ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Augh - Chytil back skating with the team today and suffers a major setback. Post calling it a frightening scene and sources saying it's related to upper body injury that had sidelined him.

Terrible for the kid. People were speculating he could be one hit away from being done but he actually might be done.

EDIT: Sseems reports mixed and it could be non contact injury. Same impact to team but I suppose different impact for him.

At this point, might be best for the Rangers to send him home for the year. They can re-evaluate in the summer. IF he ever plays again, this recovery time is extremely important; do it right, no shortcuts. There is life after hockey.

I think everyone needs to start accepting the very strong possibility that Chytil has played his last game of professional hockey.

I think everyone needs to start accepting the very strong possibility that Chytil has played his last game of professional hockey.
He was out for a month and was apparently on the ice in a non-contact jersey with only 2 other players when got hurt. I don’t see any way he plays this year if ever again Based on this.

3 different coaches now, same old divas on this team. It ain’t happening with this group. The sooner everyone realizes that, the quicker we can move on.

Reactions: CHOPU and KK1827
Igor is awful this year. I finally feel what the devs fans have felt for more than a decade
Maybe he just needs to bang his sister in law. Pretty sure Marty won a couple cups after he became Uncle Daddy.

Igor is awful this year. I finally feel what the devs fans have felt for more than a decade
Hey KK finally posts on the rags thread . Midgets been trolling the devils thread for months. You would think Mr know it all would have solved the rags sinking ship by now . He sure has a lot to say about the devils

3 different coaches now, same old divas on this team. It ain’t happening with this group. The sooner everyone realizes that, the quicker we can move on.

There should be no question that playing with a preferred linemate is out. If you can't score 5 v. 5, it's much harder to score in playoffs, so as currently constituted, this is a one and done team. The only player dangerous night in night out is Panarin, and we know how he struggles in the tighter space, playoff hockey.

After the break, Coach should issue a challenge to the players, accountability is a necessity, and not opposed to shipping out a bunch of veterans. There is youth, so this current window might be closing, but think a re-tooling through the draft might open a new one.

With Igor's recent play, missing the playoffs is possible.

Hey KK finally posts on the rags thread . Midgets been trolling the devils thread for months. You would think Mr know it all would have solved the rags sinking ship by now . He sure has a lot to say about the devils
i think the rangers needs to blow up the core. The devs problem is their core is both young soft locked up and stinks. The rangers just are soft and stink.

Both teams suck, rangers suck less

i think the rangers needs to blow up the core. The devs problem is their core is both young soft locked up and stinks. The rangers just are soft and stink.

Both teams suck, rangers suck less
You’ve been barking about the coaching issue for a year now . What with the sudden change

You’ve been barking about the coaching issue for a year now . What with the sudden change
Gallant was an awful coach because, well, he didnt coach. Well documented.

But our core is soft as shit. They simply dont care enough about hockey. Roster needs to be turned on its head this offseason

Real solid win tonight against a Cup contender. Valiquette calling for Quick to be the “#1 goaltender until proven otherwise” is aggressive. Trying to light a fire under Shesterkin?

Gallant was an awful coach because, well, he didnt coach. Well documented.

But our core is soft as shit. They simply dont care enough about hockey. Roster needs to be turned on its head this offseason
I don’t know how anyone can watch the Zibanejad line sleep through game after game at even strength and believe the Rangers are a contender this year.

Then, you add in what the loss of Chytil did to the center depth and a few of the defensemen not having their best years and it is hard to see them winning a round against our potential opponents.

I don’t know how anyone can watch the Zibanejad line sleep through game after game at even strength and believe the Rangers are a contender this year.

Then, you add in what the loss of Chytil did to the center depth and a few of the defensemen not having their best years and it is hard to see them winning a round against our potential opponents.
The Metro is pretty mediocre. If I’m the NYR, I’m not sure if I mind ceding the 1st to CAR and NOT have to play TBL/TML in the first. Better to take your chances against whatever MET teams limps into 3rd.

The Metro is pretty mediocre. If I’m the NYR, I’m not sure if I mind ceding the 1st to CAR and NOT have to play TBL/TML in the first. Better to take your chances against whatever MET teams limps into 3rd.
The Devils with Hughes rolling in the playoffs will not resemble the team they have iced recently, and the Rangers are the one team that makes their goaltending look good.

Last edited:

The zib contract is much like the timo contract with the devs. Both awful contracts

The Devils with Hughes rolling in the playoffs will not resemble the team they have nicked recently, and the Rangers are the one team that makes their goaltending look good.
Maybe. TBH - it would be great to have another local PO series, we have so few any more. My dream would to have all 4 locals in and let them all bang heads.

Regardless, still feel that the ATL PO teams are stronger than any of them.

Maybe. TBH - it would be great to have another local PO series, we have so few any more. My dream would to have all 4 locals in and let them all bang heads.

Regardless, still feel that the ATL PO teams are stronger than any of them.
Toronto will underachieve as usual, most likely due to goaltending. I will never count Tampa out until that core is gone, and Florida will benefit a lot from the experience they gained last year.

Reactions: RU Cheese

The only thing I'm clinging to is the hope that Mika's tendency to get streaky comes into play. If he slumps for 80 games maybe he can turn it on for 20?

Jokes aside, this is the most worried I've been in forever regarding the trade deadline. Petrified of Drury making a stupid move AND overpaying in massive way.

Toronto will underachieve as usual, most likely due to goaltending. I will never count Tampa out until that core is gone, and Florida will benefit a lot from the experience they gained last year.
I agree with all of that. IMO TML are NJD north. They have just been doing it longer. If you can’t play with the devs, you can’t play with the leafs either. Still, just like last year, the road to the finals goes through that division.

The only thing I'm clinging to is the hope that Mika's tendency to get streaky comes into play. If he slumps for 80 games maybe he can turn it on for 20?

Jokes aside, this is the most worried I've been in forever regarding the trade deadline. Petrified of Drury making a stupid move AND overpaying in massive way.
I have been pretty numb to Ranger trade possibilities since I saw someone point out the other day that the Buchnevich trade (which I hated from the beginning and have never wavered from) has so far turned out to be:

Rangers get -a 2nd pick and a 4th round pick (which we got for sending Blais back to STL)

Rangers give- Buchnevich, the two 1st round picks we traded away at the last 2 deadlines to fill the hole left by dealing Buchnevich, and what ever we trade away this year because we still have the hole at RW.

I have been pretty numb to Ranger trade possibilities since I saw someone point out the other day that the Buchnevich trade (which I hated from the beginning and have never wavered from) has so far turned out to be:

Rangers get -a 2nd pick and a 4th round pick (which we got for sending Blais back to STL)

Rangers give- Buchnevich, the two 1st round picks we traded away at the last 2 deadlines to fill the hole left by dealing Buchnevich, and what ever we trade away this year because we still have the hole at RW.
I'm not articulate enough to express how much I hate the contents of that post.

I'm not articulate enough to express how much I hate the contents of that post.
Sorry to hear ozempic is hurting cheese sales nationwide. Must be a tough time for you.

Don't follow the NHL game but saw a stat on TV that the rangers have won just 1 Stanley cup in 84 years. Is that for real? Weren't there like 6 teams and no salary cap for much of their history?

also read the devs and islanders have combined for 8 cups since 1980 to the rangers 1 and lundqvist won none. How is that possible?

-uniformed hockey fan

That post made me look... Sammy Blais went 0-9-9 in 54 games as a Ranger. Gets traded back to STL and turns it on 9-11-20 in 31 games. At least he's come back to earth and is measly 1-6-7 in 39 games.

Do you elevate Quick to goalie #1 or just ride him while he is hot? Hopefully Igor gets his head right for the playoffs or next year.

Igor gets his first shutout of the season in beating the Flames last night. The Rangers have now won 5 in a row and their defense has picked up since Kakko's return .

Make that six wins a row for the Rangers. 5 on 5 woke up last night. Kreider had a hat trick. They are back within a point of Florida and Boston for first overall.

Wheeler left the game with a knee injury last night . Looked major. I kind of think that's addition by subtraction. He's was going to be the odd man out when the Rangers acquire Tarasenko or Vatrano or another first line RW.

Last edited:
Make that six wins a row for the Rangers. 5 on 5 woke up last night. Kreider had a hat trick. They are back within a point of Florida and Boston for first overall.

Wheeler left the game with a knee injury last night . Looked major. I kind of think that's addition by subtraction. He's was going to be the odd man out when the Rangers acquire Tarasenko or Vatrano or another first line RW.
Dont agree. Wheeler had a really slow start but has picked things up and added a more physical / playoff element. I would've preferred him over Vatrano (whose ability to put up some points on a really bad team has created amnesia on what he is as a player) and what Tank will ultimately cost.

Wheeler out remainder of the season. Next man up.

Have to find a RW that works for Kreider and Mika; too many non factor games. Excluding last night of course.

Wheeler out remainder of the season. Next man up.

Have to find a RW that works for Kreider and Mika; too many non factor games. Excluding last night of course.
It’s pretty sad that two supposedly first line players using up $15 million of our cap need the right winger to get them going.

Reactions: RU Cheese
It’s pretty sad that two supposedly first line players using up $15 million of our cap need the right winger to get them going.
Beat me to it. They don't need a RW (unless Buchnevich returns) but simply need to be much more assertive and better in general.

Rempe dropping the gloves against Martin right away. He brought more physicality to the team before a single puck drops than Reaves did in a year and a half.

And yet — Rangers defense and goaltending sucks. 3-1 Isles less than 8 minutes into the game. Disgustingly sloppy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM94goRU
Wow big number 73 is very impressive! If Coach PL keeps this Goodrow line together, they could be the Legion of Doom Line 2.O! I haven't seen Martin dominated like that before.

Long game, the schedule sucks this year. It is ridiculous the NYI have been off since Tuesday IMO.

Rangers are missing

1) crease clearing dman
2) a frank vatrano type to play on mika’s RW

Idk if theyll even try for #1 but we’ll see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT