that can comment?

I’ll be back to my outdoor activities sooner rather than later but hoping we get away from masks at some point. Very few people wear masks when even just walking outdoors. Those on bikes or running are even fewer in number. This is what I have observed since March. The worst months of this virus spread were on the Winter and I saw more people wearing masks outdoors during the spread (November through January). They are back off again even more than last spring and the mask shaming has also gone away. People with masks say hello to me and I stay out of their space since I know they have a reason or are just scared. It’s common sense and human decency.
That’s exactly what I have witnessed and by being able to get out and around daily I have posted the same about masks outside, in cars and more wearing them in winter than in warmer temps. Due for some upcoming warming weather so we will see. The mask issue was mishandled on all levels and made a political folly starting with the Fauci confusion early on. Make no mistake it caused a rift between groups and the media led the way ...not in a good way either. If I were in a large group setting I would wear an N 95 but not 2 or 3 on top. There are no factual proofs even after all these postings that masks 100% work.

Why would someone running or cycling wear a mask?

The Under Armor masks are decent. They do have a wire on top to form around your nose, but I find that you have to keep adjusting it because it kind of flattens out over time and then you get that gap up top. It’s still my favorite mask for working out, although for cardio I just use a gaiter that I know doesn’t provide a ton of filtration, but there is usually enough room in my gym anyway for decent social distancing.

Do you know how absurd that question is? Unless there's some kind of valve, more air in means more breath out. Kindve defeats the purpose.

I like going to the gym late at night. The 9oclock crew doesnt care about makes, most wear them under their nose. I got a mile in on the treadmill last week, completely maskless. Just a few other guys around, nobody cared. Sub seven, pretty happy bout that too.

Do you know how absurd that question is? Unless there's some kind of valve, more air in means more breath out. Kindve defeats the purpose.

I like going to the gym late at night. The 9oclock crew doesnt care about makes, most wear them under their nose. I got a mile in on the treadmill last week, completely maskless. Just a few other guys around, nobody cared. Sub seven, pretty happy bout that too.
So you’re okay with wearing it under your nose or going maskeless but think it’s absurd if others want to be able to breathe better? Rules for thee but not for me right?

I prefer maskless so I’m just asking what works best.

Why would someone running or cycling wear a mask?

I have no idea!

You can't get it from walking pass someone on the sidewalk, unless they have it and sneeze right on you. If you are running or biking it is almost impossible to get it unless you stop and talk to someone who has it for a long enough period of time.

I have seen people wear masks while driving alone... so. Like I have seen on this thread there is a ton of misinformation out there.

Masks are IMPORTANT, socially distance works even better. Masks are good when you can't socially distance.

So you’re okay with wearing it under your nose or going maskeless but think it’s absurd if others want to be able to breathe better? Rules for thee but not for me right?

I prefer maskless so I’m just asking what works best.
No, I'm just asking why you are bothering with a pointless exercise. You can do whatever you want, I'm no authoritarian.

No, I'm just asking why you are bothering with a pointless exercise. You can do whatever you want, I'm no authoritarian.
Now you are contradicting yourself a second time. Ever think about getting into politics? Lol.

I don’t want to wear a mask working out. But the gym has rules so I’m asking the group what works best for them. Calling that absurd made you seem like an authoritarian but I think you just want no masks which many of us do. Until that time I want the best mask that doesn’t hurt my lungs long term. Not being able to breathe seems like a health hazard to me. Still think that’s absurd?

Reactions: RUJohnny
Had Covid 3 months ago; should I be getting the vaccine now (if i could be an appointment) or should i wait? (and if so, how long)

FYI- i do travel a little bit.

Vacinated after their wives are pregnant no, But I never said there should No follow up research. Ive answered your question, how about mine regarding your diet? I assume zero processed foods, correct?
1st off, vaccinated BEFORE they got their wives pregnant, what would getting vaccinated after they got their wives pregnant prove as far as possible birth defects? geez. I assume your question about processed foods was you just being a smart ass, not deserving of an answer. Maybe birth defects are from the hundreds of above ground nuclear tests our government was still doing in the late 40's,50's and 60's, 3 Mile Island ,Chernobyl and the Fukushima disaster poisonings the worlds food supply? I'd say processed foods takes a back seat- way back to that $hit. Yea, I LOVE my processed foods, and go for that extra burnt beef coming of my grill. Oh, I love the bacon coated in caramelized brown sugar on my burgers to boot. But here I am, soon to be 66 with no health issues other than a bum knee from HS football. So with that said, I'm not trading my health away with any of these vaccines rushed to market, sorry.PS. That is my personnel right and decision, and no one browbeating me is gonna change that.

Last edited:
Had Covid 3 months ago; should I be getting the vaccine now (if i could be an appointment) or should i wait? (and if so, how long)

FYI- i do travel a little bit.
Just get vaccinated when it’s your turn and convenient. No need to rush and be checking for slots every day, though.

1st off, vaccinated BEFORE they got their wives pregnant, what would getting vaccinated after they got their wives pregnant prove as far as possible birth defects? geez. I assume your question about processed foods was you just being a smart ass, not deserving of an answer. Maybe birth defects are from the hundreds of above ground nuclear tests our government was still doing in the late 40's,50's and 60's, 3 Mile Island ,Chernobyl and the Fukushima disaster poisonings the worlds food supply?
No I am not being a smart ass. There are many things in this world people,do of greater risk than get this vaccine without thinking. They then get up on a soapbox and preach how evil this might be, when they have facts of evil things already in their day to day, yet ignore them......pretty simple ignore what we know, then disregard some thing where we are told it is safe....

processed foods kill.

1st off, vaccinated BEFORE they got their wives pregnant, what would getting vaccinated after they got their wives pregnant prove as far as possible birth defects? geez. I assume your question about processed foods was you just being a smart ass, not deserving of an answer. Maybe birth defects are from the hundreds of above ground nuclear tests our government was still doing in the late 40's,50's and 60's, 3 Mile Island ,Chernobyl and the Fukushima disaster poisonings the worlds food supply? I'd say processed foods takes a back seat- way back to that $hit. Yea, I LOVE my processed foods, and go for that extra burnt beef coming of my grill. Oh, I love the bacon coated in caramelized brown sugar on my burgers to boot. But here I am, soon to be 66 with no health issues other than a bum knee from HS football. So with that said, I'm not trading my health away with any of these vaccines rushed to market, sorry.

This post accurately sums up just how clueless you are.

The idea that you are going to live longer by not eating certain foods is another overdone topic. Though this thinking eating only healthy foods will allow you to live many long years is comforting the reality is it’s not a given. We will all eventually die. I like an occasional hotdog with mustard , relish and kraut, a good salami or pepperoni and provolone cheese sub, a steak on the grill , a burger with fries, fried chicken and Mac n cheese .Bacon n eggs and certainly grilled cheese and tomato soup. I am going on 71 ( soon) and actually in pretty good shape both verified by my latest physical and full work up. I have always followed this advice from my late father. Eat good and in moderation. Don’t deprive yourself if you like something .Don’t overindulge in alcohol. Drink to enjoy and not to see if you can drink your problems away. Don’t smoke ” it will kill you”. And keep moving and that was long before medicine promoted this for health. Those who tell others how they should eat ONLY what they suspect to be healthy may mean well but just from reading this board for years very few actually follow all the “ healthy “ rules and advice.

Oh good, we’ve reached the point in this thread that people are now arguing the relationship between diet and health

WHAT??? 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
What is your favorite fast food Chicken Sandwich in the current” battle of the fried chicken sandwich.”... Still going with Popeyes , Chick Fil a , have not tried Wendy’s new one or Mac Donald’s

Hospitalizations ticked up by 16,but that may be only a byproduct of way fewer discharges on the weekend.I know that I had to wait until a Monday in 2013 at Clara Maas.We'll see by Saturday's total reflecting Friday's numbers.

are you tested everyday...how do you know that there are not tons of asymptomatics...your analysis so is sciency science

there’s over 120 people working here it’s not a tiny operation. It’s not hard science but that would be 95% asymptomatic infections. There’s no social distancing. There’s been cases but if masks didn’t work then every person at my company would’ve had it.

Hospitalizations ticked up by 16,but that may be only a byproduct of way fewer discharges on the weekend.I know that I had to wait until a Monday in 2013 at Clara Maas.We'll see by Saturday's total reflecting Friday's numbers.
Always fewer, Mondays almost always are a plateau or slight uptick day. Especially this week after we had major drops reported over the weekend.

I would venture an educated guess on the average price for a weekly grocery basket based upon a family of 4 in 2020-2021. Since I know the industry still well today (though retired ) I still remain in touch with many who still work in the business . Taking on the rise in costs of grocery , frozen foods, dari-deli, seafood, meats, haba / non food and prepared foods the average family is probably spending in the range of $ 200- 275 per week easily. The pandemic drove that up as we know. If you buy more meat , fish and prepared items you could easily reach $ 300 -325 per week. If you also are counting in alcohol ( beer-wine- hard liquor ) then $ 400 + is looking better. You need to be a smart shopper and watch for weekly sales. Not all sales are equal and there are reasons why my former company still is the largest co-op in the USA. Volume creates , more traffic and lower costs for the consumer. Tip #1 shop at several stores . Have a main store but when you see an item for a lower price be an educated shopper go there. It is good in doing that. Tip #2 most supermarket execs would tell you they would do that as well go for the best $$$$ . You maintain loyalty to your primary store and actually help create competition to help keep prices down. I like to compare it to team player competitions in sports. It makes you better at what you do. Never fear the competition : respect them yes : fear them no. Tip # 3 : be sure if you need to go out of your area for any distances that the cost of transportation is not costing you that better sale price. After reading these claims on what families are spending it makes us glad my 2 grown sons are long gone and on their own. Good luck and be a smart and educated shopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT