ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PSU Transfer QB Christian Vielleux

That‘s the model every successful football programs has. We’re always afraid if we add real competition, we’ll Hurt the current QB feelings and they might transfer away. All team recruits the best every year even if you get 4 4 stars QB for the last 4 years.

A quality throwing QB in next year transfer portal might start to think Rutgers is a good transfer location since we have the RB, good defense, decent offense line. Only need QB and WR.
agree, we should be aggressively go after this

agree, we should be aggressively go after this

You guys are really clueless. If you objectively evaluate the B1G starting QB's based on the eye test and performance (see QBR ranking link above), there are only 4 teams QB situation, Michigan, OSU, PSU, and Maryland, I would chose over RU going forward and Tagovailoa is likely gone after this season. Purdue's Card and Wiscy's Mordecai are more experienced but Gavin has 2 more years and more upside. MacNamara has shown very little. The rest are not even debatable in my opinion.

So to answer the question what starting B1G QB would I chose GW over?... plenty!

You guys are really clueless. If you objectively evaluate the B1G starting QB's based on the eye test and performance (see QBR ranking link above), there are only 4 teams QB situation, Michigan, OSU, PSU, and Maryland, I would chose over RU going forward and Tagovailoa is likely gone after this season. Purdue's Card and Wiscy's Mordecai are more experienced but Gavin has 2 more years and more upside. MacNamara has shown very little. The rest are not even debatable in my opinion.

So to answer the question what starting B1G QB would I chose GW over?... plenty!
lol and you talk about others being clueless.

as a former RU qb told me on the phone Saturday night, 'He is not going to throw his way into a victory' he posts here, he may chime in

There are 3 4 star QB on Ohio State bench waiting to play and there are 4 4 star QB on Alabama bench. Taulia Tagovaila was an Alabama QB on the bench until Lockley convinced him to transfer to Maryland, Lockley was a consultant at Alabama when Tallis was there. Will Levis a Penn State QB was sitting on the bench before Kentucky took him and the program was turned around. Joe Burrow was a backup before transferring to LSU. Quinn Ewers Ohio State backup transferred to Texas to start.

Maybe there is a star QB that’s sitting that might come to Rutgers to turn it around. Gavin just need to compete with real competition if a true QB transfer wants to come to Rutgers.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I was at this Pitt game Saturday. A good friend's daughter is a freshman at Pitt so 4 of us made the weekend roadtrip out there. Fun weekend and a fun city. That said, seems like the students and a lot of the fans are very down on the Pitt offense right about now with good reason. Tough season so far and only going to get tougher. But a fun roadtrip if you've never been, like I had never been.

I definitely see improvement this year but his completion percentage is too low at 52%, and some bad throws cost us yesterday. On the pivotal 4th and 2, I believe his throw before that required the wr to dive for the ball and land 2 yards short, if he hits him in stride it is a first down. Then the pick six, if a screen is blown up you throw it away or run, or 4th down then run. There was an earlier quick out that the wr was open and would have gotten eight yards but the ball was way off, 2nd and 10 instead of 2nd and 2. He obviously made some great throws that helped and kept is close for most of the game and I don't expect him to be perfect. Just needs a little more improvement on accuracy and decision making and then he will be a weapon.
That Pick 6 was 99% on Jackson, who failed to extend his arms, letting the ball come into his body, despite being tightly covered, which is how the UM player was able to snatch the ball away. If he extends his arms to catch the ball with his hands (he was in front of the defender), he gets tackled for a 2 yard loss (or maybe it's an incomplete), as the play call sucked, but at least it wouldn't have been a TD for UM.

I was at this Pitt game Saturday. A good friend's daughter is a freshman at Pitt so 4 of us made the weekend roadtrip out there. Fun weekend and a fun city. That said, seems like the students and a lot of the fans are very down on the Pitt offense right about now with good reason. Tough season so far and only going to get tougher. But a fun roadtrip if you've never been, like I had never been.
There are 3 4 star QB on Ohio State bench waiting to play and there are 4 4 star QB on Alabama bench. Taulia Tagovaila was an Alabama QB on the bench until Lockley convinced him to transfer to Maryland, Lockley was a consultant at Alabama when Tallis was there. Will Levis a Penn State QB was sitting on the bench before Kentucky took him and the program was turned around. Joe Burrow was a backup before transferring to LSU. Quinn Ewers Ohio State backup transferred to Texas to start.

Maybe there is a star QB that’s sitting that might come to Rutgers to turn it around. Gavin just need to compete with real competition if a true QB transfer wants to come to Rutgers.
Got news for some here Ajani Sheppherd and AJ Surace will make Gavin Work. If Evan Simon stays then the room will be pretty solid.

I want to see Ajani get more snaps, maybe a full quarter worth. He looked very good albeit, vs inferior comp

Got news for some here Ajani Sheppherd and AJ Surace will make Gavin Work. If Evan Simon stays then the room will be pretty solid.
I'm stoked for Surace to get on campus just based on everything I've read about him saying he has an innate ability to read and breakdown defenses at the line. I want to see him and Gavin push one another to a different level.

Reactions: Morrischiano
The kid played 8 snaps yall have to relax and let him develop
no one is anointing him. If you read, again, what I posted above you'll see that I only said give him a quarter. zero wrong with that and good for development

Reactions: GSGS
Christian Vielleux will now get more of a prolonged opportunity. It will be interesting to watch to see whether his stellar performance vs. Rutgers while at State Penn or his abysmal showing earlier this year with Pitt was more indicative of his talent.

Quick Rewatch- missing a completion and a pass

Pass 1- Off the mark to Langan, but pressure was coming on from DL- 0/1
Pass 2- Completion to Washington 1/2
Pass 3- Completion to Dremel for TD 2/3
Pass 4- On the money to Langan 3/4
Pass 5- On the money to Jackson 1D- 4/5
Second Half:
Pass 6- Dangerous pass overthrown 4/6
Pass 7- DPI on Michigan 5/7
Pass 8-Under pressure throwaway 4/8
Pass 9-Perfect sideline pass to Jackson 1D 5/9
Pass 10-nice sideline pass to Washington Complete but ruled out of bounds 5/10
Pass 11- great sideline pass to Washington complete 6/11
Pass 12-sideline pass incomplete Jackson stepped out of bounds 6/12
Pass 13-High pass to Washington 6/13
Pass 14-Nice over the middle to Dremel 7/14
Pass 15-Screen pass INT pick 6- 7/15
Pass 16-dumpoff to Bowman dropped 7/16
Pass 17-over middle complete to Dremel 8/17
Pass 18-on money to Langan for 1D - 9/18
Pass 19-Throwaway to avoid sack on money, dropped by Dremel 9/19
Pass 20-Incomplete to Dremel off money 10/20

Pass 21- MIA but complete 11/21

For his 10 incompletions:
4 Were off the mark and the pick 6
1 Throwaway
2 Receiver out of bounds
3 drops
Can't put the drops or the receivers out of bounds, ruled out of bounds on the QB.
4 of 21 were bad throws.
Watch the video and you will see good improvement against a highly ranked defense.

lol and you talk about others being clueless.

as a former RU qb told me on the phone Saturday night, 'He is not going to throw his way into a victory' he posts here, he may chime in
Was that former Rutgers qb former South River Ram Keith Hudak ?

his first start and he leads an abysmal 1-4 pitt team to a win vs 6-0 louisville 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT