ADVERTISEMENT

OT: One thing I really miss with NFL Jets/Giants

yesrutgers01

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2008
One of the things I used to love with NFL Sundays here in the NY/NJ area was to know that the league always went out of it's way to have one of them on at 1pm and the other at 4pm unless a bye or Monday night game.
Over the last few years- they are usually either both on at the same time or, like today 1pm and 8pm.

I am glad I am just a casual viewer anymore but doesn't anyone else miss those days? Used to put on a fire, get some snacks and drinks, have the dogs at my feet and no one bother me between 1-7pm

Reactions: newell138 and Kbee3
I don't. I am a Giants fan but don't hate the Jets because I was forced to watch them for so many years. So much better now that we can watch better games. The fact both teams are horrible makes it even better to schedule at the same time.

One of the things I used to love with NFL Sundays here in the NY/NJ area was to know that the league always went out of it's way to have one of them on at 1pm and the other at 4pm unless a bye or Monday night game.
Over the last few years- they are usually either both on at the same time or, like today 1pm and 8pm.

I am glad I am just a casual viewer anymore but doesn't anyone else miss those days? Used to put on a fire, get some snacks and drinks, have the dogs at my feet and no one bother me between 1-7pm
Minor correction, Giants v. Packers are tomorrow (Monday) night.

Reactions: yesrutgers01

I've often thought the same thing. What caused them to make the change ?

I don't. I am a Giants fan but don't hate the Jets because I was forced to watch them for so many years. So much better now that we can watch better games. The fact both teams are horrible makes it even better to schedule at the same time.
I don't really watch any other games anymore until the SB...just stick with the two NY/NJ teams and usually- more casual than anything else.

I've often thought the same thing. What caused them to make the change ?
I am guessing that it had to do with fantasy and now gambling in some way.

But it used to just be comforting knowing your Sunday from 1-7 was planned out.

Reactions: Kbee3
I don't really watch any other games anymore until the SB...just stick with the two NY/NJ teams and usually- more casual than anything else.
I used to watch every game I could. The same with college football.
Now it's the Giants (fan), Jets(wife's a fan), certain interesting matchups like Philadelphia-Dallas. Miami-Buffalo, and Kansas City vs. anyone. (big Mahomes fan).

I used to watch every game I could. The same with college football.
Now it's the Giants (fan), Jets(wife's a fan), certain interesting matchups like Philadelphia-Dallas. Miami-Buffalo, and Kansas City vs. anyone. (big Mahomes fan).
I was that way too until the son made it to the NFL and Owners and "fans" just pissed me off enough that I gave up the NFL for at least 5 years.
I watch it again and like to talk it some but have never gotten back to being a diehard- if someone asks me if I want to do something on a Sunday during football season- I have no problem at all missing the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT