ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

That's a possibility. This is his contract year.
Though, tonight is a perfect example of what you hated- he took a walk when he should just swing away- but this time- Judge got the hit like he is supposed to.
If it were SD- he took the walk and the next guy failed- it would be same old Soto

I concede the point......today.
Very talented player but still don't like the guy.
So far he looks like one of the very best players in MLB. It should be interesting when Judge gets it together.
Great comeback win tonight.
BTW, when is the Martian expected back ?

Holmes cannot stay the closer!!!!!

Find someone that doesn't pitch to contact.
That was the luckiest 9th inning for a closer I might have ever seen.
The question...did Cashman see it

Last edited:
Enjoy the guy's talent. He is one of the top five hitters in the league.
Still don't like the guy.
If you don't like players that underachieved last year with the Padres, I guess you don't like most players on your team. The Padres were a train wreck last year.

If you don't like players that underachieved last year with the Padres, I guess you don't like most players on your team. The Padres were a train wreck last year.
That's not the case at all. Look at his numbers and no one, not even me, would say that he had a bad year last year. There were other things that make me feel the way that I do and I'm happy he's gone.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
That's not the case at all. Look at his numbers and no one, not even me, would say that he had a bad year last year. There were other things that make me feel the way that I do and I'm happy he's gone.
So far, he's been the perfect fit for the stadium and team. Can't complain.

And Rizzo Torres Stanton verdugo. Only guys hitting are Soto and volpe
Volpe ? Not lately.
Cabrera is sorta hitting.
And Wells is doing about as poorly as is possible.
But it's early...I guess.
Although somebody should tell Gleyber it's a contract year for him.

Reactions: MitchLL
He was probably our best hitter after Judge last year. It's possible he gets shipped out at the deadline I would imagine.
That's an indictment of the Yanks last year, not a compliment for Torres. GT has been a bum in big games his entire career. Dump him.

I can't see the Yankees extending Torres in anyway unless it's on an extremely team friendly deal. Give every cent of his to Soto instead.

I can't see the Yankees extending Torres in anyway unless it's on an extremely team friendly deal. Give every cent of his to Soto instead.
Maybe it’s just the way he carries himself but Torres seems disinterested at times.

He fouled a ball of of his ankle and I thought for a bit we would be finding out how life without Gleyber would be.
But he stayed in the game.
Perhaps the pressure of a contract year is getting to him.
We do have an interesting 2nd base prospect at AA.

Judge really earning his 40 million a year. Such a waste.

Most overrated player in baseball.
This is why it was so great to watch Boras go down in flames this offseason. The majority of the teams have made it clear they aren't going for excessive amounts of years on these long term deals anymore.

Judge is just horrible right now.
There are many different kinds of slumps, my dad would say I’m not in a slump I’m just not getting any hits….of course his 0-20 was 15 line drives caught and 1 strikeout.
Judge’s slump including the end of last year is ridiculously prolonged.
His strikeouts are overwhelming at this point.
George Brett and Tony Gwynn had slumps, what do you think they looked like compared to Judge???
Gotta believe he’ll eventually hit, but when.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
There are many different kinds of slumps, my dad would say I’m not in a slump I’m just not getting any hits….of course his 0-20 was 15 line drives caught and 1 strikeout.
Judge’s slump including the end of last year is ridiculously prolonged.
His strikeouts are overwhelming at this point.
George Brett and Tony Gwynn had slumps, what do you think they looked like compared to Judge???
Gotta believe he’ll eventually hit, but when.

Haven't been watching much so this is truly a question. Is Judged psyched out by the low pitch (for him) strike calls?

Who doesn't have slumps ?
You can have a 1-2 week slump, but he's in a month long one. He can't do that when his salary is 1/7th of the team's payroll. I should have been more specific.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT