ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really made Snell work tonight and it hurt us.

BoMel made some questionable moves IMO with the bullpen. Martinez and Morejon are both studs, but they had a rough September. Really would have liked to see Tim Hill extend this game a bit.

Oh well. Bassitt vs Musgrove, I think it was always going to come down to this matchup.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
200w.gif

Reactions: FrankZ
My post game thoughts to my Padres group chat:

Fools gold tonight gentleman. Mets lineup made Snell work a little too hard early in the game forcing BoMel to go to the bullpen sooner than we’d like.

BoMels decisions cost us the game. Martinez and Morejon have both been great for us, but they’ve both had a tough September. He needed to turn to Tim Hill or Garcia to get us through that middle part.

Also have to give buck credit for having the balls to go to Diaz in the 7th, I did not think it would work out for the Metropolitans, but it did.

Oh well, to game 3 we go! Musgrove vs Bassitt. I’ve been saying all year long, if it’s an elimination game I want Java Joe on the bump. It means more to him than anyone else on this team, and that batters. Coaches corner, signing out from Denver, CO.

Great game fellas, we’ve got ourselves a series.

Really bummed we didn’t get 5 games for this matchup at minimum. Tomorrow night is going to be crazy.

Back from game. Left at end of eight (train connections and all) in blissful ignorance of the ninth inning scare to which all of you were subjected.

Reactions: FrankZ
Not quite sure why postseason games take forever, but they do. Four hours and thirteen minutes for an 8 1/2 inning game. Looking forward to the pitch clock next year.

Back from game. Left at end of eight (train connections and all) in blissful ignorance of the ninth inning scare to which all of you were subjected.
It's a good thing you missed that 9th inning...Heart Attack Inning !

Was it cold? People in stands were bundled up.

I was at Game 1 (and it got cool at night) but did not go for Game 2.

Thanks.

It's a good thing you missed that 9th inning...Heart Attack Inning !

Was it cold? People in stands were bundled up.

I was at Game 1 (and it got cool at night) but did not go for Game 2.

Thanks.
I was one of the people who was bundled up, and therefore was not cold. It was cool but dressable. Wind died down, which helped a lot.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Tonight will be a struggle. Both pitchers are near the top in Quality starts. Probably comes down to one or 2 innings of offense and which bullpen performs best. https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/play.../2/table/pitching/sort/qualityStarts/dir/desc
Possible. Padres bullpen -‘a la Hader and Suarez - are fully rested and ours has been extended a la
Diaz and Ottavino. I fully expect Diaz to pitch an inning so tonight’s bridge may be Bassitt / Walker / Lugo / Diaz.
Musgrove is a real good pitcher but down the stretch he was nothing special.
Just hope Bassitt pitches well and offense is the same as last night !

Possible. Padres bullpen -‘a la Hader and Suarez - are fully rested and ours has been extended a la
Diaz and Ottavino. I fully expect Diaz to pitch an inning so tonight’s bridge may be Bassitt / Walker / Lugo / Diaz.
Musgrove is a real good pitcher but down the stretch he was nothing special.
Just hope Bassitt pitches well and offense is the same as last night !
I also worry about Bassitt, since down the stretch he's looked spent. Nice to have Walker back on the playoff roster, I just hope he isn't brought in because Bassitt explodes. At this point give us 4+ then Walker and take it into the 9th.⚾

I also worry about Bassitt, since down the stretch he's looked spent. Nice to have Walker back on the playoff roster, I just hope he isn't brought in because Bassitt explodes. At this point give us 4+ then Walker and take it into the 9th.⚾
It’s all hands on deck tonight and Buck will need to be quick to pull Bassitt if he falters and or gets tired. I think you’re right with hopefully Bassitt giving us 4-5 innings then maybe Walker and then hopefully to Diaz to close out game.

After the crushing losses on Friday night decided to shutdown scoreboard and TV watching. Did not check any scores until late last night.

2 Pleasant surprises … Mets won and FH beat 3rd ranked NW who are the defending NCAA champs. I must bring bad luck when I go in person or watch on TV.

Going to do the same today and hope to read about Mets, Soccer and WSoccer victories late tonight.

It’s all hands on deck tonight and Buck will need to be quick to pull Bassitt if he falters and or gets tired. I think you’re right with hopefully Bassitt giving us 4-5 innings then maybe Walker and then hopefully to Diaz to close out game.
100% agree. LFGM!!

After the crushing losses on Friday night decided to shutdown scoreboard and TV watching. Did not check any scores until late last night.

2 Pleasant surprises … Mets won and FH beat 3rd ranked NW who are the defending NCAA champs. I must bring bad luck when I go in person or watch on TV.

Going to do the same today and hope to read about Mets, Soccer and WSoccer victories late tonight.
Yes, stick with that plan,lol

Don't know much about the Padres bullpen but Melton bringing Morejon in when he did seemed strange given the Mets had a slew of right handed batter coming up. I would have pulled Diaz after 1 inning after the Mets scored 4 in the 7th. Buck must be confident he is still good for one this evening. The question is will we need more than that. Have no feel for what to expect from Bassitt tonight. I think the Pads have Manea on their roster and he can probably provide a good scouting report on Bassitt. The key is getting hits with runners in scoring position.

Sorry but Bassitt owes us a good Bassitt game. 7/8 tonight and under 2 runs..,
Prove he deserves to be our #2 next year.

Sorry but Bassitt owes us a good Bassitt game. 7/8 tonight and under 2 runs..,
Prove he deserves to be our #2 next year.
I hope your right, but I won't hold my breath on getting Bassitt to the 7/8 tonight. I'll settle for 6 inning and leaving with the Mets up a couple. We shall see, and as you know as well as I, plenty waiting in the wings to talk $hit, but never before the fact. Lol

Don't know much about the Padres bullpen but Melton bringing Morejon in when he did seemed strange given the Mets had a slew of right handed batter coming up. I would have pulled Diaz after 1 inning after the Mets scored 4 in the 7th. Buck must be confident he is still good for one this evening. The question is will we need more than that. Have no feel for what to expect from Bassitt tonight. I think the Pads have Manea on their roster and he can probably provide a good scouting report on Bassitt. The key is getting hits with runners in scoring position.
Brining in Morejon was fine, but not yanking him after getting 2 guys on base was not.

He needed to bring Tim Hill in once that happened.

Tonight you’ll see the bullpen in full force I’ll bet. Musgrove likely a 5/6 inning outing. Then Tim Hill, Suarez, Garcia, and Hader.

I think the one advantage is Musgrove for us, local kid and it means A LOT to him on a personal level.

Obviously these guys are professionals and they all want to win, but this is a piece of Java Joe’s heart.

Brining in Morejon was fine, but not yanking him after getting 2 guys on base was not.

MLB rule, he had to face at least three batters. He didn't have to face McNeil but by then, the stage was set for what happened.

The thought that Musgrove being from Jersey giving the Padres an edge tonight is just silly. I'm sure that the game is jist as important to every player and coach tonight regardless of hometown.

MLB rule, he had to face at least three batters. He didn't have to face McNeil but by then, the stage was set for what happened.

The thought that Musgrove being from Jersey giving the Padres an edge tonight is just silly. I'm sure that the game is jist as important to every player and coach tonight regardless of hometown.
Musgrove is from San Diego. He grew up a Padre fan. He wears #44 for Jake Peavy.

He signed with San Diego to win a WS here, his family is heavily involved with the organization (mom bakes for Don and Mud every home start for Joe 😂).

All I’m saying is him starting for the Padres tonight in an elimination means more to him personally than a guy like Bassitt.

Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a beast, but I’m just stating it for what it is.

There’s not another pitcher not named Darvish I’d rather have on the mound for us than Java Joe.

Musgrove is from San Diego. He grew up a Padre fan. He wears #44 for Jake Peavy.

He signed with San Diego to win a WS here, his family is heavily involved with the organization (mom bakes for Don and Mud every home start for Joe 😂).

All I’m saying is him starting for the Padres tonight in an elimination means more to him personally than a guy like Bassitt.

Doesn’t mean he’s going to be a beast, but I’m just stating it for what it is.

There’s not another pitcher not named Darvish I’d rather have on the mound for us than Java Joe.
I kind of get where you are going with this but...these are professional athletes- no one really has an edge on who wants it more. That is sort of silly to say...Plus- some good playoff and hopefully WS starts for Bassitt and it means millions more for him.

Tonight you’ll see the bullpen in full force I’ll bet. Musgrove likely a 5/6 inning outing. Then Tim Hill, Suarez, Garcia, and Hader.

I think the one advantage is Musgrove for us, local kid and it means A LOT to him on a personal level.

Obviously these guys are professionals and they all want to win, but this is a piece of Java Joe’s heart.
Enjoy the game RUT.
Hitters don’t care about what the game means to the other pitcher or why.
Either Joe is good to hit at or he isn’t.

I kind of get where you are going with this but...these are professional athletes- no one really has an edge on who wants it more. That is sort of silly to say...Plus- some good playoff and hopefully WS starts for Bassitt and it means millions more for him.
Enjoy the game RUT.
Hitters don’t care about what the game means to the other pitcher or why.
Either Joe is good to hit at or he isn’t.
Not saying it’s a major thing, but I don’t necessarily think it’s irrelevant either.

Enjoy the game fellas and whoever wins tonight needs to beat LA’s ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT