ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

NY Times prediction in Sunday's paper was a third place finish for the Yankees, not making the playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Whatever it takes to get Cashman and Boone fired.
If they didn't fire them after last year's disaster why do you think another year will make a difference? As long as fans show up and TV ratings good 😆, the Steinbrenners will be happy with the bigger bank account.

Reactions: RW90 and MitchLL
Fire Cashman?
I think it's pretty clear that Yankees would benefit from a change in leadership and view. This isn't a total indictment on Cashman, it's just time for change. But as KBee said, if the money is still flowing in, does Hal really care?

Reactions: MitchLL
Reactions: Kbee3
There's so many things wrong with the organization and approach to lineups that it's hard to know where to begin.

Aging stars that can't stay healthy, home run or strike out at bats, scoring guys from 3B with < 2 outs, closers that pitch to contact, etc.

We should make predictions on this thread before the season starts that we can review at the end of the year. Total wins/Playoffs Yes or No/Playoff end result (if applicable)

I'm pretty comfortable saying we will win more than 71 games this year.

We should make predictions on this thread before the season starts that we can review at the end of the year. Total wins/Playoffs Yes or No/Playoff end result (if applicable)

I'm pretty comfortable saying we will win more than 71 games this year.
Yankees will make the playoffs- too much talent. How far anyone goes in the playoff, is just a guess.

Yankees will make the playoffs- too much talent. How far anyone goes in the playoff, is just a guess.
I'm told Vegas has the Yankees fourth best choice to win the World Series, behind the Dodgers, Braves, and Astros.

I'm gonna say 91 wins, 2nd place in the division, gets a wild card spot. Makes it past the first round, but loses in the 2nd.

I remember growing up in the 80's my father always calling all NYY players over-paid millionaires. I'm slowly becoming my dad with each passing season.

Acquired Jon Berti. Traded Ben Rortvedt and minor leaguer John Cruz in a 3 way trade with the Marlins and Rays.

The solar eclipse in April is scheduled to happen at the same time as the Yankees game in the Bronx.

433143919_947133450334274_1729992104606976010_n.jpg

The solar eclipse in April is scheduled to happen at the same time as the Yankees game in the Bronx.

433143919_947133450334274_1729992104606976010_n.jpg
It's not a coincidence. The MLB has scheduled any games in the zone to be day games and start before that area's hits peak. Stupid. They better be handing out eclipse glasses and warning info otherwise there will be a lot of baseball fans

First inning: one on, one out…double play ends the inning.

Second inning: bases loaded, one out…double play ends the inning.

Houston has 4 runs after 2 innings.

Too soon to declare the season a disaster?

I still wouldn't want to face Houston in the playoffs for a 7 game series. They have some serious lumber on that team.

nice. Glad to be wrong.

Good to have an actual outfield and not utility infielders playing there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT